Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

35 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Since Taryn74 has done all of the heavy lifting on posting these with hilarious captions, I've done links to pictures of each objectionable outfit.  I will update as more come in.

That is awesome! Thank you so much!! Once we have all the nominees I can (hopefully) add the links to my posts so I can bring them over with each update. It won't C&P them from your post for me.

The 'What Not to Wear' GG Edition

1. Lorelai's not-so perfect wedding dress.  "I don't understand. How did this happen? This morning, you didn't know whether you were gonna wear a white dress or not." "I know. But then Sookie and I went to check out these invitations, you know, and right next door, there was this little bridal shop, and we thought, oh, we'll just go in, look around, you know no big deal, you know, just girl fun, right? And I went in, and I turned around, and there it was. The perfect dress." "The..." "The bodice is this blush-coloured silk tulle, and it has all these little crystal beads on it, and the skirt is a blush silk tulle with a blush silk/satin lining, and the back goes into a train. And, oh, it has a cream, satin sash, so you get a little white in there, which I know is very important to you. I tried it on, and it fit me perfectly, and it was on sale, and so I bought it. And from the minute I bought the dress, everything else fell into place." (The Perfect Dress)

2. It's Rory's first day at Chilton but all of Lorelai's clothes are at the cleaners.  "What?" "Nothing. I just didn't know the rodeo was in town." (The Lorelais' First Day at Chilton)

3. Rory goes golfing with Richard.  "What's with the hat?" "Grandma gave it to me." "Oh, now, that's just mean." "It's not that bad." "Do you want a mirror?"  (Kill Me Now)

4. Lorelai accidentally wears something from the town rummage sale that used to belong to Rachel (before Lorelai knew Rachel existed and apparently before ASP knew Rachel would be a classic beauty and not.....whatever that was). "What the hell do you think you’re wearing?"  (Concert Interruptus)

5. Lorelai is wearing bizarrely patterned shirt while on the phone with Rory, they are discussing Rory thinking Laundry Guy was talking about her asking him out. The bells are mysteriously no longer working. "How self-centered am I that I just assumed that he was talking about me?" "Well, I would have assumed the same thing, so, incredibly self-centered. "  (In the Clamor and the Clangor)

6. Lorelai wears a hat it looks like she dug out of Michael Jackson's trash when she goes to ask Luke to help her break the bells. They continue to argue over Luke moving in with Nicole. "You know, I was a little tipsy on that cruise ship, but I don't remember anyone pronouncing us husband and wife and Lorelai."  (In the Clamor and the Clangor)

7.  Sookie wears a maternity top with awkwardly-placed daisies. She comes over to Lorelai's at 1am, freaking out that the baby is never coming out.  "Ooh! That Andrew. I hate that he was right, that pasty-faced bastard!"  (The Festival of Living Art)

8.  Lane wears a knit cap with double pom-poms while she and Rory go shop for new makeup for the latest Korean bride. "Oh, I found the Mrs. Kim-approved makeup in the drawer, but let me tell you, since the last wedding, it has developed a smell."  (Lorelai Out of Water)

9.  Lorelai buys a ridiculous get-up to go fishing with Alex. But first, Luke has to come teach her to fish. "Hello, sailor, bait your hook for you?" "You look ridiculous." "I look adorable. No one ever told me that if you fish, you get to buy an outfit. I’ll do just about anything if I can buy an outfit."  (Lorelai Out of Water)

10.  Lorelai and Rory are bridesmaids in Sookie's wedding. "Oh hey, while we’re on the subject, um, bridesmaids outfits?" "Ooh, I’m way ahead of you. I’ve already got a couple of ideas." "Is one of them having me design and make them so I don’t secretly hate what you pick and then harbor a secret grudge against you for the rest of our lives?" "It is now."  (I Can't Get Started)

11.  Lorelai is the Maid of Honor at her parents' vow renewal.  "Why are you nervous?" "I'm getting married!" "For the second time. Mom, it's a pretend wedding. J.Lo has them all the time."  (Wedding Bell Blues)

