Type keyword(s) to search

S06: Adore Delano

• Start Topic

From Mark's pre-season snap judgements: Oh god, y'all. What to make of this one? I remember Adore when she performed on American Idol as Danny Noriega, so I know that she can sing. That kind of talent is a plus. However, she is trying so damn hard to be quirky and cutting that I'm exhausted already. Willam pulls this off effortlessly, whereas Adore never once makes it look easy. However, she's probably desperate enough to make good TV.

Ugh. Rebecca Glasscock part deux. I have this terrible feeling she'll be around for a while because she's "come so far," in that she starts as train-wreck and somehow pulls it somewhat together towards the end. 

I will stand all by my lonesome and say I adore Adore.  When she questioned Gia doing Selena for the Snatch Game and said something like, "I like pizza and Yolanda shot me"  I laughed so hard I missed a bunch that came after.  When she's on, she's on.  When she's off, she's a bit of a wreck.  I can only imagine what type of queen she'll be like in 5 years.  I also give her props for standing up to Laganga and smacking that nonsense down.  She wasn't over dramatic and didn't play the victim.  She just laid down truth, mamas.  Please oh please let her latch onto Bianca a little more to get that much needed guidance.  

Also, If she's going to be a messy queen, she needs to make every hair out of place look intentional.  She needs to look Alaska's way I think.  She's not there, but I think she can be sooner than later.

• Love 2

In my mind Bianca and Adore become best friends and Adore learns all sorts of helpful tips about hair, costuming, and shutting down foolishness.

My only real complaint about Adore is the mouth-breathing. Dear god, shut your mouth when you're not talking! It's driving me crazy.

• Love 1
(edited)

Andre is one of the main talking heads this season and her narration is actually quite hilarious, so I predict she will stay awhile in the competition. Probably as far as Alaska got in season 5, since I think they have very similar story arcs.

Edited by Mattipoo
  • Love 1