Type keyword(s) to search

Criminal Minds Analysis: Profile The Show

• Start Topic

Yeah, the delay sometimes doesn't make sense to me-- except for having to edit things to fit with the markets. I'm not sure exactly what gets edited though. I know some places have different rules about language and violence.

Some places can show graphic sex on regular TV but they don't like violence and so they have to tone it down. Some places don't even like to allow kissing to be shown on TV but allow graphic violence. And then we have the launguage-- where some places its ok to swear and others its not.

• Love 3

I think we have found a legitimate thing to vent about.. WTF is with having the releases for other countries take so long? I mean, I know that different places have different restrictions and such, but I don't get why CBS has a country code thing in their videos on their site so people from Canada and such can't even watch. I just don't get it. What is wrong with just having it open for anyone who is willing to take the time to view the episodes or previews on the CBS website?

I think it has to do with the rights to the show, and copyright laws - similar to how Netflix can show different things in different countries. For example, on the Canadian netflix, we don't have Criminal Minds, because they weren't able to get the rights for it (or weren't willing to pay enough to secure the rights).

Of course, then it just pushes people into illegal avenues for watching these shows, which means that rather than the actual legal websites getting money, it goes to illegal sites.

• Love 3

If you use google chrome you can get this extension and browse American netflix. Does anyone know when season 10 is coming to Netflix? 

Thanks for that link, qwerty.

My vent for now is how the writers have changed the morals/standards of the team members. For example, original Hotch would never have allowed Morgan to manhandle a suspect in custody during interrogation. Yet in "JJ", he and Rossi were calmly watching as Morgan literally twisted a suspect's arm. Also, while Morgan would be rough on people when they were apprehended, he would not use physical violence to try to elicit a confession. Not only is that behavior completely illegal, it can get the agent fired and any confession would be thrown out by a decent lawyer.

Then we have Garcia going from having to usually obtain info legally and go through certain protocols-- telling Hotch "don't ask" when she had to do something she wasn't supposed to do and mentioning that it was illegal. Now Garcia regularly breaks the law by hacking in to medical records and such and nobody on the team even questions it.

We have Morgan going from saying that its sometimes best to let a suspect go and catch them later (if there isn't enough proof to convict) to defying a direct order from Strauss to go after someone "before he can hide his true self"... WTF? That didn't even make sense.

The law started being less important-- team members saying they don't need warrants when they really would... Now, I know some of it is to cut to the chase and try to make things more entertaining by not having the tedium of having to get warrants and such, but I actually liked the aspect where they followed the law and sometimes were cockblocked by red tape. Seeing how they found legal ways to overcome those obstacles was interesting to me. I think the writers just have less respect for the law, and that annoys me.

• Love 7

My vent for now is how the writers have changed the morals/standards of the team members. For example, original Hotch would never have allowed Morgan to manhandle a suspect in custody during interrogation. Yet in "JJ", he and Rossi were calmly watching as Morgan literally twisted a suspect's arm. Also, while Morgan would be rough on people when they were apprehended, he would not use physical violence to try to elicit a confession. Not only is that behavior completely illegal, it can get the agent fired and any confession would be thrown out by a decent lawyer.

Then we have Garcia going from having to usually obtain info legally and go through certain protocols-- telling Hotch "don't ask" when she had to do something she wasn't supposed to do and mentioning that it was illegal. Now Garcia regularly breaks the law by hacking in to medical records and such and nobody on the team even questions it.

We have Morgan going from saying that its sometimes best to let a suspect go and catch them later (if there isn't enough proof to convict) to defying a direct order from Strauss to go after someone "before he can hide his true self"... WTF? That didn't even make sense.

The law started being less important-- team members saying they don't need warrants when they really would... Now, I know some of it is to cut to the chase and try to make things more entertaining by not having the tedium of having to get warrants and such, but I actually liked the aspect where they followed the law and sometimes were cockblocked by red tape. Seeing how they found legal ways to overcome those obstacles was interesting to me. I think the writers just have less respect for the law, and that annoys me.

I may be wading into dicey territory, but some of this cowboy mentality definitely dates to post 9/11, the Patriot Act, etc. I mean, I know the whole series is post 9/11, but there have been a lot of dispatches from the Writers Front since Erica Messer took over where she is talking about "our heroes" and quite a few times in the last 2-3 seasons where suspects have been told "we don't need a warrant," as you say. Too much "going rogue" crap to satisfy some portion of the perceived audience?

