Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

1. Luke comes by to help Lorelai prepare for Rory's departure and tells her about his surprise marriage and subsequent divorce (B&B)
2. Luke sees through Lorelai's amusingly lame anecdote about the 'special' jam, at which point Lorelai explains that no gift was good enough for him (B&B)
3. Luke wishes Rory luck at Yale and gives her her pre-college breakfast on the house before fighting with Lorelai over his 'sexist' truck (TLFDAY)
4. Mattress conversation/" I recognize that tree"---(TLFDAY)
5. Luke tells Lorelai about his move in experience with "Chip" and then generously gives her his truck for an even longer time so she can go back to Rory
6. Luke tells Lorelai his thoguhts on fate: "LUKE: There is no fate, there is no destiny, there is no luck. Astrology is ridiculous. Tarot cards tell you nothing. You cannot read a palm. Tea leaves make tea and nothing else. Jim Morrison is not hanging out with Elvis, and the Kennedys did not kill Marilyn." (Interesting comment about astrology given what we learn in S5 re that horoscope ::) (Chicken or Beef)
7. Luke immediately agrees to give Taylor the ice cream truck when Lorelai asks (CoB)
8. Lorelai invites Luke over to watch some of the zillion movies he hasn't seen (Luke: "Sure, what else have I got to do?" Lorelai: "Ah, I love when men say that to me.") (The Fundamental Things Apply)
9. Luke helps Lorelai with advice for Rory, who's enduring a horrible date, and talks about knowing in his gut when he's comfortable with someone (TFTA)
10. Lorelai covers Luke with a blanket as she and Rory agree that he looks "comfortable" (TFTA)
11. Lorelai and Luke talk about Kirk's upcoming date with Lulu: "I mean, it's all any of us wants - to find a nice person to hang out with 'til we drop dead. Not a lot to ask." (AATR)
12. Lorelai and Luke spar over his not telling her that he's dating Nicole again and how divorcing Nicole is too big a "hassle": "And hey, if it's too big a hassle to get rid of my body after I die of starvation, just leave it here to decompose all nice and quiet - no hassle." (Die, Jerk)
13. Lorelai and Luke decide to destroy those annoying bells together (In The Clamor and the Clangor)
14. Lorelai talks to an upset Luke about Jess's return (A Family Matter) "Okay. Try to get some rest, okay? Relax. Watch a little TV - no family shows…"
15. A drunk Luke insists on trying to fix Lorelai's window ("A handful of Barbie") (Nag Hammadi)
16. Luke comforts Lorelai during her meltdown and strokes her hair (The Incredible Shrinking Lorelais)
17. Lorelai bails Luke out of jail and offers comfort about 'the sock man' (Girls in Bikinis)
18. Luke offers a nervous Lorelai encouragement about the inn: "I already told you you can do this, and I already told you that I already told you you can do this." (Luke Can See Her face)
19. Luke invites Lorelai to "take a break" and come with him to the wedding (Luke Can See Her Face)
20. Luke begs Lorelai not to leave him alone with Crazy Carrie (Last Week Fights)
21. The Waltz (Last Week Fights)
22. Luke flips out about Jason and how he wa strying to do everything right (Raincoats and Recipes)
23. "Just stand still..." Luke and Lorelai finally kiss (Raincoats and Recipes)
24. Lorelai introduces Luke to Shel the poultry guy and they talk about dating ("At least you got married. At least you had a kid")
25. Luke gives Lorelai flowers At the test run.
26. Luke and Lorelai exchange glances over salad. (R&R)
27. Luke gives Lorelai the earrings from Liz (Nag Hammadi)

28. Luke and Lorelai do the write and slide on the napkin for the loan. (Scenes In A Mall)

Lulu, I think I covered the sock man thing in #17 :)

Fantastic additions, everyone! Feel free to start voting against the three you most want eliminated :0 

4 (I find the blathering about the mattress so over the top and annoying..but maybe that's because I've seen TLFDAY about 100 times and know it by heart!),

6 (Relentlessly negative, believes-in-nothing-and-mocks-you-for-liking-things Luke depresses me!)

As Lulu noted, this is hard already!  

6, 7 12

What about adding:

Luke asks Lorelai to go to a movie (LWFTWT)

Lorelai flips out when Luke tells her he moved in with Nicole (Clamor and Clangor)

Luke comes to the crapshack after the fight in the diner and takes back his his shovel (Clamor)

Also- Lorelai watches Luke watching Casablanca

Edited by nolieblue

6 is gone, but we have a three-way tie for those final two spots among 4, 8 and 12. Just vote for the two of those three that you most want eliminated! 

My votes: 4 and 8 (I think 12 is a moment of underrated, hilarious brilliance and is actually a pretty accurate description of Luke and Nicole's relationship!) 

