Type keyword(s) to search

Preview Kim's Theory As To How The Paris Robbery Was Planned In A Scene From The Next Keeping Up With The Kardashians

• Start Topic

I watch waaay too many true crime and follow up prison confessional shows/documentaries, so on my couch-based expertise:  most crimes aren't very well thought out by the perpetrators.  This rag-tag gang made a ton of mistakes and were caught within months.  The Kardashian PR team is trying to make it look like these guys were a top-of-the-line crime syndicate, but they are really a bunch of low level, bungling moron thugs who follow social media.  This wasn't a well crafted heist.  They initially wanted cash and whatever random jewelry they could fence.  They took Kim's big $4M ring, but realized after the fact it would be too difficult to repurpose.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

I watch waaay too many true crime and follow up prison confessional shows/documentaries, so on my couch-based expertise:  most crimes aren't very well thought out by the perpetrators.  This rag-tag gang made a ton of mistakes and were caught within months.  The Kardashian PR team is trying to make it look like these guys were a top-of-the-line crime syndicate, but they are really a bunch of low level, bungling moron thugs who follow social media.  This wasn't a well crafted heist.  They initially wanted cash and whatever random jewelry they could fence.  They took Kim's big $4M ring, but realized after the fact it would be too difficult to repurpose.  

Mr Jadecorleone said the same thing when he first heard the news (he's former law enforcement). He said that most robberies are timed events so to speak in that its a quick in and out and anything that might fetch a buck and can be quickly grabbed will usually end up being taken.  If its something that was taken out of a safe (like in some of the robberies the Ks had in the past) and if nothing else was messed with, its a safe bet (pun intended) that it was an inside job. 

• Love 1

When the robbers were arrested I'm pretty sure it came out that Kim's limo driver in Paris tipped them off about her comings and goings. These guys messed up in some ways but they werent exactly amateurs which makes the blunders even dumber. At least 2 of them had a long history of diamond/jewelry theft and were being hunted by the police for a long time. 

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

When the robbers were arrested I'm pretty sure it came out that Kim's limo driver in Paris tipped them off about her comings and goings. These guys messed up in some ways but they werent exactly amateurs which makes the blunders even dumber. At least 2 of them had a long history of diamond/jewelry theft and were being hunted by the police for a long time. 

I think the limo driver was brought in for questioning and then released.  At any rate, I doubt Kim will be able to go into too much detail about the robbery since it is still an active case and the trial(s) haven't started yet.  I think a lot of what she will say is regurgitating what the media has speculated or walking us through her day up until the robbery or the immediate aftermath. 

The premiere only brought in 1.4M viewers, a significant drop even from Season 12's premiere.  Maybe the #s will go back up for Sunday's episode, but I think too much time has gone by since the robbery for much of a public interest on Kim's spin on this.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, jadecorleone said:

Mr Jadecorleone said the same thing when he first heard the news (he's former law enforcement). He said that most robberies are timed events so to speak in that its a quick in and out and anything that might fetch a buck and can be quickly grabbed will usually end up being taken.

That's why binding, gagging and forcing Kim into and out of the bathtub (I think a few times, based on an earlier report) didn't make any sense.  What a waste of time?  According to her initial report to the police, Kim called her bodyguard when she heard suspicious sounds, so I don't see how the robbers would have had time to do everything reported, and make a clean getaway, all before the bodyguard showed up.  Wouldn't the bodyguard have called the police immediately after Kim called him?  I get that report is a translation and a choppy one at that, but a lot doesn't add up here.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

That's why binding, gagging and forcing Kim into and out of the bathtub (I think a few times, based on an earlier report) didn't make any sense.  What a waste of time?  According to her initial report to the police, Kim called her bodyguard when she heard suspicious sounds, so I don't see how the robbers would have had time to do everything reported, and make a clean getaway, all before the bodyguard showed up.  Wouldn't the bodyguard have called the police immediately after Kim called him?  I get that report is a translation and a choppy one at that, but a lot doesn't add up here.

I thought it was her friend who was in the downstairs bedroom who called the bodyguard, not Kim. I'm not sure if the bodyguard called the police first or not.

E! is seriously pushing this robbery crap, I am sooooooo sick of seeing the commercial with Kim crying "I thought they were going to shoot me in the back". If they really wanted this to be a big thing, then they shouldn't have waited to start the new season. At this point, the story is old & over.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, GaT said:

I thought it was her friend who was in the downstairs bedroom who called the bodyguard, not Kim. I'm not sure if the bodyguard called the police first or not.

E! is seriously pushing this robbery crap, I am sooooooo sick of seeing the commercial with Kim crying "I thought they were going to shoot me in the back". If they really wanted this to be a big thing, then they shouldn't have waited to start the new season. At this point, the story is old & over.

It's a comedy.

• Love 3

There's a new clip where Kim says she called the bodyguard when she heard stomping up the stairs but the robbers slapped her phone away so maybe she didn't get finished dialing.  Oh, she also didn't know how to call the equivalent of 911 in France.  Considering how much time she spends there (don't they own that apartment?) that's kinda stupid. 

• Love 1