12.  Miss Celine picks out the stuffiest old-lady dress suit possible for Emily to wear to Rory's graduation from Chilton.  "Oh, you cannot wear green around grass. I learned that from Tova Borgnine the hard way. Go try the red one on. Red goes wonderful with nature."  (Here Comes the Son)

13.  Lorelai alters the dresses Emily bought for her and Rory to wear to Rory's birthday party at the elder Gilmore's.  "What is that?" "Uh, that's my dress." "Where's the one I bought you?" "This is it." "I thought there was more of it."  (Rory's Birthday Parties)

14.  Lorelai is wearing an orange, gold, and fuchsia patterned top when she stops in at Luke's after Rory and Lane's doomed double date.  "Yeah, if fact you rushed out of here before I had a chance to -- " "A chance to....?" " "Kick your ass in poker." "You wish."  (Double Date)

15.  Rory finalizes plans for the USO-themed charity event during dinner with the grandparents. She's wearing a tan sweater and button-up shirt about twenty years too old for her.  "Partitions?" "For the room." "But we won't have any room. We're sold out."  (We've Got Magic to Do)

16.  Shira Huntzberger wears something a bit inappropriate for her station to the charity event.  "Now let's talk about your money. You were a two-bit gold digger, fresh off the bus from Hicksville when you met Mitchum at whatever bar you happened to stumble into. And what made Mitchum decide to choose you to marry amongst the pack of women he was bedding at the time, I'll never know. But hats off to you for bagging him. He's still a playboy, you know? Well, of course you know. That would explain why your weight goes up and down 30 pounds every other month."  (We've Got Magic to Do)

17.  Lorelai wears a skin-tight purple dress with sleeves that completely cover her hands to the Doublemint Twins' wedding.  "Sister Sledge! Excuse me."  (Kill Me Now)

18.  Jackson's Bracebridge Squire attire.  "Lo! Now has come our joyfullest feast. Let every man be jolly."  (Bracebridge Dinner)

19.  Lulu is sick so Kirk has to wear her dress to be the alluring lady for the new Reenactment.  "Is that your dress?" "Yeah. I made it to Lulu’s specifications. Did she get bonier all of a sudden?" "And taller?"  (Women of Questionable Morals)

20.  The elder Gilmores throw a Male Yale party for Rory. Emily makes her dress like a princess complete with a tiara.  "The party is very nice, Grandma. I was just wondering, do your alumni friends have any daughters?" "Daughters? What do you mean?" "Well, I was just noticing that there are a lot of boys here but not that many girls." "Really? I hadn't noticed. Did you notice, Emily?" "Why no, I haven't. Huh, well. I will have to pay more attention to the guest list next time, won't I, Richard?"  (The Party's Over)

21.  Lorelai's dress when she confronts her parents about Rory moving out. It's a bit....open in the front.  "Dad was reading the paper, he had to go, so I said I’d make it quick, and we sat here, and we talked about how we were going to stick together and convince Rory to go back to school! That did happen, right? I mean, I’m not completely whacko." "Yes, it did happen." "I mean, obviously I’m a little whacko, because I came here for help in the first place, but I’m not totally delusional!"  (A House is Not a Home)

22.  Gran and her friends dress like they're fresh out of a Victorian-era painting for the meeting of their Bitter Old Biddies club.  "Lorelai, wonderful. We all need a break for a moment. Come meet my friends. Emily, we were waiting for iced tea or am I imagining things?" "It’s on its way, Mom." "So is death."  (Face-Off)

Edited by Taryn74

The 'What Not to Wear' GG Edition

1. Lorelai's not-so perfect wedding dress.  "I don't understand. How did this happen? This morning, you didn't know whether you were gonna wear a white dress or not." "I know. But then Sookie and I went to check out these invitations, you know, and right next door, there was this little bridal shop, and we thought, oh, we'll just go in, look around, you know no big deal, you know, just girl fun, right? And I went in, and I turned around, and there it was. The perfect dress." "The..." "The bodice is this blush-coloured silk tulle, and it has all these little crystal beads on it, and the skirt is a blush silk tulle with a blush silk/satin lining, and the back goes into a train. And, oh, it has a cream, satin sash, so you get a little white in there, which I know is very important to you. I tried it on, and it fit me perfectly, and it was on sale, and so I bought it. And from the minute I bought the dress, everything else fell into place." (The Perfect Dress)

