Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

11 (fun, but not super "awww" to me) and 20

I love the proposal. I think in that moment it  became clear to Lorelai just how invested Luke was, not only in her, but her daughter as well. He cared SO much about Rory, and totally had Lor's back. I think he realized he was someone she could count on forever. It's not my absolute favorite, but I definitely find it sweet.

1. Lorelai convinces voters to vote for Taylor

2. Luke is relieved when Lorelai thinks it was a really good kiss...and doesn't want to forget it.  

6. Luke gets emotional while looking over his dad's boat

8. Luke agrees that he was lost without Lorelai when she discovers a reggae CD in his truck...."you bet."  

10. Lorelai proposes to Luke.

12. Lane and Zach's awkward but sweet first date.

19. Luke winks at the end of the defense of their relationship at the town meeting

20. Lorelai is happy to have someone to blame now for things like her mother calling

22. Luke blurts out his plan to kidnap Rory and bring her back home and to her senses

23. Rory and Richard saunter off together after pranking Logan with engagement bit

25. Sookies' face when she realizes Luke and Lorelai really kissed. 

29. The way Richard and Emily begin to bond again, over the lost dog. 

We're still voting against two! My votes: 10 and 22 

19 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

10, 19 (because I honestly don't remember this one at all, heh)

It's easily missed, but once I saw it, I was floored. It was so adorable. Suffice to say, Luke does not have Lorelai's awkward wink problem. It's like three minutes before the end of Written in the Stars. Right after Luke puts down the charts.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, junienmomo said:

It's easily missed, but once I saw it, I was floored. It was so adorable. Suffice to say, Luke does not have Lorelai's awkward wink problem. It's like three minutes before the end of Written in the Stars. Right after Luke puts down the charts.

Awww, that is nice.  (Yes, I went directly to Netflix.)  I would never have noticed that!!

Awww, that is nice.  (Yes, I went directly to Netflix.)  I would never have noticed that!!

I never saw it either, went to Netflix and it is very sweet.  SP did a nice job with that - subtlety is not his strong suit but he nailed it.

33 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I never saw it either, went to Netflix and it is very sweet.  SP did a nice job with that - subtlety is not his strong suit but he nailed it.

Same!! Just went to watch it again. Very sweet! :)

2. Luke is relieved when Lorelai thinks it was a really good kiss...and doesn't want to forget it.  

8. Luke agrees that he was lost without Lorelai when she discovers a reggae CD in his truck...."you bet."  

12. Lane and Zach's awkward but sweet first date.

19. Luke winks at the end of the defense of their relationship at the town meeting

22. Luke blurts out his plan to kidnap Rory and bring her back home and to her senses

23. Rory and Richard saunter off together after pranking Logan with engagement bit

10 and 20 are history, and the next round is open! We're still voting against two...

My votes: 12 (So Zach kind of just assumes they're going to sleep together on their first date...?! Call me old-fashioned, and in some ways you'd be totally right to do so, but that kind of takes away a lot of the awwww-worthiness of these scenes for me. Even if I otherwise liked Zach---which I really, really don't :) and 22

19, 22

56 minutes ago, amensisterfriend said:

(So Zach kind of just assumes they're going to sleep together on their first date...?! Call me old-fashioned, and in some ways you'd be totally right to do so, but that kind of takes away a lot of the awwww-worthiness of these scenes for me. Even if I otherwise liked Zach---which I really, really don't :)

Was that on their first date?  I was thinking their first date was them sitting on the couch watching a movie and then Brian came in and sat down in between them (heh).

4 hours ago, Taryn74 said:

Was that on their first date?  I was thinking their first date was them sitting on the couch watching a movie and then Brian came in and sat down in between them (heh).

Yea, no....it wasn't their first date. It was later - a "special" date where he cooked and tossed rose petals around. 

Voting for 19, 25.

8 hours ago, Taryn74 said:

19, 22

They had been dating 3 months, Lane specified it when she figured out that is what he wanted.

Thanks for correcting me about Zach, guys! I still can't stand the guy, but at least now I have my facts straight...clearly it's been too long since I carefully watched S5 :) 12 and 22 are history, and the next round is open! This is the last time we'll vote against TWO...

22 minutes ago, amensisterfriend said:

Thanks for correcting me about Zach, guys! I still can't stand the guy, but at least now I have my facts straight...clearly it's been too long since I carefully watched S5 :) 

;)

25 - I think this scene is hilarious, especially the way Sookie brushes Kirk off after she realizes he really did see L/L kissing, but it's more LOL funny to me than 'awwww'.  It is sweet how invested she is, though.  

19 and 25 are history, and the next round is open. We're down to voting against just ONE. I'm away for the next couple of days, so someone else should feel free to take the reins until Sunday!