Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E18: Dressed to Kill

MyAimIsTrue
  • Start Topic

This show is almost exhausting with all of the cliches, tropes and blunt force trauma of illogical details.
This week's offenses : 

• Bull's case of the week begins by him being present at the murder scene. Is this "Murder She Wrote"? 
  • The time from the murder to the trial seems like four to five days ?!? 
  • Chunk doesn't care who the real killer is? He just wants the first suspect to be found guilty? 
  • Chunk hasn't been around long enough to know that Bull is always right when he says someone is not the murderer? 
  • Bull & Company (with a *lot* of background employees) save their client by finding the real killer - is this a detective show or a jury manipulation show? 
  • All the jury profiling stuff seemed completely pointless in this episode. 
  • Bull looked pretty bad in that white tuxedo. I guess Chunk didn't care enough to point that out at the time. 
  • The whole 'trifecta' of Chunk's drama, the client's drama, and the fiance's drama was just bad, bad writing. 

This show works much better as an unintentional comedy.
The worst thing was that I realized that Bull is reminding me of Donald Trump with his always right, always arrogant personality. 

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, shrewd.buddha said:

This show works much better as an unintentional comedy.

Yep.

I've been amusing myself with the continuity/production "mistakes". Ex. the bottle of capers? in the work fridge that kept falling over and standing in different shots and last episode's incredibly growing sandwich.

• Love 1

I'm so crabby about Bull. I like Michael Weatherly, but the way they write Bull drives me up a wall. Even in the end of this episode, he couldn't help but rub it in that he was right. He's really lucky his staff likes him so much, or someone would have punched him by now. Especially Chunk. (I loved all the side-eye Chunk gave him throughout this episode. Totally deserved.)

• Love 1

So no one wondered if Kira was the real target, given that she should have been the one in the dress?

And what's the timeline here?

• Nella fires Giancarlo either at the show or shortly before - because Kira didn't know he'd been fired and no one in Nella's employ stops him from being backstage to tamper with the dress and talk to Kira.
  • So Giancarlo manages to scare up some absorbent arsenic between then and mid-show and spray the dress. Unless he just keeps some around in his man purse for funsies.
  • Kira goes on as the first look of the show.
  • Giancarlo catches Kira right after she gets off the runway and FIRES her. "On Nella's behalf".
  • Kira (who must not be very bright) believes that Nella would fire the brand new face of her brand through a proxy in the middle of a show for no discernible reason.
  • In response, Kira flees without confronting Nella, causing Nella to be the only Kira-sized human in a room full of models that can fit the final dress.
  • Nella drops dead.
  • Love 6
On 4/5/2017 at 9:53 AM, shrewd.buddha said:

The worst thing was that I realized that Bull is reminding me of Donald Trump with his always right, always arrogant personality. 

Since the show is based on Dr. Phil, who has the same always right, always arrogant personality, I guess that means the writers are getting at least one thing right.

• Love 2