Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: I Surrender

Drogo

In the season finale, the FBI threatens to remove Christina from command and Bryan and John lead a rogue mission that risks everything to stop Mejia's associates before they cross the border.

Deleted without watching.  We don't negotiate with terrorists... when it's somebody else's loved one -- a real loved one, not some chick Bryan's b een banging for five minutes.  Nope, not there for that.

Well that was a mess. Even with the promo promising the famous line I can't tell you how it was used in the episode. Maybe it was yet again another fake out promise?

Cliffhangers for your main character  don't work for prequels 

The writers really lost their enthusiasm and just cobbled this ep together IMO, so I'm guessing renewal is not on the table. Yeah, Bryan killed the bad guy with one shot while he survived a shooting gallery of Mexican rifles. Even if he were wearing body armor, that's pretty spectacular. And LOL at the actress playing Asha, who was in almost all scenes yet didn't utter one single word. The bad guy gags her ... why? She never spoke once, except to blubber on the phone. I did get a kick out of the dance party at the bad guy's house. WTH was that about? I have to say, I kept watching those extras dancing in the background though, they were pretty entertaining. I was sticking with this show, but this "cliffhanger" ... big ouch.

On 5/4/2017 at 11:58 AM, saber5055 said:

nd LOL at the actress playing Asha, who was in almost all scenes yet didn't utter one single word. The bad guy gags her ... why? She never spoke once, except to blubber on the phone.

Well, she really was just an after-thought with no real personality, until she became the love of Bryan's life -- to the point that he was willing sacrifice his carreer and how many other lives to save her.  I did myself a favor by skipping this.

Not a stellar finale, but Mejia is dead so it at least closes that chapter.

Bryan being in a Mexican prison with the US disavowing him while his team wants to break him out sets up a decent season 2 opener.

From what I've read on Deadline.com, Taken actually has a decent shot for a season 2 due to its international deals and appeal. The show has its flaws but I like Clive and Beals and the team vibe they have created. If I can't have Blacklist Redemption back, I'm take this.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Bryan being in a Mexican prison with the US disavowing him while his team wants to break him out sets up a decent season 2 opener.

Agreed. It would certainly give us more of an opportunity to get to know the team better.

I really hope that it is renewed. I will watch this over Quantico any day.

I had the entire season on the dvr with plans to watch it if it was renewed, delete it if not. So I just finished watching all ten episodes. It was okay but definitely a lot of room for improvement.  I liked the whole team and their dynamics. I was fast-forwarding through all the Anesha parts from episode three on so the finale felt a bit disjointed because of that. I just don't care one bit about her and I'm hoping the new showrunner decides to cut her dead weight from the show moving into the second season.  Otherwise, my finger will continue to hover over the FF button.