I'm with you, Z, I'd much rather see them struggle to find a legal way to the goal, which would inform the audience how the legal system really works, and sometimes doesn't. After all, the goal in most of the cases they take is to find out who is doing something heinous and bring them to justice, which means that there has to be a legal case built that will hold up in court in order to stop these criminals. Instead, every week, Our Heroes go in, guns blazing, and often kill someone to stop the criminal activity. Got a serial killer? Find out who (s)he is by any means necessary and go *bang bang*. Problem solved.

Edited by normasm
  • Love 7

I do think the writers go a little (a lot) over the top with the gunning down of the unsubs.  The original compendium of profile types (the real one), if it has any validity at all, had to be built on interviews done after the killers were apprehended.  So at least a hefty percentage of them were caught, and not killed.  Still, I imagine that, with the kinds of criminals the team pursues, there is probably some increased frequency of  the unsub taking his own life,or committing 'suicide-by-cop'.  The sarcastic side of me points out that our team can never be proven wrong in their profile if there's no unsub left to spill the beans. 

That may soon change. It sounds like Alisha Tyler's role will be to psychologically dissect the unsub after the fact, so maybe a few more of them will survive their encounter with the team this season.

• Love 4

I'm so used to the trope of them having to catch the unsub in the act that the end that it doesn't really bother me, but just once I want to see them bust in on the unsub and find him sitting at his table eating a bowl of cereal and looking completely stunned. Or maybe they look stunned for a moment and then just take another bite of food and stare at the team.

Edited by zannej
  • Love 2

I'm so used to the trope of them having to catch the unsub in the act that the end that it doesn't really bother me, but just once I want to see them bust in on the unsub and find him sitting at his table eating a bowl of serial and looking completely stunned. Or maybe they look stunned for a moment and then just take another bite of food and stare at the team.

I don't know if you meant the play on words, Zaneej---but it was great!

• Love 4

I do agree so much about that!

I've been watching a lot of criminal shows lately and I think that pseudo-vigilante halo is really old-fashioned,

it's not only they think they are right and perfect, it's the writing, I mean, looking at Justified, you can say Givens walks the line all the time (and sometimes he just ignores it) but the writing is great and most of the times they deliver an original and legit solution.

A show I do like a lot is the closer, they built an amazing chemistry and it's a really entertained show (well, if you can stand the main character), however, after a few seasons I found myself tired of that woman ways, it was more than evident she only wanted beat her opponets, and "oh! lucky us! they were criminals!".

many times she conspired to commit a murder, literally, and yes, they deserved it, but there is a different between a parent killing the person who murder their child and a cop getting a suspect killed because they don't like to lose a case. That's something they used as a game changer with Major crimes, they've lost some spark but it's interesting find the tiny space left to move in between the rules.

The thing that goes under my skin like an acid is that Hotch is a lawyer, he was a prosecutor, and they say he was great. They used that sometimes before, and it was realistic and soooo cool. They need give him his authority back. Sure that was when every member still had their own personality.

Edited by smoker
  • Love 3

I was born in the Mississippi Delta, which has a lovely, soft, thick, fluffeh accent, sugah. Because I knew at an early age that folks assumed if you had a Southern accent, you were dumb as a thumb, I tried to purify my accent. Many people would say later that they didn't know where I was from, or thought I was a Yankee.

Now I regret doing that, as I can't reclaim something I scraped out of my mouth when I was a kid. Whatever "Southern" accent I have now richocets off my Georgia husband and his mom.

I'm from Chicago (suburbs) but have lived in SC for the past 20 years. We hear all kinds of accents here, too. I can tell that they're different, but can't distinguish where they're from. Some folks say that a Tennessee accent is very distinct, but I can't tell. I love the kind of southern accent you're describing from Mississippi. Have you ever seen The Long Hot Summer? I know they were all faking their accents (except for Joanne Woodward) but I love that old film and the way they speak. What drives me nuts are the folks from NC (sorry if I'm offending anyone here) who put diphthongs in words where they don't belong and remove them from words where they do belong. Like they'll say hee-ull for hill but say arn instead of iron.

Old Dog, maybe you can tell me why some Brits will do this with words containing A sounds. They will use a soft A in words like dancing, (dahncing) but for words that most other folks use a soft A like drama or taco they'll use a harsh A sound like taaco. This would be so much easier if I were speaking instead of writing. Anyway, it's fun to learn where everyone's from and what their habits are. My husband and I watch a lot of British shows and we enjoy the rhyming slang. I remember in the late 80s and early 90s reading many of the Simon Brett mysteries where they used a lot of those slang phrases. We enjoy learning new ones so I'll have to share that web site with him.

