Type keyword(s) to search

Dr. Drew: Board-Certified Cue Card Reader

CofCinci
  • Start Topic

You know, it's really sad that he's been reduced to this mess, and willingly is involved. I thought he actually had very great advice when he was on Loveline. Most notable cases for me were both the guy who wanted to know how best to "talk his girlfriend into" sex when she had already indicated she didn't feel ready (she was underage), and the girl who kept sleeping with a guy that told her he didn't want a girlfriend and she wanted to know how she could make him change his mind. Both deserved major eyerolls (and really, the first guy deserved a kick in the balls for ignoring his girlfriend's wishes and wondering how best to manipulate her to get what HE wanted), but Dr. Drew gave them both good, non judgmental advice that seemed to sink in for both of them.

Now, being involved in this charade of patting the girls on the back for the most minor of accomplishments and validating every stupid thing they say- he may get paid good money for it, but I'd like to think the mid-late 90s Dr. Drew would not have wanted this.

• Love 19

He's useless on these shows, imo. He hasn't a clue. Recall him telling Gary to shut up while he's ahead? Gary is probably the only one on this show I would want to hear from given a choice.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Marisagf said:

He was great on Loveline!  I think  when he started Celebrity Rehab that was his downfall.  He got too "Hollywood"' if you know what I mean.

I liked him on "Loveline" until he told the caller that endometriosis wasn't a real thing and that her pain was probably from being sexually abused. He went on and said that endo didn't cause pain. For those of us who suffer from it, and have had multiple surgeries to help reduce it, it went over like a lead balloon. He suffered a lot of flack from that and did a lot of backtracking. 

• Love 10
36 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I liked him on "Loveline" until he told the caller that endometriosis wasn't a real thing and that her pain was probably from being sexually abused. He went on and said that endo didn't cause pain. For those of us who suffer from it, and have had multiple surgeries to help reduce it, it went over like a lead balloon. He suffered a lot of flack from that and did a lot of backtracking. 

Some how this doesnt surprise me any. I actually know of several guys who dont think its a real thing and its just women acting up more.  How Dr. Drew passed medical school is beyond me.

• Love 3

Dr. Drew started on Loveline before the dude was even out of med school. http://www.lovelineshow.com/pg/jsp/loveline/abouttheshow.jsp

Freeway snarls are familiar to Dr. Pinsky; he grew up in Pasadena. His father, Morton Pinsky, was a physician, and his mother, Helene Stanton, a Las Vegas stage singer.

“I’m a workaholic,” Dr. Pinsky said as he plopped down on a tangerine couch at Mr. Carolla’s studio. He said he began to have panic attacks at 19 and was told he had an anxiety disorder while a student at Amherst College.

“I was a mess,” he said. “But I found my way through.”

Daddy forced him to be a doctor -- when he really wanted to be showgirl like mom -- hence the panic attacks. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I was happy when Dr. Drew's show was canceled after his negative speculation about Hillary Clinton's health and questioning her medical care. 

Dr. Drew also hosted the Mob Wives (VH1) reunion show. He claims he is a huge fan of the show. The article mentions sarcastically he must DVR the show just like he does Teen Mom: http://www.realitytea.com/2013/04/22/mob-wives-reunion-recap/

The downfall of Dr. Drew. A list (with links provided):https://jezebel.com/an-annotated-map-of-dr-drews-downfall-475028887

• Love 7
9 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I was happy when Dr. Drew's show was canceled after his negative speculation about Hillary Clinton's health and questioning her medical care. 

Dr. Drew also hosted the Mob Wives (VH1) reunion show. He claims he is a huge fan of the show. The article mentions sarcastically he must DVR the show just like he does Teen Mom: http://www.realitytea.com/2013/04/22/mob-wives-reunion-recap/

The downfall of Dr. Drew. A list (with links provided):https://jezebel.com/an-annotated-map-of-dr-drews-downfall-475028887

Thanks for the jezebel link. 

