Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

I'll vote against 2 and 18, and those are now history.

3. Luke teases Lorelai about her "relationship" with Kirk (Haunted Leg)
6. Luke fixes Lorelai's shoe and awkwardly explains that maybe he would want kids...with the right person (TSG,DT)
8. Lorelai calmly informs Luke, who's proud of what close tabs he'll keep on Jess, that Jess and Rory are together right at that moment (LtGB)
9. When Lorelai sees that Luke is disappointed at the possibility of not having Thanksgiving with Lorelai and Rory, she pretends their plans just changed (ADFKT)
10. Jess indicates that Luke was waiting for Lorelai and Rory to arrive (ADFKT)
12. Lorelai sleeps over at Luke's ("dream tramp!") (Poes and Fire)
13. Luke is thrilled at Lorelai and Rory's news that she got accepted to all of her chosen colleges and shyly tells Lorelai about Jess getting Employee of the Month
14. Luke comes over to the CS to do Lorelai's list of chores in honor of her birthday (best gift EVER, by the way!)
16. Luke is among those totally NOT crying at Rory's graduation (TASP)
17. Luke dreams of Lorelai telling him not to go on that cruise with Nicole (TASP)
19. Luke tells Lorelai about his system of going upstairs to check on Rory and Jess (Swan Song)

My votes 3 and 12 (I just always feel like 12 could have been a million times better than it actually was!) 

6. Luke fixes Lorelai's shoe and awkwardly explains that maybe he would want kids...with the right person (TSG,DT)
8. Lorelai calmly informs Luke, who's proud of what close tabs he'll keep on Jess, that Jess and Rory are together right at that moment (LtGB)
9. When Lorelai sees that Luke is disappointed at the possibility of not having Thanksgiving with Lorelai and Rory, she pretends their plans just changed (ADFKT)
13. Luke is thrilled at Lorelai and Rory's news that she got accepted to all of her chosen colleges and shyly tells Lorelai about Jess getting Employee of the Month
14. Luke comes over to the CS to do Lorelai's list of chores in honor of her birthday (best gift EVER, by the way!)
17. Luke dreams of Lorelai telling him not to go on that cruise with Nicole (TASP)
19. Luke tells Lorelai about his system of going upstairs to check on Rory and Jess (Swan Song)

3 is gone as well, and the next round is open! 

My votes: 12 and 13

8 and 13 are gone, and the next round is open! 

My votes: 12 and 19

12 and 19 are history, and the next round is open! We're down to voting against just ONE:

And then there were four: 

Edited by amensisterfriend

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and the game. Does this mean that number 14 has won?

Sadly, I'm also new to the GG, having moved to Germany right as they started, and didn't discover it until amazon in Germany offered it on streaming video.

Since I started watching it in June, I've become quite obsessed. Streaming wasn't enough, so I got the DVDs and am now putting them on my home network so I can watch GG from anywhere in my house.

If I should vote, I'll choose to eliminate 16, because of the "blubbering" nonsense.

Welcome to the obsession, junienmomo! We always love to welcome new cult members---I mean, new fans :) 

16 is gone, and we're down to just three! Vote for the one of these there that you most want eliminated:

Our final two! 

9 has been eliminated, and 14. Luke comes over to the CS to do Lorelai's list of chores in honor of her birthday is our winner! 

Time to start listing S4 L/L moments :) 

1. Luke comes by to help Lorelai prepare for Rory's departure and tells her about his surprise marriage and subsequent divorce (B&B)

2. Luke sees through Lorelai's amusingly lame anecdote about the 'special' jam, at which point Lorelai explains that no gift was good enough for him (B&B) 

3. Luke wishes Rory luck at Yale and gives her her pre-college breakfast on the house before fighting with Lorelai over his 'sexist' truck (TLFDAY)

4. Luke tells Lorelai about his move in experience with "Chip" and then generously gives her his truck for an even longer time so she can go back to Rory 

5. Luke tells Lorelai his thoguhts on fate: "LUKE: There is no fate, there is no destiny, there is no luck. Astrology is ridiculous. Tarot cards tell you nothing. You cannot read a palm. Tea leaves make tea and nothing else. Jim Morrison is not hanging out with Elvis, and the Kennedys did not kill Marilyn." (Interesting comment about astrology given what we learn in S5 re that horoscope ::) (Chicken or Beef)

6. Luke immediately agrees to give Taylor the ice cream truck when Lorelai asks (CoB)

7. Lorelai invites Luke over to watch some of the zillion movies he hasn't seen (Luke: "Sure, what else have I got to do?" Lorelai: "Ah, I love when men say that to me.") (The Fundamental Things Apply)

8. Luke helps Lorelai with advice for Rory, who's enduring a horrible date, and talks about knowing in his gut when he's comfortable with someone (TFTA)

9. Lorelai covers Luke with a blanket as she and Rory agree that he looks "comfortable" (TFTA)

10. Lorelai and Luke talk about Kirk's upcoming date with Lulu: "I mean, it's all any of us wants - to find a nice person to hang out with 'til we drop dead. Not a lot to ask." (AATR)