2. It's Rory's first day at Chilton but all of Lorelai's clothes are at the cleaners.  "What?" "Nothing. I just didn't know the rodeo was in town." (The Lorelais' First Day at Chilton)

3. Rory goes golfing with Richard.  "What's with the hat?" "Grandma gave it to me." "Oh, now, that's just mean." "It's not that bad." "Do you want a mirror?"  (Kill Me Now)

4. Lorelai accidentally wears something from the town rummage sale that used to belong to Rachel (before Lorelai knew Rachel existed and apparently before ASP knew Rachel would be a classic beauty and not.....whatever that was). "What the hell do you think you’re wearing?"  (Concert Interruptus)

5. Lorelai is wearing bizarrely patterned shirt while on the phone with Rory, they are discussing Rory thinking Laundry Guy was talking about her asking him out. The bells are mysteriously no longer working. "How self-centered am I that I just assumed that he was talking about me?" "Well, I would have assumed the same thing, so, incredibly self-centered. "  (In the Clamor and the Clangor)

6. Lorelai wears a hat it looks like she dug out of Michael Jackson's trash when she goes to ask Luke to help her break the bells. They continue to argue over Luke moving in with Nicole. "You know, I was a little tipsy on that cruise ship, but I don't remember anyone pronouncing us husband and wife and Lorelai."  (In the Clamor and the Clangor)

7.  Sookie wears a maternity top with awkwardly-placed daisies. She comes over to Lorelai's at 1am, freaking out that the baby is never coming out.  "Ooh! That Andrew. I hate that he was right, that pasty-faced bastard!"  (The Festival of Living Art)

8.  Lane wears a knit cap with double pom-poms while she and Rory go shop for new makeup for the latest Korean bride. "Oh, I found the Mrs. Kim-approved makeup in the drawer, but let me tell you, since the last wedding, it has developed a smell."  (Lorelai Out of Water)

9.  Lorelai buys a ridiculous get-up to go fishing with Alex. But first, Luke has to come teach her to fish. "Hello, sailor, bait your hook for you?" "You look ridiculous." "I look adorable. No one ever told me that if you fish, you get to buy an outfit. I’ll do just about anything if I can buy an outfit."  (Lorelai Out of Water)

10.  Lorelai and Rory are bridesmaids in Sookie's wedding. "Oh hey, while we’re on the subject, um, bridesmaids outfits?" "Ooh, I’m way ahead of you. I’ve already got a couple of ideas." "Is one of them having me design and make them so I don’t secretly hate what you pick and then harbor a secret grudge against you for the rest of our lives?" "It is now."  (I Can't Get Started)

11.  Lorelai is the Maid of Honor at her parents' vow renewal.  "Why are you nervous?" "I'm getting married!" "For the second time. Mom, it's a pretend wedding. J.Lo has them all the time."  (Wedding Bell Blues)

12.  Miss Celine picks out the stuffiest old-lady dress suit possible for Emily to wear to Rory's graduation from Chilton.  "Oh, you cannot wear green around grass. I learned that from Tova Borgnine the hard way. Go try the red one on. Red goes wonderful with nature."  (Here Comes the Son)

13.  Lorelai alters the dresses Emily bought for her and Rory to wear to Rory's birthday party at the elder Gilmore's.  "What is that?" "Uh, that's my dress." "Where's the one I bought you?" "This is it." "I thought there was more of it."  (Rory's Birthday Parties)

14.  Lorelai is wearing an orange, gold, and fuchsia patterned top when she stops in at Luke's after Rory and Lane's doomed double date.  "Yeah, if fact you rushed out of here before I had a chance to -- " "A chance to....?" " "Kick your ass in poker." "You wish."  (Double Date)

15.  Rory finalizes plans for the USO-themed charity event during dinner with the grandparents. She's wearing a tan sweater and button-up shirt about twenty years too old for her.  "Partitions?" "For the room." "But we won't have any room. We're sold out."  (We've Got Magic to Do)

