Type keyword(s) to search

S29: Becca & Floyd

Vyk
  • Start Topic

Perfectly-run leg on their part in terms of the first leg!  They figured out how to find the clue among the fan-swinging ladies, found the temple with no problem, found the bamboo shop at Bamboo Climb with no problem, and completed it with only one hitch that they quickly solved.  Then, they outran Matt & Redmond to the Pit Stop for their second win!  Great job!

But it all went to hell in a handbasket on the second leg.  Two legs in a row, the previous leg winners pull a first-to-worst.  They caught the first bus ton Ninh Binh, but everything pretty much crumbles after that.

Why, oh, why did Floyd do such a physical Roadblock in such terrible heat?  And even worse, he didn't stop to pick up what he'd dropped as he went along.  He went all the way to the finish point, thinking that he could just pick them up afterwards rather than just stop to pick them up along the way.  As bad for him as I felt, he really shouldn't have taken the chance.  Had he stopped along the way to pick them up, he might've only needed one trip, and he and Becca wouldn't have fallen so behind.

Add in him pretty much losing the rest of his energy on the way to the rowing, and it was pretty much over.

Shame to see them go out that way.  If TAR30 (now that the show has been renewed) is the usual returning teams season (every season with a number divisible by six typically has been since TAR18), I hope they're at the top of the list to invite back.  I will miss you, Team Fun.

• Love 4

I don't recall the last time I had such a personal interest in a racer's health and well-being but having suffered from heat exhaustion before I was genuinely concerned for Floyd.   He was a trooper and a they were such a joy to watch, and it sucks the team went out the way they did but I know it was for the best.

• Love 3

As I commented in the episode topic, Floyd didn't know he'd dropped anything till he was told. He didn't "plan to go back," he discovered that he had to, and still carrying his full load. (I wonder if the race planners now wish they'd managed that part differently.)

• Love 5

I was rooting for them to win it all, namely cause of their attitude. Bad break. So now I am leaning towards Tara and Joey....although I like Scott, but i detest his partner..a whiner if there ever was one.

• Love 1

Why did they want mom and dad to be eliminated?

Sure they U-turned them but once again, teams miss the biggest threats in the game, Matt and Redmond.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, scrb said:

Why did they want mom and dad to be eliminated?

Sure they U-turned them but once again, teams miss the biggest threats in the game, Matt and Redmond.

Well, Tara/Joey have gotten first way more often than Matt/Redmond. Team Mom and Dad are just as good of a team as Matt/Redmond, so that is a valid reason for them to want them out. But also, the U-Turn probably didn't make either of them happy, so it gave them another reason.

I'm fairly sure she could have, but that they already declared who was going to do the task and can't switch. I believe how it works is that they read the clue: "Who's ready to be trapped?".  At that point they have to declare who's going to do the roadblock with no further info, so at that point there's no info about having to bike with those traps on.  Sometimes this results in the suboptimal partner doing the task. Sometimes the clue is deliberately misleading, like one time some seasons ago in an early leg they go to a parachuting facility. So every team has the more thrillseeking partner declare for the Roadblock. They then go onto read that the other partner has to jump, and the Roadblock challenge is to track them after they land with a GPS.  In this case it wasn't deliberately misleading, but if the clue mentioned biking they certainly would have chosen the other partner.

6 minutes ago, Fukui San said:

I'm fairly sure she could have, but that they already declared who was going to do the task and can't switch. I believe how it works is that they read the clue: "Who's ready to be trapped?".  At that point they have to declare who's going to do the roadblock with no further info, so at that point there's no info about having to bike with those traps on.  Sometimes this results in the suboptimal partner doing the task. Sometimes the clue is deliberately misleading, like one time some seasons ago in an early leg they go to a parachuting facility. So every team has the more thrillseeking partner declare for the Roadblock. They then go onto read that the other partner has to jump, and the Roadblock challenge is to track them after they land with a GPS.  In this case it wasn't deliberately misleading, but if the clue mentioned biking they certainly would have chosen the other partner.

Thanks. I know the rules of reading before and I think they are actually hidden from seeing the task beforehand. I just couldn't remember if they had done an equal amount of Roadblocks or not. He looked so exhausted. I really felt bad for him. Both Floyd and Joey looked like they were next to death. Thanks again.

8 hours ago, holly4755 said:

I think the key here is that he did not realize that going faster is easier. 

I think he was trying to go faster and balancing but Floyd looks like he's smaller than the other guys who did it.  But then again I wouldn't know as they're all 'little people' on my screen lol.  But to me Floyd might have had a harder time as he looks shorter. I don't think I would have done well at all as I'm around 5'3" so balancing AND trying to pedal with short legs I'd still be there. Well maybe not- I might have beaten Brooke?  I don't think London realized it either.

I loved them.. would be cool to meet them (and I hate meeting people!).  BTW Floyd's graduation pic is AWESOME!  :)

• Love 5

Everyone struggled, regardless of their size. They were all sweat-drenched and exhausted afterward, even Scott and Joey (who were the biggest Racers to do that task, IIRC). What got Floyd was having to do it two more times than everyone else. 

• Love 1

I generally don't watch long YouTube videos, but I've watched at least half of their recaps.   Floyd especially is just adorable.  I loved Becca gently teasing him about how, newly 21, he carefully taste-tested Greek beer.  

Can't believe that in addition to hallucinating a wind turbine, Floyd asked if he was bleeding out of his eyes, and when told no, he said "can I drink some water and try to bleed out of my eyes?"  Poor kid.  

• Love 3

They have to be a lock if next season is an All-Star, Second Chance or Regular/Returnee hybrid theme. I keep thinking Season 30 will be the last and it would be nice to see returning racers. Normally, I prefer newbies but I think Season 30 is the perfect time.

• Love 5