Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: Millina

Millina sure got dealt a bad hand when it came to family, but sheesh, when she was describing everything wrong with her situation, I just kept thinking, "And you're going to bring a BABY into this mess? Adoption! Adoption!"

I'm so done with the dads/sperm donors who don't come over. Even if Trevor really did believe that Kayden and Millina were better off living with his family (and I don't buy that he believed that), you basically cut off your child because his mom made a decision you don't like? If Kayden really were in a bad situation living at Nan's house, how are you helping him by avoiding him?

Kudos to Millina for breastfeeding... and in public, even.  I really liked this girl for her maturity, but God help her if that is her real, natural voice.  The heart to heart with her dad, while playing Frisbee and yelling to each other from across a field was very awkward.  Did either of them ever actually catch the Frisbee, even once? lol 

I was impressed when Trevor used the word "vagina", rather than some crude slang term, while describing the horror of the delivery.  But he really disappointed me by being so absent.  He seemed to be the only one working, besides Nan.  I wonder if he's paying child support.  I think he's a mama's boy, scared to step in and step up to his mom while she went off on poor Millina. 

The editing was wonky, like usual.  It seemed she went into labor later that night, after the fight with Tina. But then Tina's hair was a different color at the hospital.  And, that awful tattoo on Millina's shoulder (that looked drawn on with magic markers) kept coming and going.  And, about that tattoo, it seemed to say Kayden's birthdate.  Why do so many of these moms seem to think getting a tat to signify the kid's birth is a crucial component of post-natal care?

This was the second teen mom in a row now who appears to not have a driver's license.  Both Millina and Autumn had people chauffeuring them around, and they think they are equipped to raise a baby?!    

• Love 1

I truly hated seeing Tina's smug face when she was berating Millina for taking Kayden to court. Yes, it probably wasn't the best idea but I couldn't stand that she was taking such joy in believing that she outsmarted a 16 year old. Just disgusting.

Nan seemed like a very nice person who's doing the best she can for her grandchildren while their mother is in jail and their father is doing whatever the freak he's doing.  Plus, her house looked clean and neat. 

Surprisingly, I didn't hear any mention of pitocin or an epidural.  Is Millina the first 16 & Pregnant teen to have a natural birth and breast feed her baby?  She clearly loves Kayden (hated the spelling since my 13 year old son's long time bff is named Kaden and is like a second son to me) but at least she gave the baby 2 normal middle names.  Millina has the potential to be a far better mother than her own mother or baby daddy's crazy mother.  Millina's parents reminded me a lot of April and Butch.  Good times with those two.  lol.

On a side note, my 2 adult daughters and my 13 year old son, none of whom have reproduced thank God, play 16 & Pregnant bingo.  The goal of our game is to get a bingo if a teen mom uses any of their names correctly spelled.  I am pretty sure my Jessica, Rebecca and Nicholas will never get a bingo.  Kaden occasionally plays along and is bummed because he was so close last night.

Edited by uoflfan

I could not believe the way that Tina yelled at Millina. If my MIL (or anyone, really) ever spoke to me like that, there would be hell to pay. I was proud of Millina for standing up to her and saying, yes you can be around the baby but not alone because...then proceeded to lay out some very valid points. It's sad when the pregnant teen is the most mature adult in pretty much every situation she's in.

• Love 1

Millina has posted an update video:

Guess whose fault it is that Tina looked like a psycho on national TV. Ding ding, that's right...it's Millina's fault! That Millina...always using the Imperius Curse on Tina to force her to have a toddler tantrum in front of the cameras. Otherwise we'd all trust her with our babies.

I really like that video! Millina seems mature for her age, well spoken, and really good at heart. I'm so glad things are working out for her and Kayden living at Nan's. I hope she and Trevor can successfully coparent, sounds like they are on the right track. 

• Love 1

Surprisingly, I didn't hear any mention of pitocin or an epidural. Is Millina the first 16 & Pregnant teen to have a natural birth and breast feed her baby?

I'm pretty sure Katie from Teen Mom 3 went natural and I know she breastfed. And it's been way, way too long since I've seen Kailyn's episode but for some reason I seem to remember her doing it as well. No matter what I feel about the teen mom in question I'm always really proud of them when I see that, especially breastfeeding.

Thanks for posting the video.  Millina seems very level-headed for a teen mom and I love that she is still breast-feeding her 5 month old baby.  I knew she was nursing as soon as the video started because she was obviously wearing a nursing bra.  I would have liked to breast feed but I couldn't so my kids are Similac kids.