Type keyword(s) to search

Ratings & Scheduling: Nielsen Family Favorite?

• Start Topic

Ratings for "The Age of Darkness" (courtesy TVBTN): 

On ABC,  Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D matched last week's 1.9 adults 18-49 rating. The Goldbergs earned a 1.6 adults 18-49 rating, up 14 percent from a 1.4 for its most recent original episode. Trophy Wife garnered a 0.9 adults 18-49 rating, up 13 percent from a 0.8 for its most recent original episode.  Celebrity Wife Swap notched a from last week's 0.9 adults 18-49 rating.

Updated (still courtesy of TVBTN): 

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was adjusted up two tenths, Glee, The Goldbergs, New Girl and Trophy Wife were each adjusted up a single tenth while About A Boy and Growing Up Fisher were each adjusted down a single tenth among adults 18-49 versus the preliminary Tuesday broadcast ratings.

Although pretty much expected, ABC announced today that The Goldbergs is officially moving to Wednesdays @ 8:30! While I don't want to jinx it, I'm expecting big things out of the show being sandwiched between The Middle and Modern Family

ETA: ABC's programming head, Paul Lee, had this to say about the 2014-15 schedule and about The Goldbergs in particular

More mundanely, Lee noted his lineup’s Monday stability, and that on Tuesday his network is now the only network doing comedy — both new and both having to self-start at 8 PM. On Wednesdays he forecast The Goldbergs — sandwiched between The Middle and Modern Family  — is perfectly positioned to stay on the network for a very long time.  Thursdays, Lee says he’s not worried that Scandal will go head-to-head with NBC’s powerhouse The Blacklist at 9 because “the truth is you can have hits on different networks in the same time periods” in this era of DVR-ing.

ABC is airing a four-episode marathon on Wed, Sep 3rd from 8-10.  

It and The Middle have been repeating extremely well this summer.  I think both are going to do really well this season.

• Love 3

Via TVBTN

On ABC, The Middle earned a 1.9 adults 18-49 rating, down 14 percent from a 2.2 for last week's premiere. The Goldbergs notched a 2.2 adults 18-49 rating, down 4 percent from a 2.3 for last week’s premiere. Modern Family garnered a 3.5 adults 18-49 rating, down 10 percent from a 3.9 for last week’s premiere. black-ish scored a 2.5 adults 18-49 rating, down 24 percent from a 3.3 for last week’s premiere.  Nashville earned a 1.5 adults 18-49 rating, even with last week’s premiere.

Update, via TVBTN

Modern Family was adjusted up two tenths, The Middle, The Mysteries of Laura, The Goldbergs, Blackish and Nashville were each adjusted up a single tenth, while Chicago P.D. was adjusted down a single tenth among adults 18-49 versus the preliminary Wednesday broadcast ratings.

It's great to see the show building out of The Middle again. If the show keeps it up, I would say a S3 renewal will happen before the new year.

ABC's strength has been the family based programming for a while. It's a little weird that it took them so long to decide to consolidate all of that instead of spreading it out, and trying to leverage new shows with the established stuff when there wasn't a parallel.

Even Black-ish appears to be doing well, which I wouldn't have expected, but it plays well on this Wednesday Night line-up. Not that I was a huge Trophy Wife fan, but it probably would have survived in the 9:30 slot in this line-up.

It's also a "Likely to be renewed" show. Basically, if it holds ratings, it'll get renewed to get it to 88 epsiodes (I guess that's a near magic number for syndication). With the consistent Wednesday night line up, I'm guessing it won't have a lot of opportunity to go up, but maybe hold firm.

To be honest, it's pretty much guaranteed to be renewed for a 4th season regardless of whether it holds its current ratings or not. The same thing happened with Nashville last year, which was in its 3rd season and was renewed despite having anemic ratings. Obviously The Goldbergs' ratings are actually pretty healthy right now and I'm sure ABC expects to have the show on the schedule beyond even next season, but I certainly think they're guaranteed at least 4 seasons at this point.

I hadn't realized The Goldbergs was getting such huge ratings (well, 18-49 demo-wise). I remember in Season 1 it barely being on the ratings radar (1.7 two years ago wasn't as impressive as it NOW seems with those demo ratings falling for everyone).

But Season 2 and now Season 3, it seems to be killing it. 2.18 as the 18-49 overall average last season and (so far) 2.19 as the 18-49 average this season. A few years ago these numbers wouldn't have seemed as impressive, but these days they are.

• Love 1

IIRC the show was on Tuesdays in Season 1. Being moved to Wednesday Nights between The Middle and Modern Family really helped the show find an audience.

It's in fact getting better ratings than The Middle now. 

• Love 1