Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Leah

Drogo

The ODNI assist an Israeli spy with early onset Alzheimer's when her own agency tries to kill her. Also: Christina worries she may face a similar fate as she is threatened by forces within her own organization and Bryan and Asha have an argument due to Bryan's trust issues.

I liked this episode, and thanks to the posters here I was able to recognize The Team Member Good Guys. LOL! Leah having brain problems was a great explanation for why she got out of the car and ran away (only to get almost drowned), so good on the writers for an interesting (if easy) plot development. I wonder if she really had a nephew or if that was something she set up for an eventual escape. The blown-up car was genius, although I wonder if she had a body in there as what questions will arise when no "driver" is found? Oh well, I guess she escaped, so good on her. Her "death" did drive Jennifer into the arms of that widower; not sure if that's a good thing, but nice for the night I guess. I do wonder why Bryan is Jennifer's chosen one who gets to know her secrets. That has to bug the team guys who have been with her way longer. I did love the ending, best ending ever. I could see Bryan being with Leah. She's a much better fit for him than Asha IMO. She is kick-ass just like Bryan, so IMO a good romantic pairing. I guess I missed "the argument" Drogo references in his ep recap above. Since I don't like Asha, I'm fine with them being split. I want Bryan to stay on the beach with Leah as long as possible.

I didn't like Leah.  I found her highly annoying and not trustworthy. Because of the Alzheimer's I just got the sense that she wasn't believable about anything that she said. The flirtation was just too much. I actually like Bryan and Asha.

so what the heck does this all have to do with anything what a waste of an hour.   when are they gonna address the neighbors watching bryan with surveillance cameras and hidden Mics?   Is he that stupid that he cant spot them?  This show is all over the place. I could care less about this woman that shows up out of the blue and so much for his Sisters friend who is his now GF.   stupid show. 

I spent a lot of time thinking about Leah's hair. When she was in Beale's office, it was down. Bryan leaves her alone in the office and the camera pans back to Leah and her hair is in a tight bun. I can put my hair up pretty quickly, but not THAT quickly. Even the continuity guys are zoning out, sort of like the audience if this site is a representation of viewership. Too bad as I like Jennifer, Bryan and that ginger guy.

OK, this is the second episode I've noticed without the Hispanic operative in it. (I'm sorry, I still haven't learned all the character names yet.) Is the actor on leave or being written out?

On 4/18/2017 at 4:07 PM, Mikita said:

I didn't like Leah.  I found her highly annoying and not trustworthy. Because of the Alzheimer's I just got the sense that she wasn't believable about anything that she said. The flirtation was just too much. I actually like Bryan and Asha.

I don't think they were really flirting.  She knows she doesn't have a future so it was about that I don't think.  I think it was precisely because they had no past and no future that she chose him to be the one to know what she did, so she wouldn't be alone - she has no baggage with him at all, either good or bad really, but he appears to be a kind person and being easy on the eyes certainly doesn't hurt I'm sure, :)  she wanted someone to know the truth about it and she chose him.  

It's kind of like people who tell their problems to the taxi driver on the ride across town - it's precisely because they don't really have any connection with that person but yet somehow feel at ease with them that they do so - because there is no pressure, no real judgment, they don't feel like they are letting anyone down by stating their thoughts or their feelings, etc.  So in this situation Bryan was kind of the cab driver. :)  Due to the fact that Christina trusts him so much, she feels like she can believe he's trustworthy but at the same time, there isn't any pressure to be anything other that what she is, a sick woman who is trying to enjoy some of her last moments but doesn't want to be completely alone while doing so.  She simply wanted a friendly presence and for someone to know is how I took it.

On 4/19/2017 at 1:49 PM, saber5055 said:

I spent a lot of time thinking about Leah's hair. When she was in Beale's office, it was down. Bryan leaves her alone in the office and the camera pans back to Leah and her hair is in a tight bun. I can put my hair up pretty quickly, but not THAT quickly. Even the continuity guys are zoning out, sort of like the audience if this site is a representation of viewership. Too bad as I like Jennifer, Bryan and that ginger guy.

I can put my hair up in a bun quickly.  It was clearly supposed to be a quicky bun, IMO, not anything that was supposed to be too complicated.   It was tight and small, so it didn't involve much beyond twisting it up tightly, a hair band and possibly if she had one, a bobby pin.   Those take maybe half a minute.

• Love 1