Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E17: Doctor's Lady

So weird--for some reason I found myself thinking about this ep this morning. I remember thinking of it as one of those classic eps here people in the 19th century are worried about things nobody would have blinked at in the 19th century. Isn't there a whole scandal about the fact that Doc Baker is too old for this woman?  Totally acceptable, I would think.

• Love 1

Anne Archer?!? Good Lord, I knew she looked familiar.

Lol @ "go to sleep you goon!"

She kept the ring? Tacky tacky tacky!

Can't wait for next week, loved eps when the whole town was in peril.

So she was in her prime career years in the late 80s (Fatal Attraction). When was LHOTP on? I just saw her on The Grinder. She's still pretty hot.

This episode aired in 1975.

So weird--for some reason I found myself thinking about this ep this morning. I remember thinking of it as one of those classic eps here people in the 19th century are worried about things nobody would have blinked at in the 19th century. Isn't there a whole scandal about the fact that Doc Baker is too old for this woman?  Totally acceptable, I would think.

I just looked up their ages. Anne Archer would have been almost 30 when this epi aired. Kevin Hagen was around 50. Yeah, that definitely wouldn't have been a big deal back then. Doesn't even really sound like all that big of a deal now.

• Love 2

I think the worry about their age was really a cover for their difference in lifestyle.  Doc was a small-town doctor in the middle of nowhere.   Kate was a young lady from the big city.   In 1870 that was a huge gap.  

Even though Anne Archer was nearly 30, I don't think the character of Kate was supposed to be.  I would think she's supposed to be in her early twenties.

Regardless, I never liked her.  Besides the snootiness (which I guess comes with the territory when you're related to Harriet Oleson), I really despised her 1870s on the prairie version of The Rules.  

It sucks that Doc Baker never really had a love interest other than Kate but if this was it, he's better off being single and having his bromance  with Mr. Hanson.  Besides, if he had continued the relationship with Kate, he would have been related, even tangentially, to Mrs. Oleson and that's something no one, other than Percival (spoiler), is willing to deal with.