Type keyword(s) to search

Teen Mum - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 7:22 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

Sassi's wanting a trade is commendable, and good for her for finding a job with a woman owned company. I hope she can hang in there. I think its great that she took it on. Its one thing I like about her. If there's a lot of construction in her area she'll always work. 

I mean, sure, but what about the histrionics that her daughter would have to "grow up without her?"  Yes, Sassi, there are hundreds of thousands of children all over the world in day care  with amnesia who have NO IDEA WHO THIS PERSON IS who picks them up at the end of every day....???

• Love 5

I love how Sassi insisted on getting christened along with Zenaya and then she's all, "What's the significance of a christening?" Egads, woman. Also, what a cluster of a day. I find people who are THAT disorganized and late to be so rude. Waste your own time, but don't fucking waste everyone else's. Especially when half the reason you're late is because you insist on getting a full face of professional makeup done for a ritual that includes pouring water on your face. Dumbass. 

Amber's therapist is the best one I've seen so far across any Teen Mom show. She gave really good advice. But somehow I'm doubtful Amber will follow it. She definitely equates a man with being complete. 

It was good to see Chloe working out. I hope she felt really good about herself after and keeps it up. She needs to have something that's just for her and boosts her confidence. She is way too needy and insecure when it comes to Jordan. I just don't think he's ever going to be the super emotive guy she wants him to be. Either love him for who he is, or decide you need more and end things. But all the nagging in the world won't change him, 

Not surprised that Mia and Manley's reconciliation lasted all of 5 seconds. I don't even know why she bothered. He's the worst. If you feel like you need to be someone else when you're with a guy ("I'll still be Mia, but I won't be the Mia you don't like"), he's not the guy for you. It's quite possible Mia posted that pic to get attention, but it's so fucking petty. I didn't think the picture itself was all that inappropriate anyhow, and I'm over manly and his pious behavior. "You're a mom now, have some respect!" Like Marley is going to see that picture. Why doesn't HE have some respect and not treat the mother of his child like he owns her? 

Dylan is just such a loser. I don't see why Megan thought it wise to have another baby with him when things were so chaotic during her first pregnancy. And I can't believe the dude basically moved into her mother-and-baby flat. That shit is government funded because she has no income. He does! Either pay for a flat for all of you, or GTFO. I hope Megan really listens to her mom and writes this dude off for good. But the way she won't commit to being done with babies makes me think she'll never truly leave this loser. 

• Love 6

Sigh. I felt so bad for Mia during her little surprise for that twit Manley. I've been there, probably lots of us have, when young and foolish. She tried so hard to please, but he was unimpressed, because guys don't really care about champagne with strawberries and rose petals on the bed. Mia did for him what she wants him to do for her. Mia. Honey. He never will. Take that adorable baby and move on with your life. You are young and pretty and seem tolerably bright. He is a mumbling bore, no personality and no redeeming qualities. Cut him loose.

My girl Chloe going to work out, yes! She does need to do something for herself and regain her confidence. I like her. I still think that once she grows up a bit she'll do very well in a sales career.

Oh Sassi. Just dial it down for one day. She's always in the red zone, all the way up to 11. And who orders catering without establishing the delivery time??

Megan's new baby is adorable. All of these girls make the cutest babies. But her proud "I have two beautiful children and I'm only 18!" made me scream a little. Megan. You are a single mother with two kids under two, living in subsidized housing, no job, and a drunk, irresponsible loser boyfriend. This is not a teen dream.

I loved Amber's therapist too, and I like her. She seems to be the most mature of the girls--she understands that she has to take charge of her life. She's not there yet but she'll get there.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

don't see why Megan thought it wise to have another baby with him when things were so chaotic during her first pregnancy. And I can't believe the dude basically moved into her mother-and-baby flat. That shit is government funded because she has no income. He does! Either pay for a flat for all of you, or GTFO.

