Type keyword(s) to search

(edited)

^^^ I'd give that a thousand likes if I could jima!!!

Kim, you sounded like you really sunk your teeth into this one and enjoyed the heck out of PLAGUE! Awesome job and thank you.  I was giggling the entire way through bec epidemics on the prairie are always a hoot and a half.

And yes!!! I love that you're planning ahead to the Mime!

Edited by Lady Iris
  • Love 1

I really thought this was going to be the one where Laura goes blind for like 5 seconds, but now I remember that's from some kind of tainted meat, not rat-infested cornmeal. 

How did no one notice all those rats before? They weren't being discreet. And what, no repercussions for Mr. Peterson? 

3 hours ago, Kerfuffler said:

I really thought this was going to be the one where Laura goes blind for like 5 seconds, but now I remember that's from some kind of tainted meat, not rat-infested cornmeal. 

Yeah, I think that was anthrax that gave her that moment. Bad sheep iirc. You can bet I thought of exactly that when there were those anthrax terrorist scares after 9/11.

On 7/19/2017 at 6:39 PM, Kerfuffler said:

And what, no repercussions for Mr. Peterson? 

I think he ded. He definitely got sick and we never saw him again, so...keep a sharp eye on those gravestones during recess.

How did no one notice all those rats before? They weren't being discreet. And what, no repercussions for Mr. Peterson? 

I am pretty sure (and I could be imagining this since it's been about 8 years since I've seen the entire series) that the man holding his dead son under the tree ("He dead!") telling Charles to tell Miss Beadle that it's too nice a day to be in school is also holding a dead son ("He dead too!") under a tree talking about the nice weather in the Anthrax from the Cheap Mutton (Priced so Low We're Practically Giving it Away!) episode.

The rats on the cornmeal and the fire at the school for the blind are the images seared in my consciousness from this show. Thanks wholesome family television! I think those rats may also have led me to do some in depth research and on overseas class on the history of the Black Death when I was in college.

On 7/24/2017 at 11:08 AM, Your Aunt Tilly said:

I am pretty sure (and I could be imagining this since it's been about 8 years since I've seen the entire series) that the man holding his dead son under the tree ("He dead!") telling Charles to tell Miss Beadle that it's too nice a day to be in school is also holding a dead son ("He dead too!") under a tree talking about the nice weather in the Anthrax from the Cheap Mutton (Priced so Low We're Practically Giving it Away!) episode.

I just watched that one!  Yes, it's the same guy and when he carried a son into the makeshift hospital with anthrax I knew the kid wouldn't make it, because this actor must be typecast as Intensely Grieving Father or something. Instead of going mad under a tree though he attacks the guy who was selling the mutton (who had already died). 

• Love 1