Type keyword(s) to search

Caitlyn Jenner's Memoir, The Secrets Of My Life, Contains Only One Secret

• Start Topic

They're barely mentioned

This.  And I didn't even realize until I got to the end of the book and did a search, that even Rob Jr is only mentioned once in the actual body of the book not including his appearances in the family photos.

I even thought that 90% of what was written about Kris was very flattering.  We got a glimpse into how this trophy wife and mother of 4 children to a lawyer-turned-entertainment-exec was able to switch gears and take over rebuilding Bruce's career and eventually her own childrens'.  Kris even took initiative in the early years to mend the relationships between Bruce and the 4 older kids.  The only thing that could be perceived as negative toward Kris was Caitlyn's admission that she supposedly told Kris she was transgendered before they had sex for the first time.  However Caitlyn then contradicts herself later when she says that Kris had enough clues (the boobs, the lack of chest/facial hair) that she should have basically figured it out.  If Caitlyn had been completely honest, there would have been nothing to figure out on Kris' own. 

I haven't read the book yet, from this outline though, I wonder just how it was so easy for her to fade out of her 4 older kids lives and yet immerse herself in raising 4 step kids  (who seemingly had perfectly good father) and two additional bio kids. 

And if Kris tried to blend the families, what happened to cause the schism?Caitlyn has said previously that she told her first two wives of her gender issues

Could she have been concerned that they or their kids (if they knew anything) could upset her new life? 

I'd read also that there was an issue between Kris and Linda Thompsen. Does that get addressed?

It does seem as though she feels a single blanket apology for her abandonment should suffice and all should be forgiven. Deep... is not a word I'd use to describe her.  

2 minutes ago, iwasish said:

I haven't read the book yet, from this outline though, I wonder just how it was so easy for her to fade out of her 4 older kids lives and yet immerse herself in raising 4 step kids  (who seemingly had perfectly good father) and two additional bio kids.  

Kid #1 (Burt) was born just a couple of years after the decathalon win and Caitlyn was completely wrapped up in her new celebrity.  Casey was conceived during a trial reconciliation with Chrystine (wife #1) and Caitlyn had actually requested Chrystine abort the baby.  Ugh.  Brandon (with girlfriend Linda) was an oops, and Caitlyn married Linda, and I believe Brody was planned.  I think Casey and Brandon were born within a year of each other.  So basically kids #1-3 came at a time when Caitlyn was all about Caitlyn, bouncing from girlfriend back to estranged wife, back to girlfriend and eventual wife.  Not necessarily stated in the book but my impression was that Caitlyn had that old school mentality that wives raise the kids while dad's go do their thing.  If the kids were in her line of sight she was fun dad but if they were living under a different roof - out of sight out of mind. 

Caitlyn doesn't really discuss how they went from newly blended family back to Caitlyn ghosting her 4 older children.  It's implied that Chrystine and Linda threw a wrench into things (not Kris). 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Kid #1 (Burt) was born just a couple of years after the decathalon win and Caitlyn was completely wrapped up in her new celebrity.  Casey was conceived during a trial reconciliation with Chrystine (wife #1) and Caitlyn had actually requested Chrystine abort the baby.  Ugh.  Brandon (with girlfriend Linda) was an oops, and Caitlyn married Linda, and I believe Brody was planned.  I think Casey and Brandon were born within a year of each other.  So basically kids #1-3 came at a time when Caitlyn was all about Caitlyn, bouncing from girlfriend back to estranged wife, back to girlfriend and eventual wife.  Not necessarily stated in the book but my impression was that Caitlyn had that old school mentality that wives raise the kids while dad's go do their thing.  If the kids were in her line of sight she was fun dad but if they were living under a different roof - out of sight out of mind. 

Caitlyn doesn't really discuss how they went from newly blended family back to Caitlyn ghosting her 4 older children.  It's implied that Chrystine and Linda threw a wrench into things (not Kris). 

I just did some digging and read somewhere that Kris got pissed that Lynda,  who  hadn't previously asked for child support, changed her mind and Kris was peeved that it took away from her kids. I'd love to know what kind  of child support Kris got from Robert. Caitlyn has said repeatedly that she went to Robert while the divorce was pending and told him that if she was willing to pick up financial responsibility in order to fast track the divorce so she and Kris could marry. It wasn't ever clear if it was just the marital property split at issue or was it also child support.