• Love 1

I'm from Chicago (suburbs) but have lived in SC for the past 20 years. We hear all kinds of accents here, too. I can tell that they're different, but can't distinguish where they're from. Some folks say that a Tennessee accent is very distinct, but I can't tell. I love the kind of southern accent you're describing from Mississippi. Have you ever seen The Long Hot Summer? I know they were all faking their accents (except for Joanne Woodward) but I love that old film and the way they speak. What drives me nuts are the folks from NC (sorry if I'm offending anyone here) who put diphthongs in words where they don't belong and remove them from words where they do belong. Like they'll say hee-ull for hill but say arn instead of iron.

Old Dog, maybe you can tell me why some Brits will do this with words containing A sounds. They will use a soft A in words like dancing, (dahncing) but for words that most other folks use a soft A like drama or taco they'll use a harsh A sound like taaco. This would be so much easier if I were speaking instead of writing. Anyway, it's fun to learn where everyone's from and what their habits are. My husband and I watch a lot of British shows and we enjoy the rhyming slang. I remember in the late 80s and early 90s reading many of the Simon Brett mysteries where they used a lot of those slang phrases. We enjoy learning new ones so I'll have to share that web site with him.

Gosh SSAH I think we need Alex Blake for these linguistics discussions. English is a mixed up language with influences from medieval french, latin and the northern European languages. I think when the British started developing its colonies, the colonies language and accent evolved in a different direction, probably due to the melting pot of nationalities. I remember reading that there are some remote areas of the USA - I think it was Kentucky - where the accent they used is actually closer to 17th Century English than anywhere now in the UK. For me, as an Old Dog, my standard of English is set firmly in those wonderful old black and white films like Brief Encounter - where everyone spoke like the Queen (God Bless Her!).

• Love 2

What drives me nuts are the folks from NC (sorry if I'm offending anyone here) who put diphthongs in words where they don't belong and remove them from words where they do belong. Like they'll say hee-ull for hill but say arn instead of iron

Not offended at all, SSAHotchner. Some of us say 'hay-ull', but that's mostly a regional thing. My father had a cousin named Clinton, and he always used to call him 'Clint-ern' instead. My favorite one mispronunciation of his is still 'rottening', which drove my mom up a wall.  Also, in whatever isolated pockets still exist in Appalachia, (pronounced "App-uh-LATCH-uh' and not the incorrect 'App-uh-LAY-shuh') some older people may well still say his'n, her'n, and if'n.

• Love 2

Not offended at all, SSAHotchner. Some of us say 'hay-ull', but that's mostly a regional thing. My father had a cousin named Clinton, and he always used to call him 'Clint-ern' instead. My favorite one mispronunciation of his is still 'rottening', which drove my mom up a wall.  Also, in whatever isolated pockets still exist in Appalachia, (pronounced "App-uh-LATCH-uh' and not the incorrect 'App-uh-LAY-shuh') some older people may well still say his'n, her'n, and if'n.

Some of the ones we find fun are "might could" "cut on the lights" "mash the button" and "cash money."  Oh and my husband was driving behind a little old lady in our neighborhood who was poking along and kind of weaving. He tapped the horn gently to kind of light a fire under her and she rolled down the window and called out, "Go to Hay-ull." We say that to each other now. 

Edited by SSAHotchner
  • Love 3

Confession: I do say "hee-ull" and drop my Gs when I'm not thinking about it. And "might could," "used ta could" and "fixin' to" are pretty much staples.

Edited by Droogie
  • Love 4

Alright, I'll bite. How does one use this in a sentence?

LOL.

"Droogie, would you be able to switch shifts with me on Wednesday?"

Me: "I dunno. I might could."

...that sort of thing. Comes in handy.

• Love 8

They use some of those expressions around here. I know people will say "I might could come over later". They also say some e sounds like i. I was very confused in school when someone asked me if I had  "pin".

• Love 3

They use some of those expressions around here. I know people will say "I might could come over later". They also say some e sounds like i. I was very confused in school when someone asked me if I had  "pin".

