Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

Discuss any spoilers/speculation here.

The press releases for the final 3 episodes of season 1 (from SpoilerTV.com):

"Teatro" – Sunday, July 30, at 9 p.m. (ET/PT) – TV-MA

With a shocking revelation affecting the entire crew, Jennifer (Jenn Lyon) finds unexpected solace in her square-dancing instructor, Hank (Hunter Burke). Polly (Carrie Preston) uses all of her powers of bad for good, for the first time, while Quiet Ann (Judy Reyes) is torn about a big decision. Scary times are in store for Virginia (Karrueche Tran), but for Desna (Niecy Nash) most of all.

"Ambrosia" – Sunday, Aug. 6, at 9 p.m. (ET/PT) – TV-MA

With the clock ticking, Desna (Niecy Nash) is scrambling to get out of her worst trouble yet. Determined, she goes searching for the truth with her crew right behind her, save for Jennifer (Jenn Lyon), who is learning how to cope as a Dixie Mafia wife. When Desna's sleuthing hits pay dirt, she goes to the only person who can save her. Time is running out.

"**Avalanche" – Sunday, Aug. 13, at 9 p.m. (ET/PT) – TV-MA

Following a harrowing escape from Roller's (Jack Kesy) grasp, Desna (Niecy Nash) is on the run. Roller is close behind, running from the Russians. Dean (Harold Perrineau), Polly (Carrie Preston) and Virginia (Karrueche Tran) frantically search for Desna before time runs out. Meanwhile, Jennifer (Jenn Lyon) gets more deeply involved with Hank (Hunter Burke), oblivious to how close her life is to imploding. In the end, only Desna can save Jennifer, Roller, and her crew with a sacrifice greater than any she’s ever had to make.

(edited)

Sounds like the chase is on in the season finale. It also sounds like Roller tries to kill Desna and she escapes his clutches. She goes on the run with Roller chasing her while the Russians are chasing Roller. I'll bet that Desna and Roller meet up again while on the run, and it turns into a Bonnie and Clyde ripoff story arc. LOL. Though I'm curious about the sacrifice Desna makes on behalf of everyone, including Roller.

Edited by Syndicate
  • Love 1

Interesting that Roller goes after Desna more than Virginia considering Virginia is the one who shot him. Maybe he feels more betrayed by "his woman" than his side piece?

I would enjoy a Bonnie and Clyde type of situation, though with a different ending. 

• Love 1
(edited)

"Scary times are in store for Virginia."

I wonder if this actually means Virginia will ultimately be pregnant? Perhaps we'll see her have fainting spells in the next episode and beyond. I know that she, along with Desna, were heavily involved in the Roller/Dixie Mafia business from the beginning, but it sounds like Desna is more in danger from this aspect. I'd say a pregnancy would be considered very scary for Virginia for several reasons, and especially the most obvious reason. I wouldn't necessarily need Virginia to actually become a mother, but for the sake of drama and hijinks, it works for me. It also doesn't sound like Desna will learn anything of her brother's tryst with Virginia during the final 3 episodes, so a story of Virginia having to try and conceal a pregnancy to carry over into season 2 also works.

Edited by Syndicate

Virginia isn't involved in Dixie Mafia. She was screwing Roller and had worked at She She's but that was about it. Desna, Jen, and Quiet Ann have been involved with Dixie Mafia stuff to varying degrees. Even Polly isn't really involved due to her prison stint plus Roller didn't want her involved cause of her ankle monitor, which is also why Desna went off on Virginia for snitching to Roller that Polly had an ankle monitor along with Virginia being an overall untrustworthy parasite when she kicked her out of the salon. 

I've zero desire to see Virginia pregnant. It would be creatively lazy for the writers  to do, IMO. 

Creatively lazy? Perhaps! I'd prefer something better. But SOMETHING is the key word for me here, especially since it seems like this season will end without Desna learning anything about it.

10 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

Interesting that Roller goes after Desna more than Virginia considering Virginia is the one who shot him. Maybe he feels more betrayed by "his woman" than his side piece?

I would enjoy a Bonnie and Clyde type of situation, though with a different ending. 