11. Lorelai and Luke spar over his not telling her that he's dating Nicole again and how divorcing Nicole is too big a "hassle": "And hey, if it's too big a hassle to get rid of my body after I die of starvation, just leave it here to decompose all nice and quiet - no hassle." (Die, Jerk)

12. Lorelai and Luke decide to destroy those annoying bells together (In The Clamor and the Clangor)

13. Lorelai talks to an upset Luke about Jess's return (A Family Matter) "Okay. Try to get some rest, okay? Relax. Watch a little TV - no family shows…"

14. A drunk Luke insists on trying to fix Lorelai's window ("A handful of Barbie") (Nag Hammadi) 

15. Luke comforts Lorelai during her meltdown and strokes her hair (The Incredible Shrinking Lorelais)

16. Lorelai bails Luke out of jail and offers comfort about 'the sock man' (Girls in Bikinis) 

17. Luke offers a nervous Lorelai encouragement about the inn: "I already told you you can do this, and I already told you that I already told you you can do this." (Luke Can See Her face)

18. Luke invites Lorelai to "take a break" and come with him to the wedding (Luke Can See Her Face)

19. Luke begs Lorelai not to leave him alone with Crazy Carrie (Last Week Fights)

20. The Waltz (Last Week Fights)

21. Luke flips out about Jason and how he wa strying to do everything right (Raincoats and Recipes)

22. "Just stand still..." Luke and Lorelai finally kiss (Raincoats and Recipes) 

...I'm sure I left out a ton, so please add to the list when the mood strikes you! 

• Love 1

1. Luke comes by to help Lorelai prepare for Rory's departure and tells her about his surprise marriage and subsequent divorce (B&B)
2. Luke sees through Lorelai's amusingly lame anecdote about the 'special' jam, at which point Lorelai explains that no gift was good enough for him (B&B)
3. Luke wishes Rory luck at Yale and gives her her pre-college breakfast on the house before fighting with Lorelai over his 'sexist' truck (TLFDAY)

4. Mattress conversation/" I recognize that tree"---(TLFDAY)
5. Luke tells Lorelai about his move in experience with "Chip" and then generously gives her his truck for an even longer time so she can go back to Rory
6. Luke tells Lorelai his thoguhts on fate: "LUKE: There is no fate, there is no destiny, there is no luck. Astrology is ridiculous. Tarot cards tell you nothing. You cannot read a palm. Tea leaves make tea and nothing else. Jim Morrison is not hanging out with Elvis, and the Kennedys did not kill Marilyn." (Interesting comment about astrology given what we learn in S5 re that horoscope ::) (Chicken or Beef)
7. Luke immediately agrees to give Taylor the ice cream truck when Lorelai asks (CoB)
8. Lorelai invites Luke over to watch some of the zillion movies he hasn't seen (Luke: "Sure, what else have I got to do?" Lorelai: "Ah, I love when men say that to me.") (The Fundamental Things Apply)
9. Luke helps Lorelai with advice for Rory, who's enduring a horrible date, and talks about knowing in his gut when he's comfortable with someone (TFTA)
10. Lorelai covers Luke with a blanket as she and Rory agree that he looks "comfortable" (TFTA)
11. Lorelai and Luke talk about Kirk's upcoming date with Lulu: "I mean, it's all any of us wants - to find a nice person to hang out with 'til we drop dead. Not a lot to ask." (AATR)
12. Lorelai and Luke spar over his not telling her that he's dating Nicole again and how divorcing Nicole is too big a "hassle": "And hey, if it's too big a hassle to get rid of my body after I die of starvation, just leave it here to decompose all nice and quiet - no hassle." (Die, Jerk)
13. Lorelai and Luke decide to destroy those annoying bells together (In The Clamor and the Clangor)
14. Lorelai talks to an upset Luke about Jess's return (A Family Matter) "Okay. Try to get some rest, okay? Relax. Watch a little TV - no family shows…"
15. A drunk Luke insists on trying to fix Lorelai's window ("A handful of Barbie") (Nag Hammadi)
16. Luke comforts Lorelai during her meltdown and strokes her hair (The Incredible Shrinking Lorelais)
17. Lorelai bails Luke out of jail and offers comfort about 'the sock man' (Girls in Bikinis)
18. Luke offers a nervous Lorelai encouragement about the inn: "I already told you you can do this, and I already told you that I already told you you can do this." (Luke Can See Her face)
19. Luke invites Lorelai to "take a break" and come with him to the wedding (Luke Can See Her Face)
20. Luke begs Lorelai not to leave him alone with Crazy Carrie (Last Week Fights)
21. The Waltz (Last Week Fights)
22. Luke flips out about Jason and how he wa strying to do everything right (Raincoats and Recipes)
23. "Just stand still..." Luke and Lorelai finally kiss (Raincoats and Recipes)

Lorelai introduces Luke to Shel the poultry guy and they talk about dating ("At least you got married. At least you had a kid")

Luke gives Lorelai flowers At the test run.

Luke and Lorelai exchange glances over salad. (r&R)

Luke gives Lorelai the earrings from Liz (Nag Hammadi)