Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Force of Eagle's Claw

The Hippies are a bunch of ingrates and hypocrites...they want to run around kidnapping M.K. and others like him...take protection from Quinn...get pissed off and sanctimonious when one of their own kills in self defense...

• Love 2

Yeah, I think we are really supposed to hate the hippies.  This is a show where there are more scenes of choreographed violence then dialogue.  "How dare you defend us instead of letting your father be murdered and a women be brutally raped"?

Then she actually went to her son to defend these total wastes of oxygen.  I was with Ryder, if that is their belief then let them die.  I would not waste precious resources defending them.

• Love 3

I thought this was such a mediocre episode that I can't find much good or bad say to about it. I do feel sorry for Vail and her baby forced to rely on crazy Quinn so that is something.

• Love 3

When Bajie explained to Sunny that the wall was here long before the barons and their whole society existed, my mind went: so Trump builds the wall, destroys just about all the science, nukes the world, and then we get the world of Into the Badlands. Just kidding, I hope.

I was happy to see Sunny get a bit of a haircut even though it was by nearly getting shoved into that gigantic fan. Get him a bath, a shave, and an outfit change, stat! I don't even care how or whether it makes any sense.

The show still comes to a grinding halt any time MK is on screen. The evil version of him in that vision quest or whatever was almost kind of interesting, though. Can he just be in evil twin mode all the time? I'm tired of watching him be all whiny and mopey.

Lydia kicked ass! When did she learn how to fight? Maybe in her younger days when she met Quinn?

Ryder's "I'm the baron!" snit fit reminds me of Joffrey yelling "I am the king!" on Game of Thrones. Too bad there's no one around to tell him "any man who must say 'I am the king' is no true king."

• Love 6

Canadian here! So at least half of America and part of Canada, too. Kind of figured a lot of people would have the same idea. The jokes are flying everywhere. On the other hand, if this is supposed to be a hundred years from now, it must have been built by somebody else, because a Trump wall would have collapsed into ruins long before this, no way would it have been built to withstand the test of time and the ravages of the apocalypse like this Badlands wall. Hee!

• Love 3
19 hours ago, paigow said:

The Hippies are a bunch of ingrates and hypocrites...they want to run around kidnapping M.K. and others like him...take protection from Quinn...get pissed off and sanctimonious when one of their own kills in self defense...

I don't recall the hippies kidnapping MK -- are you confusing them with the Buddhists?

A pacifist society (like the "hippies") in the midst of so much violence and chaos would be interesting.  Quinn probably protected them {a} because he kept Nomads out of his territory in general and {b} to protect Lydia's dad.  I think they would have scrambled to find another place (with the Widow perhaps) as soon as Quinn was gone. 

But the Amish and the Quakers would have kicked Lydia out as well -- either you believe in non-violence or you don't. 

Edited by jhlipton

It was so obvious that something bad was going to down at the wedding.  Like Game of Thrones, nothing good ever comes out of weddings on a show like this!  Glad to see Lydia/Orla Brady get to be a bit of a badass this go around.  Too bad she is getting no love from either Ryder or her ungrateful dad and his merry band of hippies.  Lance Henrikesen is quite an interesting choice as the leader of a gang of Pacifists.

Yay, Waldo is back!  Stephen Lang is awesome and believable as someone in a wheelchair, who could kick anyone else's ass without breaking into a sweat.  Glad he's working with the Widow and is afraid to give the harsh lessons to Tilda either.

Sunny and Bajie/Nick Frost have already broken out of prison, but now Sunny is stuck with him, since there is a big ass wall separating him from the Badlands, and only Bajie seems to have an idea how to get around/over it!

Already bored with the stuff involving M.K.

Quinn has somehow got even more unhinged, while Marton Csokas has somehow gotten even hammier, which I didn't think was possible.  Hope Veil gets out of this predicament soon.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, jhlipton said:

I don't recall the hippies kidnapping MK -- are you confusing them with the Buddhists?

I thought Lydia's father was tracking MK last season, all worried about another mutant / disturbance in the force... 

I think the Monks are a different group than Lydia's dad's Totemists.

Speaking of, Lydia was awesome defending the others (despite her making a speech about herself at someone else's wedding; bad form, Lydia), but I despise the 'we should be thanking you for saving our miserable hides, but we won't because reasons' trope in stories.  Then Lydia compounds it by going to her son, Baron Poutmaster McPoutyPout (Because Oliver Stark has no other facial expressions; angry pouting, frustrated pouting, smug pouting, I-am-creeping-with-my-dad's-fiance pouting, ect; for all the crap MK's actor gets, Ryder's actor should as well)

I'm happy they didn't drag out Sunny's imprisonment in the mines.  Going through an entire season waiting for a lead to reunite with the rest of the main cast leads to padding and a lack of satisfying resolution (coughPennyDreadfulcough).  I think the point of Nick Frost's Baije is to keep the scenes of Sunny journeying back active with dialogue (Let's be honest, if Sunny escaped alone, it would have been very, very silent).  Baije can be annoying, but I liked Frost in Hot Fuzz and it seems the character has plot-purpose.

Just once I'd like to see a tale where the young apprentice (in this case MK) just stops and sits and listens to what the master has to say.  I don't mind the monastery scenes because I kinda want to understand why MK has this ability and how it came to be.  The other guy given a name there (Tate) fled the monks, and I think that plot point might come back.

I think Waldo is playing the Widow, and possibly everyone else he comes into contact with, but I can't get a clear picture of his endgame by doing so.

Hammy, yes, but Martin Csokas' Quinn definitely brings the party with him.  I am waiting for him to smack the Perma-Pout off of his son's face.

• Love 3
On 3/29/2017 at 7:14 AM, Wanderdown said:

Then Lydia compounds it by going to her son, Baron Poutmaster McPoutyPout (Because Oliver Stark has no other facial expressions; angry pouting, frustrated pouting, smug pouting, I-am-creeping-with-my-dad's-fiance pouting, ect; for all the crap MK's actor gets, Ryder's actor should as well)

Baron Poutmaster McPoutyPout! Love this nickname for him. 

Bored by M.K.'s story...I've seen that trope too many times now for it to be interesting. Just explain his powers and get on with it already.

I don't understand why Veil saved Quinn's life. Quinn ordered Veil's parents killed and Veil knows it. She also knows that Quinn is not a good guy. She easily could have let him die. And I thought last season he was dying of cancer or something anyway, and only had weeks left to live. How is he still alive at all? Veil and Sunny's baby is pretty adorable. 

I liked to see Lydia kicking ass, even if she got no appreciation for it, and The Widow and Waldo plotting.

• Love 2
On 3/29/2017 at 7:14 AM, Wanderdown said:

I-am-creeping-with-my-dad's-fiance

Wasn't Jade Ryder's fiance before Beardy the Magnificent took her?  I don't get why he doesn't see her a "damaged goods" in this patriarchal society.

9 hours ago, KaleyFirefly said:

I don't understand why Veil saved Quinn's life. Quinn ordered Veil's parents killed and Veil knows it. She also knows that Quinn is not a good guy. She easily could have let him die.

The original escape plan needed Quinn alive as a distraction for the other Barons....Veil was ready to kill him...but chose escape over revenge....

I think the Monks are a different group than Lydia's dad's Totemists.

I think that's true, but they also seem to be in communication? Didn't the Totemists send a messenger to the monks, which resulted in the monks coming to town in a pickup truck to grab MK? They definitely don't share all their beliefs, because the Totemists are pacifists and the Monks are Kung Fu Ass Kickers. Most likely the Totemists don't like the "special" kids wandering around because of the way they go crazy and kill people. J