I was lol when Megan was doing her voice over on the way to the hospital and said something to the effect of "I've had 2 children and I'm only 18". Like she was super proud and having 2 kids that she can't support is quite the accomplishment. I really want to know what the rules that surround the mother and baby flat are. My understanding that in the US, you can't just move your baby daddy or anyone else into your home without their income being added to yours, which may disqualify you from the subsidy. I ca't help wonder  if that's part of the reason they haven't married, other than Dylan is a douche who drinks to excess and cheats on her. If they married, the govt would likely include his income with hers, which is zero, and she might not get the flat. Which would mean she would be home with her mom once again, only with 2 babies this time. Girl needs some birth control, stat! 

• Love 5

Young girls like Megan make me sad. Especially when she thinks having two kids at 18 is an grand accomplishment. MTV must not pay these girls very well if they're living in subsidized housing. The American one's are living in grand houses and driving multiple vehicles. 

I like Mia for some reason but she needs to cut Manley lose, he's controlling and a loser, no job and can't drive. He does seem like a good father though. 

I'm kind of impressed by Chloe and Jordan. They are young and have problems but at least they both (I think) work and are buying a house.

Sassi and Darren are all over the place. Seems like they have a lot of ups and downs. For all the prep they did for that christining ceremony and party maybe they should have thrown the wedding in there too. If they do get married I hope they have someone else plan it so it's not such a cluster. That was nuts.

I hope Amber isn't considering taking Ste back just because she's lonely. He seems like a nice guy and good father. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh Sassi. Just dial it down for one day. She's always in the red zone, all the way up to 11. And who orders catering without establishing the delivery time??

Megan's new baby is adorable. All of these girls make the cutest babies. But her proud "I have two beautiful children and I'm only 18!" made me scream a little. Megan. You are a single mother with two kids under two, living in subsidized housing, no job, and a drunk, irresponsible loser boyfriend. This is not a teen dream.

I loved Amber's therapist too, and I like her. 

1. Does anyone else want to slip a Sudafed or some Robitussin into her tea? She sounds like she's constantly congested! Petty, I know, but it's so damn annoying to listen to! Darren seems like a present/engaged/involved father and she will run him off if she continues to flip out if he doesn't read the front of a freakin' card! Anyone else catch the baptism invitations? Sassi's middle name is Zena'aya, which is what she named her daughter. I understand there are some naming traditions in certain families, but I doubt this was the case with Sassi. Of ALL the names in the world!! Egocentric much?

2. I screamed a LOT. It was so creepy. I secretly hoped they tied her tubes after her daughter was born. Is that wrong?

3. Do we think Amber's therapist will do Skype sessions with Catelynn & Tyler? She'd be so much better than that woman they talk to - and it sounds like this licensed psychotherapist gives actual tips/tools for survival that both of those fashion mogul guru wannabes desperately need.

4. Lastly, in case Dylan is reading this: WASH YOUR HANDS! I'm surprised they let him into the OR during Megan's c-section with fingernails that he could grow potatoes underneath! Did anyone else catch that? He gowned up, so why didn't he glove up? 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

MTV must not pay these girls very well if they're living in subsidized housing. The American one's are living in grand houses and driving multiple vehicles. 

Give them a few seasons and I guarantee they will. Remember, Kail was basically homeless, Leah lived in a shithole with Corey, etc. I believe they only got paid a few thousand for their 16&P ep, and probably not a whole lot more for s1.  As the show increased in popularity, so did their paychecks. Pretty soon the lot of them will be living in big homes and driving fancy cars. 

• Love 4
On 11/7/2017 at 10:30 AM, poeticlicensed said:

I really want to know what the rules that surround the mother and baby flat are.

Me, too! Considering her mother drives a Land Rover and the family home seems rather palatial, it's not like Megan is without means. I'm fairly certain she skirted the rules of mother and baby flats by declaring herself a single mother and conveniently leaving Dylan off the paperwork. I'm still convinced Megan and her family and Dylan and his are Travelers. 

