Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

Getting us started on our S2 list: 

Richard flips out over Dean and his homemade car (Sadie Sadie)

Richard gets playful and frisky with Emily during the carriage ride (Bracebridge)

Richard explains why he didn't tell Emily sooner about his retirement (Bracebridge) 

Richard urges Lorelai to order grapefruit at Luke's (Richard in SH) 

Richard, after pretending he had a lovely day, sits alone in his office and contemplates the state of his life (Richard in Stars Hollow)

Richard bonds with Paris and gets increasingly psyched about their school project (Back in the Saddle Again)

Richard announces he's going into business for himself (Back in the Saddle Again)

Richard and Emily display a moment of pure pride as Lorelai crosses the stage to get her diploma (Lorelai's Graduation Day)

Can we add two from the same episode?

Absolutely! As you can see from the ones I listed above, you can list as many per episode as you'd like :) 

Richard flips out over Dean and his homemade car (Sadie Sadie)
Richard gets playful and frisky with Emily during the carriage ride (Bracebridge)
Richard explains why he didn't tell Emily sooner about his retirement (Bracebridge)
Richard urges Lorelai to order grapefruit at Luke's (Richard in SH)
Richard, after pretending he had a lovely day, sits alone in his office and contemplates the state of his life (Richard in Stars Hollow)
Richard bonds with Paris and gets increasingly psyched about their school project (Back in the Saddle Again)
Richard announces he's going into business for himself (Back in the Saddle Again)
Richard and Emily display a moment of pure pride as Lorelai crosses the stage to get her diploma (Lorelai's Graduation Day)

Richard shopping for office supplies with Lorelai's (Help Wanted)
Richard admitting his new secretary is no "Margie", even though he really means she is no Lorelai  (Help Wanted)

Richard tells the funny story about being in Prague and surprises Emily with the retirement news. Bracebridge

Lorelai and Richard sit at the kitchen table reading the newspaper together. Richard in Stars Hollow

Richard is worried about the fight he had with Rory. It was their first one and he did not care for it. -Hammers and Veils

Richard and Emily argue about Richard missing their social engagements as of late. -Presenting Lorelai Gilmore

Richard and Emily cause a scene at Rory's Debutante Ball. -Presenting Lorelai Gilmore

Richard tries to be the voice of reason as Emily has a melt-down about Sherry. -It Should've Been Lorelai

Richard hands Lorelai an envelope after her graduation and tells her to do something fun with it. -Lorelai's Graduation Day

9. Seeing how upset Emily is, a hospitalized Richard gently says "Yes Emily. You may go first." (Forgiveness and Stuff) is our triumphant victor! 

Here's the updated list of our S2 Richard moments. Feel free to add any additional ones that spring to mind! Otherwise, feel free to start voting against two :) 

1. Richard flips out over Dean and his homemade car (Sadie Sadie)
2. Richard gets playful and frisky with Emily during the carriage ride (Bracebridge)
3. Richard explains why he didn't tell Emily sooner about his retirement (Bracebridge)
4. Richard urges Lorelai to order grapefruit at Luke's (Richard in SH)
5. Richard, after pretending he had a lovely day, sits alone in his office and contemplates the state of his life (Richard in Stars Hollow)
6. Richard bonds with Paris and gets increasingly psyched about their school project (Back in the Saddle Again)
7. Richard announces he's going into business for himself (Back in the Saddle Again)
8. Richard and Emily display a moment of pure pride as Lorelai crosses the stage to get her diploma (Lorelai's Graduation Day)
9. Richard shopping for office supplies with Lorelai's (Help Wanted)
10. Richard admitting his new secretary is no "Margie", even though he really means she is no Lorelai  (Help Wanted)
11. Richard tells the funny story about being in Prague and surprises Emily with the retirement news. Bracebridge
12. Lorelai and Richard sit at the kitchen table reading the newspaper together. Richard in Stars Hollow
13. Richard is worried about the fight he had with Rory. It was their first one and he did not care for it. -Hammers and Veils
14. Richard and Emily argue about Richard missing their social engagements as of late. -Presenting Lorelai Gilmore
15. Richard and Emily cause a scene at Rory's Debutante Ball. -Presenting Lorelai Gilmore
16. Richard tries to be the voice of reason as Emily has a meltdown about Sherry. -It Should've Been Lorelai
17. Richard hands Lorelai an envelope after her graduation and tells her to do something fun with it. -Lorelai's Graduation Day

2. Richard gets playful and frisky with Emily during the carriage ride (Bracebridge)
3. Richard explains why he didn't tell Emily sooner about his retirement (Bracebridge)
4. Richard urges Lorelai to order grapefruit at Luke's (Richard in SH)
5. Richard, after pretending he had a lovely day, sits alone in his office and contemplates the state of his life (Richard in Stars Hollow)
6. Richard bonds with Paris and gets increasingly psyched about their school project (Back in the Saddle Again)
7. Richard announces he's going into business for himself (Back in the Saddle Again)
8. Richard and Emily display a moment of pure pride as Lorelai crosses the stage to get her diploma (Lorelai's Graduation Day)
10. Richard admitting his new secretary is no "Margie", even though he really means she is no Lorelai  (Help Wanted)
11. Richard tells the funny story about being in Prague and surprises Emily with the retirement news. Bracebridge
12. Lorelai and Richard sit at the kitchen table reading the newspaper together. Richard in Stars Hollow
13. Richard is worried about the fight he had with Rory. It was their first one and he did not care for it. -Hammers and Veils
14. Richard and Emily argue about Richard missing their social engagements as of late. -Presenting Lorelai Gilmore
17. Richard hands Lorelai an envelope after her graduation and tells her to do something fun with it. -Lorelai's Graduation Day

15 and 16 are gone, and the next round is open! 

My votes: 1 (I just can't with the Richard/Dean stuff...actually, this whole episodes really grates on me!) and 14 

4 is gone as well, and the next round is open! We're still voting against two...and this is already hard :) 

My votes: 1 and 9 

The only thing I do like about 1 is that I was on Richard's side and thought Lorelai was the one being ridiculous.  If my 16 yo daughter's 16 yo boyfriend of just a few months had built her a car I wouldn't be standing there grinning like a loon.  I'd be like "Aw, that's sweet.  Now let's go get this thing checked out thoroughly before you put a toenail in it."

• Love 1

I'll go for (against?!) 1 and 9 as well, so our next round is open!  We're still voting against two... 

5 and 12 are gone, and the next round is open! 5 was so poignant for me that I couldn't bring myself to vote against it...but I get that it isn't exactly an uplifting moment :) 

We're still voting against two!