• Love 3

A few years ago in NYC, I saw Dr. Drew in front of the Sirius XM building which is part of Rockefeller Center.  We were in that area and I saw paparazzi (one of them was for TMZ and had a video camera) bothering someone getting out of a car in front of the building so I went over there to be nosy.  I forget who was getting out of the car.  I hung out to watch and several various celebrities came to the building and the paparazzi asked questions and took their pics.  An SUV pulled up and Dr Drew got out and the paparazzi didn't give a shit. lol  They talked to him by throwing out bored sounding heys.   We went and had lunch and went back because I enjoyed the people watching.  Dr Drew came out and his ride wasn't there so he talked on his phone for 10 minutes while he waited.  Not one single person seemed to notice him or try to interact.  It was sad but fascinating. 

• Love 5
16 hours ago, mamadrama said:

What!!!! This is why more women don't get medical help for endometriosis. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Dr. Drew is a turd who, like a broken clock, is right a couple of times per day. He doesn't watch TM outside of clips they give him, and if he does, he's an even worse person and doctor than I thought with what he says to these people. 

But I almost can't knock his famewhore hustle. He'll show up anywhere with a camera and a check and spout off something even if he knows very little about the person/situation he's talking about. However, he's a medical doctor and is usually there weighing in or hosting as a "Doctor," and he gives ridiculous advice and doesn't come prepared.....so I'm gonna knock him over that. He's not just some random D-lister offering his or her opinion, he's being presented as a medical professional and in that capacity. I've come to accept, though, to see Dr. Drew on the TM reunions as just there to collect his check and pretend he watches the show or gives two shits about the cast. He doesn't. All he cares about is being on TV and getting that check. Reminding myself of that is the only way I can get through watching him on reunions.

I also remind myself that these chicks are entitled assholes as far as being employees/co-workers (Monkey!) and that if he pressed harder/actually acted professionally/didn't coddle them, there'd be no check and no camera time for him, so he just does whatever to keep that sweet , minimal-work-required hosting gig. Plus if Dr. Phil (whose ethics I also have questions about, but he'd at least call these people out) or Judge Judy hosted, these chicks would walk off stage. Filiming even ten minutes of footage would take several days while they had temper tantrums (this is MTV's fault, IMO). As long as MTV just wants someone to lob softballs and keep the girls on stage long enough to film (and aren't forcing them to do their job as they should), I almost can't hate Dr. Drew for showing up to do that job. I hate MTV/production for it more. They should get a host who will be harder on the girls and enforce normal work standards (you know, like a co-worker pisses you off and if you walk away from work, you've just QUIT your job or you're about to get fired....like in the real world). 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 6

To me, that is what bothers me the most. MTV uses Dr. Drew because he is being presented as this medical professional and what the doctor says must be the God-honest truth, therefore, he is right.

Nessa is there for the fluff and fun stuff, asking questions such as "What is your favorite music to listen to?" 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I am so glad my doctor (a male)  was so kind and comforting when I was dealing with endometriosis. He knew what I was going through. Bless him.

The title of this topic should be "bored certified". lol

I have had multiple surgeries for endo. Adenomyosis eventually caused my uterus to rupture after my 3rd child was born and it required an emergency hysterectomy. (Knew I'd need one after her but didn't think it would happen like that.) I am also glad that my doc was comforting and compassionate. Drew is a toad.

• Love 2
On 7/17/2017 at 5:41 PM, mamadrama said:

I have had multiple surgeries for endo. Adenomyosis eventually caused my uterus to rupture after my 3rd child was born and it required an emergency hysterectomy. (Knew I'd need one after her but didn't think it would happen like that.) I am also glad that my doc was comforting and compassionate. Drew is a toad.

I haven't had endometriosis (I've heard from many folks that it's unbearable), but I have ovarian cysts and a couple have burst. The bursting hurt almost as badly as childbirth, just a lot shorter. Drew is useless.

• Love 1
On 1/23/2018 at 4:33 PM, mamadrama said:

Have you all seen this video where he grills Jennifer Esposito on her celiac disease and then tells her that she doesn't have it? It's mind-boggling. 

https://glutendude.com/celebrities/dr-drew-has-no-clue/

His 'approach' reminds me of a psychic cold-reading session... Throw out random, yet slightly relevant to the information given, buzzwords and statements and just hope that The Mark replies "yes" to at least some of them... 

Bizarro! 

• Love 4