As for Dylan, judging by his worsening skin condition, I'd be more concerned about his potential meth abuse than his alcohol abuse. 

But keep being proud of yourself, Megan! What a fantastic life you've carved out for yourself at 18. UGH.

On 11/8/2017 at 3:26 AM, Bridget said:

2. I screamed a LOT. It was so creepy. I secretly hoped they tied her tubes after her daughter was born. Is that wrong?

It is not.

Both Sassi and Mia are beautiful girls -- Sassi's natural hair was GORGEOUS! -- when they're not troweling on the make up. They actually looked like young girls instead of mid-30s perfume-sprayers at the mall. I also thought it was rather insightful to show Mia crying that she had to sit alone every night with no friends. That's the kind of teen mother dilemma this show should be focusing on - and not how desperate these girls are to make their toxic-boyfriend relationships work. 

I was sad when, before the preview, the announcer said, "On next week's Teen Mom finale..." They didn't say season finale so I'm really hoping this isn't the end of the series. I want to see the birth of Megan's third child next time. /eyeroll

EDIT: I said "Mia" above but I meant "Amber." I can't ever keep those two straight!

Edited by Guest
Wrong mummy
2 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

I also thought it was rather insightful to show Mia crying that she had to sit alone every night with no friends. That's the kind of teen mother dilemma this show should be focusing on - and not how desperate these girls are to make their toxic-boyfriend relationships work. 

Agreed. These girls all think that the fathers of their children will stay with them, they'll get their own place, daddy will work, mommy will be out from under her parents' thumbs, and everything will be sunshine and lollipops. They think their friends will come around all the time (hint, they won't). Some will, for awhile, but really they don't have much in common with their friends any more.  How many times have we heard one of them talk about "our little family"? How many times have they gone out with their friends to "just be a teenager"? The real story is Mia sitting on her couch, 18 years old, all her friends are out having fun, and her boyfriend is history.

• Love 4

Other than reading the occasional recap, I gave up all recipes of Teen Mom, but I'm all in for Teen Mum!  I hope this isn't the last of it.

You've all pretty much said what I wanted to say, but I have a few thoughts:

Sassi:  SO.MUCH.YELLING. Good grief. Does she ever stop (do ANY of these moms stop) to think that screaming in front of their young child might not be a good idea? I just don't get it. There isn't even a second thought about it, no awareness at all. Then again, I don't ever have to stop to think about not yelling in front of children, because I don't yell at people at all.

Jordan is kind of a mush-mouth, but he and Chloe seem to be fine. They're young and don't quite get it, but they are getting there. I think they will be fine. They both work, don't scream in front of the baby, and seem to at least sort out their issues (dumb as they may seem) without too much drama. Buying a house is a smart move, and as long as Chloe is realistic (cue the new car scene), they might be OK. 

Mia needs to dump Manley. He is a jerk, a low-key drama king, and seems like the type of guy to spark a fight so he has an excuse to dip out and go do his thing. Mia seems so upbeat and happy, so positive, and at least she tries. I'm sure we don't see all that goes on, but I see so many red flags there that it makes me fear for her a bit. Not good.

Amber --(Good for her for dumping Alex.) I think she wants Ste again only because she's single. He seems to be a decent guy. Yeah, physically he's not conventionally "hot", but I often find physical quirks sexy, especially when we're talking about a good guy. (I am not saying I find Ste sexy, he just doesn't bother me too much either way.)

Megan: It's all been said. I'm sad for her. That's really all I can add.

You know ...It's kind of sad to look at these young couples and see so much drama, so many tears, raised voices, unhappiness, and to NOT see the spark and passion of young love.  This should be the time of their lives! Love is wonderful at all ages, of course, especially when it's "twu wuv", but one of the best/most memorable parts of youth is falling "in love",  experiencing the passion and fire that comes with a relationship, wanting to be close to the other person, cuddling, hugging, laughing, being together, figuring it all out while exploring life and the world, etc.  These couples are so joyless. 

