Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Trips

Kyle accompanies Megan on a trip to her hometown to officiate her best friend's wedding; Terence goes on a journey of self-reflection after a confrontation with Kyle; and Annika inspires DeAnn to take more risks with her life.

Megan was groomed and molested by her step brother. Knowing how close Kyle is to Terence, I don't think her honesty with Kyle will go well. Besides her childhood best friend, I don't think Megan has told anyone else. It's too bad because she is really messed up over it.

I'm not surprised that Kyle is having flashbacks to whoring himself for Terrace. It was awful.

I don't for a moment buy that the director of the play has gotten in Megan's head, especially given how he's behaved since his declaration of love and the car accident.

Terence's big trauma is that he's a sociopath who wants to be a beloved actor? Lame.

Edited by HunterHunted

Everyone's tripping! 

Didn't feel the chemistry between Tessa and Megan. BFFs, my ass. I still think she probably "accidentally" killed her stepbrother. Which I mean, is fine, if he did what he did. One less perv in the world. 

Any Alias fans? Terence's subconscious tripping reminded me season 3, episode 9 ("Conscious") when Sydney is put into a drug-induced state to wade through her memories. She should have just taken shrooms! LOL. I know I'm totally biased, but Terence looked better on the AWOL posters than Kyle.

Here's a fun pic- 

Does anyone watch the post-nup after-show on facebook? I find it to be a good supplement.

1 hour ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

BFFs, my ass. I still think she probably "accidentally" killed her stepbrother. Which I mean, is fine, if he did what he did. One less perv in the world. 

I love how Megan says "He fell in with some bad people." I said, "Girl, no. He started as some bad people." He was raping an 11 year old. What kind of worse people could he start hanging out with: murderers, sex traffickers, terrorists, serial killers, serial rapists, sadistic torturers? What is this strange less acceptable worse crowd that he, Megan's sexual predator stepbrother, was hanging with? Did he suddenly make friends with all of the criminals on Con Air?

I thought the scene with DeAnn and Annika was a bit eye-rolly because of how hard they were dancing around whatever the hell they did. I mean, is it just BDSM? Can you not just come out and say it, considering this is a show that had one character pimp out the hero and another get molested by her stepbrother?

That latter bit -- I am so so sick of molestation and rape being every woman's ugly secret. I mean, I get that there's still stigma but..it's just so tired and lazy. Plus this bullshit with the director...why? Why on earth would she even consider being tempted by that dude? I'm not buying it.

And I don't understand why NOW Kyle is standing up to Terence and telling him to piss off but last week he didn't protest like this. This show seems a little in love with their secrets (so I'm surprised they didn't drag out the Megan/stepbrother reveal longer), but they better have something pretty good in Kyle's backstory up their sleeve. 

What I know is that I have 42 minutes' worth of free time.

This could have been a fun exploration of a contractual romantic relationship, high control groups, the downside to celebrity, etc. They decided to go with "as much sex as we can get away with." Boring.

1 hour ago, treeofdreams said:

It seems like the writers set up a bunch of interesting storylines, but now they don't know what to do with them.

Well, they will have an extra 10 episodes to hopefully/probably expand on those storylines since the show got renewed for a second season. 

13 hours ago, Lord Donia said:

What I know is that I have 42 minutes' worth of free time.

This could have been a fun exploration of a contractual romantic relationship, high control groups, the downside to celebrity, etc. They decided to go with "as much sex as we can get away with." Boring.

I'd rather see the fascinating underbelly of Hollywood shomances (though these two seem genuinely into each other), Not!Scientology and its control of its members, and how nasty Hollywood can be. I don't care about sex scene upon sex scene. That's going for the cheap and easy route. 

I didn't really care for this episode at all.  It seemed like they were trying to branch into a horror / psychological thriller type show and that's not what this is supposed to be.  I want it to get back to being light and funny (intentionally and unintentionally). 

Terence's 'shroom trip was just weird and I still don't think I get it.  It didn't work for me.

So is Megan's secret that she was a victim of her step-brother?  Or are we going to find out that she is the one who killed him and not some "bad friends"?  I understand that Megan may have some feelings related to what happened to her by her step-brother that may include feelings of guilt and/or shame but this show better not even think of using what happened to her as a black mark against her, period (this is assuming she didn't kill her brother).  I'll bail so fast on this show if they even hint at something like that. 

Hopefully, the fun will return next episode. 

Edited by Peper81

I don't know if this is a bad sign or not, but I was focusing on all the "2" prefix California license plates in the show over the past few eps.

I haven't seen a "2" on anything but a junker since about 1990.

Obviously the whole East Coast wedding thing was a device to reveal another layer of Megan's hidden past.  Nude Cloud pix just don't qualify these days.  I also surmise the whole sensory-deprivation chamber arc was to establish that Terence is a failed actor who crafted Kyle as an alter-ego.  Or something.  Of course we have to keep watching to find out why Kyle will sell himself out to keep Terence happy.  (Actually, that goofy detective kind of held my interest when she was onscreen, but I guess she's gone for good now that the point has been made about Kyle's slavish attitude toward Terence.)

Michael Vartan has been looking scarily thin, but when he disrobed he looked emaciated.  Still handsome, but he really could use a few pounds.

I have trouble keeping the minor characters straight in my mind.  They're all cookie-cutter cartoons.