Type keyword(s) to search

O Canada: Gilead Shooting Locations

• Start Topic

(edited)

I noticed there was discussion about various shooting locations for the show in the episode threads so I thought you guys might like a separate thread to discuss the locations you recognize (also helpful for anyone who might want to visit!).

I found this map/list of shooting locations. I'm not sure how thorough/accurate it is, but I thought it would be a good start. 

Feel free to add other locations or discuss the ones you've seen!

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I noticed there was discussion about various shooting locations for the show in the episode threads so I thought you guys might like a separate thread to discuss the locations you recognize (also helpful for anyone who might want to visit!).

I found this map/list of shooting locations. I'm not sure how thorough/accurate it is, but I thought it would be a good start. 

Feel free to add other locations or discuss the ones you've seen!

From that list, which indeed looks accurate, it looks like the filming locations were spread across Toronto, Cambridge, Oshawa, and Hamilton.

I could swear the facade of the building where Emily had her sentencing in 1x03 looked familiar, but I haven't been able to place it. I thought it might be from the University of Toronto. You can see in the windows of the building the reflection of what looks like a steeple or a tower or something. 

The food truck where June and Moira meet Luke is the Food Dudes food truck. (Not really a location, since that food truck is used for private events and catering.)

I laughed that Emily's joyride apparently took place in Ontario Square at Harbourfront Centre. Ha!

I'd know Bay Station ("Arlington Station" in the show) anywhere.

16 minutes ago, Capricasix said:

I chuckled when I heard the three-tone chime for the doors closing. Is that chime unique to the TTC, I wonder?

Hee, me too. "Arlington Station" my ass.

• Love 1

I recently bought a book called Atlas Obscura, a collection of interesting travel tidbits from the website of the same name. It has an entry on Lower Bay Station. Imma see if I can post a picture of it! BED5FD8B-B870-409F-BC24-8708913D54E9_zps

• Love 4

There was an article (with radio clip) today on my local CBC about the filming locations in Cambridge, ON. 

Looks like the building where Emily was on trial that Eyes High was wondering about was Cambridge city hall. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ElsieEm said:

There was an article (with radio clip) today on my local CBC about the filming locations in Cambridge, ON. 

Looks like the building where Emily was on trial that Eyes High was wondering about was Cambridge city hall. 

Thank you! That was really bothering me!

• Love 1

They have been in my city of Hamilton ON shooting some scenes - several evenings in mid-November they were in a large park across from my house.  Very exciting - I don't want to give anything away but I saw large numbers of handmaids in red and heard the director giving them directions on how to do the scene.  From the looks of it they shot all night long over a couple of evenings.   We could watch from far back so I didn't get close enough to see if Elizabeth Moss was there or not. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, MrsMoltisanti said:

They have been in my city of Hamilton ON shooting some scenes - several evenings in mid-November they were in a large park across from my house.  Very exciting - I don't want to give anything away but I saw large numbers of handmaids in red and heard the director giving them directions on how to do the scene.  From the looks of it they shot all night long over a couple of evenings.   We could watch from far back so I didn't get close enough to see if Elizabeth Moss was there or not. 

You could always put the details in the SPOILERS thread if you'd like.  ;)

• Love 3

Did anyone recognize the buildings used for the university where Emily worked in the 2x02 flashbacks?

ETA: Saw a sign for the MiST Theatre in the background of the scene with Dan (John Carroll Lynch), so it must be the UTM campus (University of Toronto Mississauga).

Edited by Eyes High
8 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Did anyone recognize the buildings used for the university where Emily worked in the 2x02 flashbacks?

ETA: Saw a sign for the MiST Theatre in the background of the scene with Dan (John Carroll Lynch), so it must be the UTM campus (University of Toronto Mississauga).

I thought it looked a lot like Koerner Hall at the St George campus:

0019_N223_300dpi-275x350.jpg