Edited by Scorpiosunshine
changed "be said" to "been said"
  • Love 6
On 11/9/2017 at 5:52 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

Agreed. These girls all think that the fathers of their children will stay with them, they'll get their own place, daddy will work, mommy will be out from under her parents' thumbs, and everything will be sunshine and lollipops. They think their friends will come around all the time (hint, they won't). Some will, for awhile, but really they don't have much in common with their friends any more.  How many times have we heard one of them talk about "our little family"? How many times have they gone out with their friends to "just be a teenager"? The real story is Mia sitting on her couch, 18 years old, all her friends are out having fun, and her boyfriend is history.

YES!! 

Also, the fact that Manley (God help me, I still cannot get over that name. Manley. What was Maggie thinking?) has two kids that are only months apart. What's to stop him from procreating with another girl and adding to his brood? It would've been interesting if Erin (baby mama #1) had been cast on this series to really show teens how pregnancy impacts everyone.

I just realized that we haven't seen any of these girls with friends. No one has even come over to visit/spend time with them, with the exception of the Teen Mums celebrating their 18th birthdays with a mob of "friends." While I prefer not having to watch "friends of the parent" ask producer driven questions, it makes me wonder where their friends really are.

Naomi couldn't quit Raphael during season 1, but at least she finally came to her senses. It also looked like she had a group of friends at the make up expo with her. She was definitely the exception to the rule with these mums.

• Love 4

Manley is probably already scouting his next baby mama. Erin and Mia will end up friends because who better to understand where they are coming from? 

30 minutes ago, Bridget said:

I just realized that we haven't seen any of these girls with friends. No one has even come over to visit/spend time with them, with the exception of the Teen Mums celebrating their 18th birthdays with a mob of "friends."

Their friends are at work, or at school, or going away for the weekend with their other friends, the ones who aren't saddled with toddlers. The only people these girls have are their parents. No matter how much you love your parents, no one wants them to be their only source of social life. 

• Love 3
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Manley is probably already scouting his next baby mama. Erin and Mia will end up friends because who better to understand where they are coming from? 

Their friends are at work, or at school, or going away for the weekend with their other friends, the ones who aren't saddled with toddlers. The only people these girls have are their parents. No matter how much you love your parents, no one wants them to be their only source of social life. 

True that!

• Love 1

Big finale....not much has changed. 

Chloe is still a little princess. Got mommy go to halvsies on a new Mercedes. I'd never get such a nice car for a kid's first car. Not because they don't deserve it or anything, but new drivers are more likely to have wrecks. I'd give her an old beater until she's more sure of herself on the road. 

I KNEW Amber would get back with Ste. He actually seems like a decent dude, who is probably immature and has some emotional issues. But I always sensed like her single and dating thing was just testing him.. I see her as kind of vindictive, especially after learning she left his name off the birth certificate out of anger. I hope they can always get along, in whatever capacity, for their son's sake. 

Despite Manley sucking as a human being, his sister and mom are really nice and supportive of Mia. I'm glad she has that. Interesting that Erin seems to be sniffing around a lot more now. Given how close the births are, I always kind of imagined that Manley rushed into a relationship with Mia to piss Erin off. I won't be surprised if they end up back together. I've seen that happen too many times. I still can't figure out how that ugly troll has two pretty girls fighting over him, though. 

Dylan is a loser and Megan is a loser for having TWO kids with that loser. Her sister, Billie, sucks at makeup, but rules with advice. Dylan wants to have his cake and eat it too. He likes the idea of a wife and kids waiting at home for him, but he still wants to do his thing. I'd have a lot more respect for Megan if she left him FOR GOOD. He plays games with her. One minute he says he doesn't think they love each other any more, then when she concludes that they should then breakup, he's all "Babe, it's not too late". Da fuq????