9 hours ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

They're barely mentioned

Yet Kim's on Ellen and they're selling the book on KUWTK. They wanted to sell it on the family drama, when you read it they're not mentioned?

20 hours ago, iwasish said:

I just did some digging and read somewhere that Kris got pissed that Lynda,  who  hadn't previously asked for child support, changed her mind and Kris was peeved that it took away from her kids. I'd love to know what kind  of child support Kris got from Robert. Caitlyn has said repeatedly that she went to Robert while the divorce was pending and told him that if she was willing to pick up financial responsibility in order to fast track the divorce so she and Kris could marry. It wasn't ever clear if it was just the marital property split at issue or was it also child support.

There used to be snippets of Robert and Kris' divorce declarations online.  At one point Robert claimed he was unemployed (he was negotiating a new job at a law firm) in order to get out of having to pay alimony.  Clever. 

Lynda probably only started asking for child support when she saw Bruce's career taking back off again with those infomercials. 

(edited)

At one point Robert claimed he was unemployed (he was negotiating a new job at a law firm) in order to get out of having to pay alimony.  Clever.

Interesting how Kris seems to have forgotten about that.

Lynda probably only started asking for child support when she saw Bruce's career taking back off again with those infomercials.

Or when her kids starting waiting for calls from Daddy that didn't come.

Edited by iwasish
On 5/2/2017 at 10:58 AM, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

And I didn't even realize until I got to the end of the book and did a search, that even Rob Jr is only mentioned once in the actual body of the book not including his appearances in the family photos.

I just finished and found the Rob exclusion interesting because of what was going on in Rob's life at the time he was obviously left out on purpose in the storytelling. Like even when discussing telling the order of how she went each kid one by one about the transition, Caitlyn mentions Brandon was first then from the K-side, Kim was first, then Kourtney-Khloe-Kendall -Kylie. No mention of Rob in the order. 

There also wasn't any real family secrets leaked that we didn't see on tv. Bruce not having his own bank account was a story plot, all the car pooling, there was more on OJ really than the K children. I think Kim is mentioned more than Kendall&Kylie.

No mention of sex tapes, Kim running off to be married, Rob's problems, Lamar at all. Caitlyn kept the family secrets on lockdown in this book which made me think even more Kris had an ok in it. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

My copy is ready to pick up at the library.  I just need to find my black hoodie and a pair of large sunglasses so the librarians don't recognize me.

So you're going incognito..as a Kardashian.

• Love 8

Skimmed through the book in a couple of days.  There were some interesting passages, but I couldn't help reading some of it with Caitlyn's trademark accusatory, "don't go there" voice in my head.  And as mentioned, she omits Rob more than once when discussing her kids.

• Love 3
On 5/8/2017 at 8:02 PM, laurakaye said:

My copy is ready to pick up at the library.  I just need to find my black hoodie and a pair of large sunglasses so the librarians don't recognize me.

LOL.  Down here in Broward County (Florida) where I live, many of the libraries have self-service checkout.  Scan your library card, scan the barcode on the book and out the door.  No embarassing meetups with library staff  :)  Despite that, I am not going to check out Caitlyn's book, because frankly, Im not interested.

• Love 2
(edited)

Forgive me if I'm being dense, but is the alluded-to "sekrit" that Robert Kardashian knew OJ was guilty? Here's a newsflash, genius, anyone, & I mean anyone, who saw the OJ verdict being read, knows full-well that Robert Kardashian knew that OJ was guilty, & that Kardashian knew that he had just helped him get away with murder. I was in college when the verdict was read, & to this day, I still, very clearly, remember Kardashian's face when the verdict was read, & his face was a mixture of shock at the verdict and guilt that he'd just helped a murderer go free. Some people remember the glove, I remember RK's face. 

Is the revelation for the next book going to be that Kim has butt implants? Or that Kim & Kanye have only spent about 3 nights together, total, throughout their "relationship"? 

Edited by nkotb
  • Love 8