Well, they help you out in Columbia, SC and ask, "Do you have an INK pin?" One of the first times I went to a grocery store here I had to ask a woman to repeat herself 3 times. She asked, "Do you want a (what sounded like) buh - gee?" They call shopping carts buggies, but her pronunciation of the word threw me. 3 of our 4 kids went through most of their school here, our youngest all the way from Kindergarten, but the only one who picked up the accent at all was our younger daughter. I think it was just to fit in. And she married a native South Carolinian so she hears it all the time at home, too. But she doesn't think she has an accent. The good thing, though, is that my youngest, at least, learned manners he probably wouldn't have acquired had we stayed in the Chicago suburbs. He says "yes, ma'am" and "yes, sir." 

Edited by SSAHotchner
  • Love 4

To my credit, I don't say "pin."

But I quite like my Southern accent. I don't exaggerate it, but I don't try to get rid of it, either.

Funny, in "Blood Relations," they got the accents all wrong. I never quite understood why they chose Wheeling as the setting. Wheeling, WV is quite a cosmopolitan little city. The accent there is more upper Ohio Valley, which is akin to a Pittsburgh, PA accent (which is a whole 'nother animal. Google it.). If they wanted a southern twang + incest + feudin', they needed to go a just a pinch further south...

Edited by Droogie
  • Love 4

My guess is that Wheeling was the only city the CM staff assumed people would recognize in West Virginia...although it didn't stop them from going to Citronelle in Alabama in “Perennials”. *shrug*

You're probably right, Daniel, although there were so many gems to choose from:

Paw-Paw

Orgas (a favorite of mine)

Big Ugly

Sparrows (pronounced "Sparz") Creek

...among others. A veritable treasure trove.

Following a friendly dispute with a friend I started tracking Twitter following for MGG, Shemar Moore and AJ Cook. I thought you might be interested in seeing the figures for 2015 so far.

From 1st Jan to 31st Aug:-

Matthew gained 202,000 new followers

Shemar gained 89,000

AJ gained 58,000

I know the picture is different on Instagram but it is still interesting I think.

• Love 5

It's also interesting to note, that while Shemar has more followers than Matthew on Instagram (by something like 400,000), Matthew consistently gets way more likes and comments on his posts. Particularly compare the times when both of them post the same picture of themselves, and see the different reaction. 

To compare, they both posted last photo of them showing skin on the set to their respective Instagrams.

Matthew: 99,299 likes and 3788 comments

Shemar: 48,234 likes and 1259 comments

Maybe it is just the age of their respective fanbases and their comfort with Instagram (though again Shemar has 1,247,811 Instagram followers to Matthew's 825,117 followers), but Matthew's fanbase is way more active and dedicated in responding to his posts. 

• Love 5

It's also interesting to note, that while Shemar has more followers than Matthew on Instagram (by something like 400,000), Matthew consistently gets way more likes and comments on his posts. Particularly compare the times when both of them post the same picture of themselves, and see the different reaction. 

To compare, they both posted last photo of them showing skin on the set to their respective Instagrams.

Matthew: 99,299 likes and 3788 comments

Shemar: 48,234 likes and 1259 comments

Maybe it is just the age of their respective fanbases and their comfort with Instagram (though again Shemar has 1,247,811 Instagram followers to Matthew's 825,117 followers), but Matthew's fanbase is way more active and dedicated in responding to his posts.

So my mom was right!

The less you show, the more interesting you get.

(Unless, of course, you exaggerate...)

But seriously, Instagram is about images, and Shemar likes to post pictures of his abs, and some people (for some reason that eludes me completely) like to have those pictures.

I don't follow neither of them, but I visited their FB pages and they both are very different about the material they choose to post.

Different audiences, indeed.

• Love 4

iWrbNzL.png

Okay, here's what I think happened. When JJ left, Garcia got her words/usual lines. That meant using the computer more instead of having JJ read it from a file.

JJ is back now, but they got used to using the computer/easy way out so Garcia kept her lines. JJ got the most words she had this season and Spencer's just started heading down (but does go up in Season 8, although I'm not sure what it will be like compared to JJ and Garcia.) An increase of unsub time also probably takes some lines from everyone else but it doesn't matter because what normally came out of those scenes were the things Garcia now gets in a few seconds.

First of all, I think it is outrageous that Garcia had more to say than Reid and JJ, but it also has to do with the fact that some of JJ's scenes are action-orientated, so she doesn't deliver that many lines while on screen, Reid has a number of scenes where he is part of the decoration (aka sitting there, looking pretty) and more often than not he is randomly delivering facts or questions, and every single scene with Garcia consist in the actress talking and talking relentlessly.

Finally, 11766 words coming out of Garcia = the horror! Specially when you think about the contents of her lines...