Sassi. She makes everything drama. It doesn't take much common sense to realize a vacation with a baby is never a true vacation. You can still have fun, though. I think she and Darren both have flawed views of marriage, from opposite ends. Sassi thinks, "Well, ALL relationships take work. So it's perfectly normal that we fight over everything from what to have for dinner to which shade of blue this shirt is". And Darren thinks things need to be "perfect" before they consider marriage, which....that is impossible. They need to be able to meet somewhere in the middle. I think they may be the only couple I've seen genuine love from BOTH sides with, but he has a temper and she loves to ramp everything up to 5,000. They could benefit from some therapy. 

• Love 6

Amber and Ste. Call me nuts, but I'm rooting for those crazy kids. I think Amber's grown up a lot since the days when she left Ste off the birth certificate out of spite. He's not much to look at but I like him. He's rough around the edges but I think he has a good heart. He's not afraid to show his feelings or talk about them, he's clearly a devoted father and had loved Amber unstintingly through it all. They could make a go of it, especially if they stick with therapy. I feel like he'll be a better looking guy at 40 than he is now. He'll grow into his craggy features. Maybe get those front teeth capped.

Dylan was just so surprised that Megan called his bluff! HAHAHAHAHAHA Dylan. She's not going to come running back this time. I'm glad Megan told him off, she just needs to stick to her guns. Dylan is a loser, he seems to have a drinking problem, and he never wanted this teen dream that Megan wanted. But now Megan is stuck with two kids, no husband (or boyfriend), and she is all of 18 years old. Careful what you wish for, Megan. And dear god I laughed for an hour when I saw Megan and Billie, sitting at the table having a nice cuppa. Just sitting around the house in their bathrobes, and full drag queen makeup, as one does. I'm chortling away now just thinking of it.

Manley is a douche but his mother is so nice and warm and supportive. I just love her. I'm glad that Mia has a good relationship with her.

Oh Sassi. Honey. I can only imagine what that child's blood pressure is. I did think their pinky promise was sweet. Maybe they'll survive. With therapy. Lots and lots of therapy.

Chloe will always land on her feet. She gets what she wants. I don't have an issue with her car choice either. She wants a good car that'll last, just like she wanted a good house that didn't need work. Those things will last--she's looking at the future, when the Teen Mum money is gone.

AND--the winner of the episode? Chloe's driving instructor! I just loved him. He was so even tempered and good humored. I suppose you'd have to be to teach teenagers to drive. What a nice, kind man.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Her sister, Billie, sucks at makeup, but rules with advice.

Straight up, I would watch the shit out of MTV Presents: Megan's Sister Billie. Billie, probably like 21 but who looks like a middle-aged barfly on the prowl, dishing advice to dim-witted teen girls? The joy! Billie was truly the hidden gem of this show. 

7 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Amber and Ste. Call me nuts, but I'm rooting for those crazy kids.

Me, too! He did start off as kind of a knuckle-dragger, but he grew on me. He really was the sanest of the lot of these people. 

8 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

She wants a good car that'll last, just like she wanted a good house that didn't need work. Those things will last--she's looking at the future, when the Teen Mum money is gone.

Yeah, but when that Teen Mum money is gone, good luck trying to repair that Mercedes. Those parts are expensive. As are parts for BMWs as Dylan will surely figure out when he wrecks the one he has. Related: how does he drive around in a BMW and yet manage to live in squalor? Fred Sanford had a nice house than Dylan does and Fred Sanford lived in a junkyard. 

I hope they bring this show back -- I really enjoyed it. And only in the last seconds of the show did I realize who Manley reminded me of. Please enjoy this artist's rendition: 

aoidfa8e8rt.jpg

7 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Straight up, I would watch the shit out of MTV Presents: Megan's Sister Billie. Billie, probably like 21 but who looks like a middle-aged barfly on the prowl, dishing advice to dim-witted teen girls? The joy! Billie was truly the hidden gem of this show

aoidfa8e8rt.jpg

1, Do we think she'd be willing to host the reunion show with both the American and UK cast members? 

