Type keyword(s) to search

S39.E19: Andrew Garfield/Coldplay

• Start Topic

(edited)

Cold Open: That was funny... because these were all truths.  Taboo, perhaps, but true.  Keenan's bit acting uncomfortable taking 10 million and giving the guy another lifetime award: "Come on.  Look. Guys.  Ten million" - was hilarious.  Lots of funny crammed into this skit.

Monologue: Bo. Ring.  Andrew Garfield isn't exactly a funny guy, the equally boring interruptions didn't help. 

Stanx: I sure didn't see that ending coming, LOL.  Looking 8 inches taller if siting and farting had me in stitches.

Family Feud: Lots of short impersonations, and I wasn't sure if Garfield knows the difference between Justin Timberlake and Justin Bieber.  He was terrible.  Yangri Birs! Kate was hilarious.

Oliver Twist: Not at all funny.  Cicely is annoying.  Please Lorne, don't let her be the next decade's Kirsten Wiig.

The Beygency: Taran has great serious face.  The horror movie editing was genius.  As was the Kiefer Sutherland cameo, and being forced to dance Beyoncé-style..

WU: I love Kate's character but she didn't have enough "bring me death" jokes to make it work as well as previous appearances.  She looked a little too light-hearted.  The dead-serious version is funnier.  Leslie Jones (who?) was delightful, please bring her back anytime.  Best of the show: Jebediah Atkinson, crankier than ever.  Nice come back when he said "Tommy" instead of "Tony" - he didn't break, what professionalism. Berating the audience for their reaction when he wished Cats had feline AIDS... and on account of this reaction, warning them about the brilliant Lincoln joke: "it didn't do well in the orchestra, but it killed on the balcony" followed by more audience berating: "so what, the Union is still intact!"  I looove Jebediah.

Spider-Man: This was dumb but I'll forgive them because of Chris Martin volunteering to be a stunt double, and pushing Emma Stone off the bridge to take her spot and dipping the host.  Now that was romantic.

Wedding Proposal: I'm glad they kept it short but it was very funny.  The kids at the table... oh boy.

Bird Bible: I'd seen that before.

Edited by Toaster Strudel

As someone who cannot stand the musical "Annie"..the Jebidiah line, "You can sing all you want, your parents aren't coming back" had me roaring......and also as someone who only likes..not loves..Beyonce, I fear now for the Beygency....and I am stilll trying to figure out what conspiracy movie they are spoofing..Adjustment Bureau?

Beyonce has some intense stans (the Beyhive) plus there are all those conspiracy theories about her selling her soul to become such a megastar, so the Beygency made me think of those things first, but The Adjustment Bureau was on TV last night and the looks of the agents was very similar. Loved that Kiefer having the Rihanna tattoo!

Aidy's Adele was awful.  She can. not. do an English accent.  She sucked doing Rebel Wilson too.  Just because they're built the same doesn't mean she can pull an impression off.

Andrew Garfield seems like a poo man's Daniel Radcliffe to me.  Kinda bland.  I didn't find him particularly attractive with the shaved head look.  I liked Emma Stone when she hosted, but the overbearing girlfriend vibe was not endearing.

The best part of the night was Jack and Chloe showing up.  Awesome!