Edited, because I got one number wrong. And that cannot happen.

Edited by MCatry
  • Love 5

But seriously, Instagram is about images, and Shemar likes to post pictures of his abs, and some people (for some reason that eludes me completely) like to have those pictures.

I don't follow neither of them, but I visited their FB pages and they both are very different about the material they choose to post.

Different audiences, indeed.

At some point earlier this year, an actor named Bryan Craig was showing his proverbial butt on Twitter about how annoyed/disappointed he was with the storyline his character on General Hosptial was getting. (Don't ask.) Shemar said something re the situation about social media and how some people should stay off of it. Or something to that effect. Which, irony, considering that I've seen some of Moore's Twitter feed, where he talks about how much time he spends at the gym.

Rossi: "Who has time for that kind of detail?" ;-)

• Love 2

dhJ25fX.png

Season 9, looking about the same as 7&8. Now onto season 10 then I can post my line chart!

Then re-watch it all for Hotch and Morgan's lines and add them to the chart.  I think I'll only do characters who are there for all seasons so it fits into the line chart better.

I also think I've decided I liked season 9 the least, 200 & The Black Queen was just embarrassing. JJ is my favourite female character now though.

I would have bet anything that JJ had gotten more lines than Reid in season 9. But, maybe my perception came from the types of lines she was given verses the types of lines the he was given.

• Love 2

I would have bet anything that JJ had gotten more lines than Reid in season 9. But, maybe my perception came from the types of lines she was given verses the types of lines the he was given.

Gubler delivers his lines way too fast, to squeeze them in the seconds they give him. It seems rambling at high speed is now a must-have treat.

And AJ Cook participate in tediously long interviews in which victims and unsub are also interfering with her lines. In addition, she also participate in the long, tedious action scenes. Hence, it seems like she has a lot of lines, and words.

Garcia... Any word she says annoys me to not end. Even if its just a good morning.

• Love 4

I think the perception that JJ has more lines is that often I think Garcia and Reid are used for exposition, JJ may have more JJ focused lines, and she has more action scenes. Though that's my perception and may not be true.

I think you may be right.  As I know we discussed after Nelson's Sparrow, where Reid had tremendous presence, but very few lines, it's the quality of the dialogue, and not the quantity, that determines viewer satisfaction.  

Not that we can all agree on how much, nor what content, nor who gets to deliver it.

• Love 5

Gubler delivers his lines way too fast, to squeeze them in the seconds they give him. It seems rambling at high speed is now a must-have treat.

And AJ Cook participate in tediously long interviews in which victims and unsub are also interfering with her lines. In addition, she also participate in the long, tedious action scenes. Hence, it seems like she has a lot of lines, and words.

And I think acting in part of it, since in addition to JJ often being given long interviews with victims, there's incidents like in The Itch where she'll come off as (IMO) unnecessarily snotty or aggressive. That one woman she and Kate were talking to seemed to have offended her somehow, and even though later she told Rossi or somebody that she was sorry she'd been so harsh, she never gave the woman herself an apology.

I think the perception that JJ has more lines is that often I think Garcia and Reid are used for exposition, JJ may have more JJ focused lines, and she has more action scenes. Though that's my perception and may not be true.

I  don't think its just your perception. The writers bring out Garcia when they need something computer related and Reid when they need random facts or statistics, but JJ usually gets more "meaty" dialogue, even if it just seems more wordy because she'll be interviewing people and then usually doing the kicky-fighty thing to bring down the UnSub.

I think you may be right.  As I know we discussed after Nelson's Sparrow, where Reid had tremendous presence, but very few lines, it's the quality of the dialogue, and not the quantity, that determines viewer satisfaction.  

I think that Reid (and Gubler, for that matter) has come to need that presence. Since the character has taken to wandering into a Tardis, which removes him from the episode halfway through it, he only has a limited amount of time to make any kind of impression, and as MCatry says, MGG has started to rush through his words as if he knows Reid will be disappearing from the ep soon, so he has to make the most of what dialogue he gets and do the rest of his acting in silence.

• Love 6

I think that Reid (and Gubler, for that matter) has come to need that presence. Since the character has taken to wandering into a Tardis, which removes him from the episode halfway through it, he only has a limited amount of time to make any kind of impression, and as MCatry says, MGG has started to rush through his words as if he knows Reid will be disappearing from the ep soon, so he has to make the most of what dialogue he gets and do the rest of his acting in silence.