2. I can never unsee this uncanny likeliness to Manley. I don't know if I should send you a holiday card or my therapist's bill! :)

Call me crazy as well, I'm also rooting for Amber and Ste! He's not much to look at but he seems very devoted to his son and Amber.

Marley (Chloe and Jordan's son) is so cute! Those curls and big blue eyes!

I hope Mia is done with Manley. He's a loser and she could do better. 

I laughed at Darren trying to put together that pink tent or whatever it was.

8 hours ago, Bridget said:

1, Do we think she'd be willing to host the reunion show with both the American and UK cast members? 

Yes, please! Make it happen. I guarantee you Billie would never suggest that a woman needs to be "contained". 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

Billie would be miles better Drew! I wonder why Teen Mum doesn't do reunions?

My best guess about no reunion yet stems from a few things.

The series just finished season 2, the # of episodes per season wasn't even close enough to my preference of how much I wanted to see, and from what I can tell, the crew is pretty bare bones as evidenced when watching  the mums self-record their own "confessionals" during the episodes. I'd love to see a reunion with these girls...as long as Nessa is nowhere near the set!

She. Is. So. Boring.

Edited by Bridget
Grammar is important
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Looking through Megan's Instagram, it appears she and her filthy, knuckle-dragging boyfriend got married! (She's using a hyphenated last name.) Dear god. She also got a gigantic tattoo under her boobs. 

Here's Chloe's Twitter. Looks like she's lost some weight and taken "sudden aging" make up tips from Billie. 

What are the odds that tattoo is a stencil?

I see Megan must have befriended Cate & Tyler. She's got a clothing line with her daughter's name on it. To be fair, there are photos of toddler tracksuits with her daughter's name on the photos, so I'm presuming Megan thinks she's a fashion guru as well?. Good Lord. 

2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

And Sassi calmly read the directions and assembled it competently. I laughed heartily.

Those plastering skills sure do come in handy during the most random scenarios!

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Looking through Megan's Instagram, it appears she and her filthy, knuckle-dragging boyfriend got married! (She's using a hyphenated last name.) Dear god. She also got a gigantic tattoo under her boobs. 

Here's Chloe's Twitter. Looks like she's lost some weight and taken "sudden aging" make up tips from Billie. 

Because I am beyond bored, I just clicked on Mia's Twitter (found it on Chloe's page) and I think it's safe to say she is OVER Manley. She and Jenelle must have the same stylist because she's missing most of her shirts in some photos.

4 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Glad Mia seems over Manley. I'm not surprised by Megan. Should we take bets on how long before she's pregnant with baby 3?

I'm down to be a part of that bet! I am thinking baby 3 will be here within 2 years. Wishful thinking with my guess as Megan might be smart enough to stop having kids so she can remain relevant/interesting enough (and employable) to film future seasons of the show before she gets a ton of crap from the viewers. 

For the record, I do not find her interesting. I find it interesting that she's so  baby obsessed and doesn't have any (known to me) skills to support herself or her kids, other than the crap with glitter on it that she "sold" during season one.

5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Looking through Megan's IG, she appears to be just as much of a partier as Dylan is. I'm now thinking all the drama was just for the show. 

I want to know how she would explain her God awful choice in hair color and her obviously adamant refusal to keep up with the commitment of coloring her hair.

Maybe it lights up in the dark at the raves?

Edited by Bridget
Grammar is important

I'm annoyed with myself for being happy that Season 3 is coming. It premieres on MTVUK on March 14 but I don't know if that coincides with a US airing. 

The video was playing weird for me on the UK site but not weirdly enough that I couldn't count the word "literally" uttered about 20 times in three minutes.