Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E17: Kapiushon

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

(edited)

It's hard to watch these types of episodes, but they usually are great dramatic episodes because of what's happening.  I have to say that SA did a fantastic job.  He went through all the gamuts of emotion as a character - stubborn, exhausted, fearful, vulnerable, furious, broken, and spent.  I don't know if I buy that he enjoys killing, but I think a part of him enjoys taking out the bad guys, and those lines can blur.  However, I don't see any joy in his face when he kills.  I actually DO see it in Chase.  I thought the episode was very well done, although I wish we had less flashbacks and more moments spent with Oliver and Chase because that's where all the drama lay.  

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 6

Prolonged torture scene/s. Not moving Adrian's or Taliah's story along enough accompanied by some political subtext by the removal of Oliver's Bravada tat-Russia and Felicity's collusion with hackers.

Fake hostage. Puhlease, didn't even have to issue binoculars for that one.

A spiritual journey while being tortured in jail by a sadist. I'll pass.

Why did Talia train Adrian again?  

(edited)

517 (Kapiushon) – No Oliver Queen voiceover intro.

517 (Kapiushon) - Adrian shoots arrows at Oliver:
(Oliver is chained up in a barred cell in a basement. There are pictures of people taped to one wall.)
Adrian: "Do you even remember their faces? These are your victims."
Oliver: "They were people who did terrible things. They had victims."
Adrian: "And husbands and wives, daughters, sons. Confess your secret, Oliver, and all this ends. I'll give you a gift, and you can walk out that door and go back home."
Oliver: "Adrian, you're sick. And you're a hypocrite. There is nothing that I've done that compares with you. You murdered your own wife."
Adrian: "Cecil Adams. You knew him by his street name, the Count. (Sighs) You put three arrows in him."
Oliver: "He was gonna kill a friend of mine."
Adrian: "Felicity Smoak."
Oliver: "Yeah."
Adrian: "Confess or you get the same three arrows."
Oliver: "Go to hell."
Adrian: "I've already been there, Oliver, and I've come back with a message for you." (Shoots arrows, with one arrow hitting Oliver in the shoulder)

517 (Kapiushon) - Adrian threatens Oliver with the safety of Felicity and his son:
(Adrian pulls the arrow out of Oliver's shoulder.)
Oliver: "Agh! Unh! What's next?"
Adrian: "You said something when I brought you here... about how your friends are your strength now. (Shows Oliver a pair of Felicity's glasses) She didn't even know I was in her apartment."
Oliver: "Oh, I swear to God, if you hurt her."
Adrian: "You'll do absolutely nothing because you're here. You see, until you confess your secret, Oliver, everyone that you love is at play, even your son."
Oliver: "You're bluffing. He - he's in hiding. I - I - I don't even know where he is."
Adrian: "'Cause you haven't really looked. But for me, we both know it's just a matter of time. Confess."
Oliver: "I don't know what you want me to say."
Adrian: "Then I guess I should leave you here to think about it and wonder who I might kill while I'm gone."
Oliver: "Adrian! Adrian, please."
Adrian: "All you have to do is say the words."
Oliver: "I - I -"
Adrian: "That's what I thought. See you soon."

517 (Kapiushon) - Adrian finally gets Oliver to confess that he liked killing:
Adrian: "You killed my father because he was a name on a list, but that's not really true, is it? No."
Adrian: "The list was just an excuse. The list, the Hood, the disguise, just an excuse - the idea that all this is just some heroic crusade, it's just an excuse."
Oliver (shouting): "Excuse for what? What? Tell me!"
Adrian (shouting): "You tell me, Oliver! You tell me."
Adrian: "I know what's going through your mind, Oliver. You're thinking you can get yourself free from those chains, slam me to the ground and snap my neck, just like I did to Evelyn. (Oliver struggles against his chains) There it is. There's the look I've been waiting to see. But it's not just about stopping me, is it? No. There's something else in there. Confess, Oliver."
(Cut to flashback scene.)
EGjb4fIVAAAvIZC.jpg

EGjb4fIUUAIrYGv.jpg

(Cut back to present day.)
Adrian: "You've told yourself you kill because you have to. Confess, Oliver. You don't kill because you have to. So why? Why do you do it?"
Oliver: (softly) "Because I wanted to."
Adrian: "What?"
Oliver: "I wanted to. (Shouting) I wanted to! And I liked it."
Adrian: "How's it feel knowing that I saw the one thing you couldn't admit to yourself?"
Evelyn (getting up off the floor, very much alive): "I knew he'd break. Just like you said he would."
Adrian: "It's because I know him better than he even knows himself. Give us a moment alone, would you?"
(Evelyn leaves the cell.)
Adrian: "I told you, Oliver. You infect every life you touch. And now do you realize why? It's because your crusade was based on a lie. You used your father's memory to justify a killing spree. There's a price to be paid for that, Oliver. Your mother paid it. Your friend Tommy paid it. Laurel. Do you really want to tell me that John Diggle and Felicity Smoak's lives are better having known you?"
Oliver: "You promised to let me go."
Adrian: "And I'm a man of my word. But first I have a gift for you. (Sighs) This tattoo of yours. To be an American and named a captain in the Bratva, you must have done something extraordinary. When you look at it, it must - it must remind you of such a victory. Now, when you look at it, you'll think about our time here together and the secret that you confessed to me."
Oliver: "Whatever pain I caused you, I'm sorry."
Adrian: "I believe you, Oliver. I just don't care." (Uses small blowtorch on the Bratva tattoo on Oliver's chest.)

517 (Kapiushon) – After Oliver is freed by Adrian Chase (AKA Simon Morrison, AKA Prometheus), he returns to the Arrow Bunker:
Diggle: “How much longer?”
Felicity: “How much longer? We literally have to re-route the electrical digital optical imaging from every reconnaissance satellite I can gain access to.”
Curtis: “Then we have to capture data in a 4-dimensional array, which could then be parsed using a real-time algorithm. Basically, solving cold fusion would’ve been easier.”
Diggle: “Okay. Sorry. We’ve just been at this for so long, I don’t know which way is up. And Oliver’s been gone for 6 days. And –“
Felicity: “And what?”
(Oliver slowly enters the Arrow Bunker. He is shirtless, bruised, bloodied and injured.)
Felicity: “Oliver? Oh, my God.”
Curtis: “Oliver?”
Oliver: “Chase had me… and he let me go.”
Diggle: “Go slow, man.”
Oliver: “It’s over.”
Diggle: “Oliver, we’re gonna get this son of a bitch for whatever he did to you.”
Oliver (shaking head): “John, it’s – it’s over for me. I don’t want to do this anymore. I’m shutting everything down.”

Edited by tv echo