Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

Lulu, you know I have abandonment issues! ;) Seriously, thanks for letting me know, and have a great time! 

Meanwhile, 8 is history, and we're down to our final four:

1. Luke and Lorelai's dance.

2. Luke finding the last twelve eggs for Kirk.

5. Brian and Zach putting a shelf aside for Lane at their new apartment.

8. Jess thanks Luke for everything he's done for him.

I'm finding it impossible now. If I really have to choose I'll have to go with 2 just because I'm a sucker for Luke/Jess scenes and that scene was the start of Jess growing up and maturing. 

• Love 1

Aw, you silly wabbits! There are enough votes up preceding mine to vote in eight.

I get confused at the last three voting round. Somehow I think we are now voting for the winner, and not to eliminate.

So if we're voting against one, then I vote 2, crossing my fingers that there won't be a groundswell of support at the last minute for Kirk. We know he's not above a little dirty campaigning.

If we're voting  in favor of one, I vote eight. Let's give the Luke Jess relationship the win for once. 

Both 2 and 8 are my favorite moments of the series, with Jess going in the lake a close third.

• Love 1

I have to say at the beginning I was totally going for L/L's dance. I absolutely love that moment. However I am a sucker for Luke and Jess moments as well. And seeing as they don't have too many moments in the next seasons and Luke and Lorelai are likely to win other moments, I think I'll go for 8 to win.

A very worthy final two, IMO.  I'd be fine with either winning.  Luke/Jess is the other compelling love story that that reaches a turning point at the end of season 4.  But that waltz....magic...this coming from a L/L fan, of course.  I know everyone doesn't feel that way.  

So, 8 for elimination.

• Love 1

Just browsing episode titles these came to mind....

* Lorelai convinces voters to vote for Taylor

* Luke is relieved when Lorelai thinks it was a really good kiss...and doesn't want to forget it.  

*  Lorelai comes home after and emotionally exhausting day (dropping adulterous daughter at the airport) and enjoys flirting with Luke on the phone.

*  Lorelai and Rory thaw their tension with "bark and cheese" conversation on phone.

*  Logan leaves pics and gorilla mask for Rory after their stunt

*  Luke gets emotional while looking over his dad's boat

* Luke and Lorelai dance "spazzy" together

* Luke agrees that he was lost without Lorelai when she discovers a reggae CD in his truck...."you bet."  

* Paris and Nanny care for Doyle when he's sick.

* Loreali proposes to Luke.

• Love 1

Some really good ones! :) I've got a few.

1. Lane telling Mrs Kim that the band had broken up and Mrs Kim helps them organise a tour.

2. Lane and Zach's awkward but sweet first date.

3. Luke tells Lorelai about the time they met and shows her the horoscope.

4. Luke builds Lorelai an ice rink as he doesn't want her to be grumpy about snow like he is.

5. Luke being so proud of Lorelai over the Dragonfly getting into the magazine.

There are probably way more!

Edited by elang4
  • Love 1
  • Rory decides to jump after Logan's one less moment you haven't lived speech
  • Logan gives Rory the dress to maintain the integrity of the event
  • Logan comforts Rory after Dean breaks up with her
  • Luke winks at the end of the defense of their relationship at the town meeting
  • Lorelai is happy to have someone to blame now for things like her mother calling
  • Rory invites Logan to dance
  • Luke blurts out his plan to kidnap Rory and bring her back home and to her senses

I'm sure we've got all of them now. (NOT! ).   :-)

• Love 1

1. Sookies' face when she realizes Luke and Lorelai really kissed. 

2. Luke's "all in" speech at Maisie's. 

3. Sookie's "Norman Mailer, I'm pregnant!" discovery. 

4. When Paris and Doyle realize they're right for each other at speed dating. 

5. The way Richard and Emily begin to bond again, over the lost dog. 

6. The moment Luke and Lorelai share backstage during Fiddler on the Roof. 

• Love 1

1. Lorelai convinces voters to vote for Taylor

2. Luke is relieved when Lorelai thinks it was a really good kiss...and doesn't want to forget it.  

3. Lorelai comes home after and emotionally exhausting day (dropping adulterous daughter at the airport) and enjoys flirting with Luke on the phone.

4. Lorelai and Rory thaw their tension with "bark and cheese" conversation on phone.

5. Logan leaves pics and gorilla mask for Rory after their stunt

6. Luke gets emotional while looking over his dad's boat

7. Luke and Lorelai dance "spazzy" together

8. Luke agrees that he was lost without Lorelai when she discovers a reggae CD in his truck...."you bet."  

9. Paris and Nanny care for Doyle when he's sick.

10. Lorelai proposes to Luke.

11. Lane telling Mrs Kim that the band had broken up and Mrs Kim helps them organise a tour.

12. Lane and Zach's awkward but sweet first date.

13. Luke tells Lorelai about the time they met and shows her the horoscope.

14. Luke builds Lorelai an ice rink as he doesn't want her to be grumpy about snow like he is.

15. Luke being so proud of Lorelai over the Dragonfly getting into the magazine.

16. Rory decides to jump after Logan's one less moment you haven't lived speech

17. Logan gives Rory the dress to maintain the integrity of the event

18. Logan comforts Rory after Dean breaks up with her

19. Luke winks at the end of the defense of their relationship at the town meeting

20. Lorelai is happy to have someone to blame now for things like her mother calling

21. Rory invites Logan to dance

22. Luke blurts out his plan to kidnap Rory and bring her back home and to her senses

23. Rory and Richard saunter off together after pranking Logan with engagement bit

24. Emily forgiving Lorelai relatively quickly for the article.

25. Sookies' face when she realizes Luke and Lorelai really kissed. 

26. Luke's "all in" speech at Maisie's. 

27. Sookie's "Norman Mailer, I'm pregnant!" discovery. 

28. When Paris and Doyle realize they're right for each other at speed dating. 

29. The way Richard and Emily begin to bond again, over the lost dog. 

30. The moment Luke and Lorelai share backstage during Fiddler on the Roof. 

31. Lorelai stopping Luke getting fined for parking his boat out on the road even though they are broken up at the time.

32. Lorelai calls Rory saying "I'm sorry" over and over just as Emily shows up at Asher's wake.  

33. Logan's instinct is to confront his father for belittling Rory, but instead they share a long hug following Rory's foray into criminal activity 

34. Lorelai and Rory excitedly, gratefully reunite and hug after Rory returns from Europe

(RANDOM OBSERVATION: For all the understandable heat that Lorelai gets for certain aspects of her personality, one thing that stands out about her to me as we compose these lists is that she's really a very forgiving woman---more so than I would be and more than she usually gets credit for :)) 

You guys have outdone yourselves this time, coming up with arguably one of our best lists ever!!! Even someone as generally ambivalent about S5 as I am now feels inspired to rewatch large portions of that season.  Did I repeat any? Exclude any? Screw up the numbering? Any and all of the above are highly possible with me, so just let me know. Meanwhile, feel free to start voting against THREE! 

17 (An nice moment but not particular an awww moment for me), 27 (Again not particularly an awww moment) and 32 (Same reason! :P)

I have to say this is the first time I've found it nearly impossible in the first round. Lots of really sweet moments! :)

17, 26 (I know we're supposed to think it's sweet, but this scene makes me cringe---I don't know whether it's SP's delivery or the way LG, to me, looks mortified and deeply uncomfortable by his declaration rather than touched) and 32 (more mildly funny than awwww-worthy to me!)