1. Luke comes by to help Lorelai prepare for Rory's departure and tells her about his surprise marriage and subsequent divorce (B&B)
2. Luke sees through Lorelai's amusingly lame anecdote about the 'special' jam, at which point Lorelai explains that no gift was good enough for him (B&B)
3. Luke wishes Rory luck at Yale and gives her her pre-college breakfast on the house before fighting with Lorelai over his 'sexist' truck (TLFDAY)
5. Luke tells Lorelai about his move in experience with "Chip" and then generously gives her his truck for an even longer time so she can go back to Rory
7. Luke immediately agrees to give Taylor the ice cream truck when Lorelai asks (CoB)
9. Luke helps Lorelai with advice for Rory, who's enduring a horrible date, and talks about knowing in his gut when he's comfortable with someone (TFTA)
10. Lorelai covers Luke with a blanket as she and Rory agree that he looks "comfortable" (TFTA)
11. Lorelai and Luke talk about Kirk's upcoming date with Lulu: "I mean, it's all any of us wants - to find a nice person to hang out with 'til we drop dead. Not a lot to ask." (AATR)
13. Lorelai and Luke decide to destroy those annoying bells together (In The Clamor and the Clangor)
14. Lorelai talks to an upset Luke about Jess's return (A Family Matter) "Okay. Try to get some rest, okay? Relax. Watch a little TV - no family shows…"
15. A drunk Luke insists on trying to fix Lorelai's window ("A handful of Barbie") (Nag Hammadi)
16. Luke comforts Lorelai during her meltdown and strokes her hair (The Incredible Shrinking Lorelais)
17. Lorelai bails Luke out of jail and offers comfort about 'the sock man' (Girls in Bikinis)
18. Luke offers a nervous Lorelai encouragement about the inn: "I already told you you can do this, and I already told you that I already told you you can do this." (Luke Can See Her face)
19. Luke invites Lorelai to "take a break" and come with him to the wedding (Luke Can See Her Face)
20. Luke begs Lorelai not to leave him alone with Crazy Carrie (Last Week Fights)
22. Luke flips out about Jason and how he wa strying to do everything right (Raincoats and Recipes)
24. Lorelai introduces Luke to Shel the poultry guy and they talk about dating ("At least you got married. At least you had a kid")
28. Luke and Lorelai do the write and slide on the napkin for the loan. (Scenes In A Mall)

29. Luke asks Lorelai to go to a movie (LWFTWT)
30. Lorelai flips out when Luke tells her he moved in with Nicole (Clamor and Clangor)
31. Luke comes to the crapshack after the fight in the diner and takes back his his shovel (Clamor)

32. Lorelai watches Luke watching Casablanca (TFTA)

6, 8 and 12 are gone, and the next round is open! I've added in nolie's suggestions :) 

I'll go with 1 (it's a nice scene in and of itself, but Luke's drunken, impulsive marriage to Nicole is just so wildly out of character IMO, and I always struggled to see that those two even mildly LIKED each other!), and since 5 and 7 are eliminated anyway, I'll go with the flow. The next round is open, and we're still voting against three!

28. Luke and Lorelai do the write and slide on the napkin for the loan. (Scenes In A Mall)
30. Lorelai flips out when Luke tells her he moved in with Nicole (Clamor and Clangor)
31. Luke comes to the crapshack after the fight in the diner and takes back his his shovel (Clamor)

My votes: 4, 15 and 23 (I know...I know. I just hate how they're arguing right before it. It all felt more angry and can't-they-just-get-along-for-three-seconds rather than sweetly romantic or amusing to me. I wanted their first kiss to occur at a time when they connected and felt on the same wavelength, you know?!) 

Edited by amensisterfriend

3, 11 and 14 are gone, and the next round is open! We're still voting against three. 

4, 10 and 17 are gone, and the next round is open! (I love 10 so very much. I think it was among my top three! Oh, well...I'll use this as an excuse to rewatch TFTA for the 12 millionth time :) ) Let's make this a little less torturous by voting against just two, shall we?!

My votes: 15 and 22

2 is gone, but we have a three-way tie among 20, 22 and 32 for that final spot. Just vote for the one you most want eliminated! 

My vote: 22 (I actually kind of hate 22...my tastes tend to be really off from most people's during this round!) 

2 and 32 are gone, and the next round is open :) 

My votes: 15 and 22

She's just so childish sometimes.

Amen...sister friend :) I actually think 22 and 30, our two candidates for elimination, have that in common. 22 features Luke being childish, jealous, angry and petulant, and 30 features Lorelai acting the same way! People just tend to find Luke's anger, jealousy and petulance more amusing and charming than Lorelai's :) 

30 is gone as well, and the next round is open! My votes: 15 and 22