Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E19: Bring It On

MyAimIsTrue
  • Start Topic

I admit that I enjoyed seeing a client that was more out there than Bull is. It was fun to see someone else do to Bull what he usually does to others. Happy to see Chunk doing some sleuthing too. I didn't see the twist coming at the end either. An enjoyable hour.

• Love 3

Yeah, this was a good episode.  Bull was out-bulled, and it still worked. Nice to see someone else have a clue.  

And really, don't we all want to tell Marissa to calm down? IMO the worst character on the show.....she bugs.

• Love 2

Once again Bull and Company are hired to defend a completely innocent client. Everyone could save a ton of money if : 

• The police detectives did any type of competent job before the trial. They didn't even discover the multiple identities of the victim?!
  • Bull spent more time on the detective side of finding the real killer. It only takes a couple of days for his team versus how long it takes to recruit a mirror jury.

It was ridiculous that Bull and the trial lawyer would be allowed to confront the actual killer on the street before the cops show up for the arrest. And once again they have the trial end before finding the actual murderer - because all the time and effort of the mock jury, the fancy jury monitors with changing colors and jury mood swaying would be pointless if they found the real killer first (which they have done in other episodes). 

I will give the show credit for a good job of casting the guest star. He nailed the douchebag role perfectly .. and certainly should have gone to jail for something. 

At the end of the show Bull changes games from pool to darts ... and throws a bulls-eye with barely any effort ... because Bull is the master of everything. He's tremendous. The best. The greatest. 

• Love 3

That douche was Burke from Grey's Anatomy....Isaiah something.  Washington, maybe?   Not sure you can send people to jail for being asses, though, or our entire current government would be behind bars.

Of course Bull is good at things. When you have no wife, no children at his age, what else do you have to do?  Since Dr. Phil has clearly been married for 30 plus years, I wonder why the choice was made to make Bull a bachelor.  I guess for potential romantic guest stars?

• Love 1

That douche was Burke from Grey's Anatomy....Isaiah something.  Washington, maybe?

Yep! Isaiah Washington. I had to pause the episode and look up his Jules character on IMDB because it was driving me crazy! I recognized his voice immediately but I couldn't for the life of me recognize him - he usually has hair on his head (and not on his face), and usually no glasses. Comparing how he looked in this episode versus how I'm used to seeing him as Burke just seemed so different to me in a way I don't usually get thrown with actors in a variety of roles. Even after I knew it was him, I kept staring at him in the scenes, trying to see him as he used to be (as Burke), and I couldn't. He just looks so different now. It was so strange. I think it's that his face is filled in more, which changes the definition of his face that I was so used to, and the no hair thing really changes his look as well. But I knew his voice within seconds. I knew that I knew him from somewhere. *GRIN*

At any rate, I'm with Chunk. I hate the "referencing yourself in the third person." Don't do that. (LOL.)

Did they really declare why the brother killed his sister? Was it because she had fallen for their mark (Jules) and was less likely to walk away from him or bilk him for millions like they'd probably planned? I feel like they talked about how they found him (the fingerprints, the aliases, and the telltale touching of the eyebrow that both brother and sister did), but not really discuss his reason for killing his own sister. Did I miss it? 

Edited by sinkwriter

I was waiting for the brother to snarl "She [whatever she might have done that was heinous enough to create motive]", but nothing. So no, I don't think they mentioned why he killed her.

I did think this was a good one. Nice to see some sleuthing and somewhat less implausibility. Marisa's talking to Bull about how the jury is now viewing the guy as this, blah blah, I'm like, I can SEE that this is happening, but thanks for telling me anyway.

• Love 1