I actually think it's both more and less than that.  If he was really worried about his screen time, he would find a way to deliver his lines as slowly as possible.  But, as a practical matter, he is given the most difficult expository dialogue.  Just wrapping his mouth around those words is a challenge, and getting them out may very well be easier when done in one large, rapid-fire dump. Plus, I think, at some point along the way, either he or TPTB, or some combination thereof, decided that it was part of Reid's characterization to deliver volumes of information as quickly as possible.

I don't think the 'presence' was developed to compensate for anything.  It was there from as early as season two.  I think he just knows the power of the unspoken word, and also knows how good he is at delivering it.

• Love 6

I do so wish I could find that one interview where Matthew alluded to the fact that someone had criticized him and complained that he was taking too long to do his lines. I am convinced that it must have made him extremely self conscious and could very well be one of the reasons he sometimes rushes thru his lines the way that he does.

• Love 3

I'd love to know about this, MMC. Who would do that??

Who knows Droogie, but I sure would like to give them a good swift kick in the ass.I think I am remembering a little more about it. I do believe the person was critical about the sound of Matthew's voice. How could that not have had an impact on him and I don't believe for one moment it was just some random fan who said it to him.

• Love 5

Who knows Droogie, but I sure would like to give them a good swift kick in the ass.I think I am remembering a little more about it. I do believe the person was critical about the sound of Matthew's voice. How could that not have had an impact on him and I don't believe for one moment it was just some random fan who said it to him.

Infuriating. I'd like to think he wouldn't let it bother him, unless it came from someone directing him on a scene. He doesn't seem to embarrass easily. But it breaks my heart nonetheless, that someone would've said this and it would've affected him.

• Love 4

I think the perception that JJ has more lines come from the fact that she's getting more each season so far. 

It did start to bother me in season 9 because she said some things that Reid would normally say, but that's okay because sometimes Reid wasn't there to say it but it still leaves the question

'How did JJ know that?'

I can post some examples if anyones interested. 

I certainly would be interested if you want to post them. I will bet you have many of the same examples I've thought of, maybe even some I hadn't. Now it not as if I expect JJ not to be allow to know anything and that Reid has to know everything. But the writers have pretty taken the approach that it is imperative we the viewers all see just how smart JJ is.And if they have to sacrifice Reid in order to do it. Well than that is a small price they are willing to pay.

Edited by missmycat
  • Love 3

I wish I could find the interview again, but it was translated from French and I think some things were lost in translation. Matthew indicated that his voice and speaking were annoying. He indicated that people would be watching him and wanting him to just shut up so he wanted to get his lines out as quickly as possible so the crew and such would not be as annoyed. I wonder if it was more than just the crew that told him he was annoying, but he indicated that he'd been told he was annoying. I wouldn't be surprised if it came from Erica because she seems to find Reid annoying. Just notice how she talks about Reid in interviews-- she refers to the other characters as "our (insert name)". "Our Morgan"... but she referred to Reid as "his (MGG's) Reid". She distances herself from him.

• Love 6

I think if Erica found him that annoying he would've been written out at some point.

They were set to write him out in Season 6 with the headaches storyline - I don't know what happened. Maybe someone nudged Messer about the fact that he has a huge fanbase? Does anyone know the ins and outs of what happened back then?

• Love 4

Erica seems to like Matthew, but she seems to find Reid annoying and doesn't seem to like him very much (at least that is the impression I've gotten when she gives interviews). Sometimes showrunners have to keep a character they don't like around. Its not just up to one person.

• Love 3

Hey if some rumors I heard were correct, they were thinking of having Foyet kill Hotch at the end of season four, until CBS intervened and shut that idea down. Of course that rumor doesn't make a lot of sense to me, because I can't see why Ed would want to kill off Hotch, and he would have had to approve any idea like that from the writers.

• Love 4

They were set to write him out in Season 6 with the headaches storyline - I don't know what happened. Maybe someone nudged Messer about the fact that he has a huge fanbase? Does anyone know the ins and outs of what happened back then?

I sort of got the impression he wanted to leave, or was thinking about it. I seem to remember an interview -- MGG was there, and EM. EM said something like, "But Matthew's gonna stay with us, right?" And Matthew said, "Yeah, I'll stay as long as you'll have me."

Of course I don't remember the exact words. But this was when he promised he'd stay until the end of the show, something I wonder if he doesn't regret sometimes.

Edited bc I just saw that I had somehow posted the same thing twice within this comment.

Edited by Droogie
  • Love 2