I want Desna and Roller back together too (I really liked their dynamic during their good times) and it'd be an interesting challenge for the writers to believably have them reconnect on that level. I'm not sure I see that writing ability in the season so far (though I've had fun nonetheless) but here's to hoping!

15 hours ago, Syndicate said:

Sounds like the chase is on in the season finale. It also sounds like Roller tries to kill Desna and she escapes his clutches. She goes on the run with Roller chasing her while the Russians are chasing Roller. I'll bet that Desna and Roller meet up again while on the run, and it turns into a Bonnie and Clyde ripoff story arc. LOL. Though I'm curious about the sacrifice Desna makes on behalf of everyone, including Roller.

So am I. I agree that it sounds like she looks into the Russians and sics them on Roller who then goes after her, but I have no idea what this sacrifice could be. And the "including Roller" part bolsters my hope that they come back around to each other, except with Roller being less of cheating, condescending asshole.

I wonder if Desna's sacrifice is either giving up Glint and working for The Russians or Uncle Daddy or tethering Glint to The Russians or Uncle Daddy? That's her dream and the thing that would be a huge sacrifice to her if she couldn't enjoy that free and clear from the mafia stuff. 

• Love 1

I'm predicting (unspoilered) that Bryce kills Roller. He's using again, he's killed already, and he's in the unfamiliar position of being Uncle Daddy's favorite.

Niecy said in an interview that for the finale, all she could say was that people will be paying consequences for their actions and that people are not who they appear to be.  Which got me to thinking just based on seeing her in the promo, that Uncle Daddy's wife might more of a power player than she appears to be. We've already seen in this episode that Uncle Daddy was not the top dog in the game in his area of Florida that is, he had a hippy boss that he seem to be tip toeing around. I had no idea he had to answer to anyone, much less someone like that.  So I'm looking forward to masks coming off of few characters faces so to speak.

Edited by Keepitmoving
(edited)

I still think Dr. Ruval is involved with the Haitian mafia. Or maybe hope is the better word, because if he isn't I'm going to have to keep calling him Dr. Do-nothing.

I'd like to see Roller stick around, but wouldn't it just be Desna's luck if he gets knocked off, Desna thinks she's safe, but we find out her 'Anti-Roller' man is far more dangerous?

Edited by WhyIsTheRumGone
1 hour ago, WhyIsTheRumGone said:

I still think Dr. Ruval is involved with the Haitian mafia. Or maybe hope is the better word, because if he isn't I'm going to have to keep calling him Dr. Do-nothing.

I'd like to see Roller stick around, but wouldn't it just be Desna's luck if he gets knocked off, Desna thinks she's safe, but we find out her 'Anti-Roller' man is far more dangerous?

He needs to be about something exciting because watching him is like watching paint dry. Say what one wants about Roller, he's not boring and he and Desna have chemistry, twisted, but it's there. And now they're both even in trying to kill one another, LOL, some sick shit.  But the doctor... I'm not getting anything with her and this doctor except that he looks great on paper. 

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 1

A friend of mine caught "The Haitians" comment (I'd missed it cause live-tweeting is hard) and commented the thought there could be something there with Dr. WhatsHisName. (I mentioned this too in the ep thread already) I told him I hope so and I could see it as I've seen that actor in other shows and I know he's talented so it was such a surprise seeing him so underused & forgettable in that role. It would also explain why he was willing to put up with so many interruptions and drama on the couple of dates we saw. 

Hope Virginia pays some consequences! And while I like Jen and Hank seems like a decent guy for the most part, I can see their affair blowing up, not to mention Quiet Ann and her cop.

Also, I am still wondering if Roller started working with the Russians to get Desna the money for her salon because Uncle Daddy was going to keep finding ways to keep her indebted to him and not pay her more. Guess we'll find out in the S1 finale. Hopefully.  

Edited by Chick2Chic
additional comment.
  • Love 1

When the good doctor showed up, and the girls checked his social media, and said "he's perfect!" I thought: okay, there's another shoe to drop. Pictures of him, his car, etc. That's actually the kind of profile that some scammers use.

Since I  really didn't  like the Roller Held Hostage stuff at all if they end up killing  him off tonight the decision to keep him after the Pilot will feel like a waste of time.