16.  Shira Huntzberger wears something a bit inappropriate for her station to the charity event.  "Now let's talk about your money. You were a two-bit gold digger, fresh off the bus from Hicksville when you met Mitchum at whatever bar you happened to stumble into. And what made Mitchum decide to choose you to marry amongst the pack of women he was bedding at the time, I'll never know. But hats off to you for bagging him. He's still a playboy, you know? Well, of course you know. That would explain why your weight goes up and down 30 pounds every other month."  (We've Got Magic to Do)

17.  Lorelai wears a skin-tight purple dress with sleeves that completely cover her hands to the Doublemint Twins' wedding.  "Sister Sledge! Excuse me."  (Kill Me Now)

18.  Jackson's Bracebridge Squire attire.  "Lo! Now has come our joyfullest feast. Let every man be jolly."  (Bracebridge Dinner)

19.  Lulu is sick so Kirk has to wear her dress to be the alluring lady for the new Reenactment.  "Is that your dress?" "Yeah. I made it to Lulu’s specifications. Did she get bonier all of a sudden?" "And taller?"  (Women of Questionable Morals)

20.  The elder Gilmores throw a Male Yale party for Rory. Emily makes her dress like a princess complete with a tiara.  "The party is very nice, Grandma. I was just wondering, do your alumni friends have any daughters?" "Daughters? What do you mean?" "Well, I was just noticing that there are a lot of boys here but not that many girls." "Really? I hadn't noticed. Did you notice, Emily?" "Why no, I haven't. Huh, well. I will have to pay more attention to the guest list next time, won't I, Richard?"  (The Party's Over)

21.  Lorelai's dress when she confronts her parents about Rory moving out. It's a bit....open in the front.  "Dad was reading the paper, he had to go, so I said I’d make it quick, and we sat here, and we talked about how we were going to stick together and convince Rory to go back to school! That did happen, right? I mean, I’m not completely whacko." "Yes, it did happen." "I mean, obviously I’m a little whacko, because I came here for help in the first place, but I’m not totally delusional!"  (A House is Not a Home)

22.  Gran and her friends dress like they're fresh out of a Victorian-era painting for the meeting of their Bitter Old Biddies club.  "Lorelai, wonderful. We all need a break for a moment. Come meet my friends. Emily, we were waiting for iced tea or am I imagining things?" "It’s on its way, Mom." "So is death."  (Face-Off)

23.  Rory shows up at the Inn wearing a cable-knit sweater approximately three sizes too big for her.  "What's with the muumuu?" "Stop." "No, I'm just saying, you couldn't find one made of metal in case anyone has X-ray eyes?"  (Pilot)

24.  Taylor goes on a cruise and comes back with a toupee.  "I'm combing it differently." "The comb didn't loosen the glue?"  (Tick, Tick, Tick, Boom)

25.  Dean has to sell nachos and wear a cowboy hat to work since Doose's Market now stays open 24 hours a day to cater to the trucker crowd.  "Since when does the trucker crowd off Highway 84 come through Star's Hollow?" "Since we installed an Icee machine."  (Norman Mailer, I'm Pregnant!)

Edited by Taryn74

The 'What Not to Wear' GG Edition (vote out FIRST the ones you DON'T hate as much)

1. Lorelai's not-so perfect wedding dress.  "I don't understand. How did this happen? This morning, you didn't know whether you were gonna wear a white dress or not." "I know. But then Sookie and I went to check out these invitations, you know, and right next door, there was this little bridal shop, and we thought, oh, we'll just go in, look around, you know no big deal, you know, just girl fun, right? And I went in, and I turned around, and there it was. The perfect dress." "The..." "The bodice is this blush-coloured silk tulle, and it has all these little crystal beads on it, and the skirt is a blush silk tulle with a blush silk/satin lining, and the back goes into a train. And, oh, it has a cream satin sash, so you get a little white in there, which I know is very important to you. I tried it on, and it fit me perfectly, and it was on sale, and so I bought it. And from the minute I bought the dress, everything else fell into place." (The Perfect Dress)  The (im)perfect dress

2. It's Rory's first day at Chilton but all of Lorelai's clothes are at the cleaners.  "What?" "Nothing. I just didn't know the rodeo was in town." (The Lorelais' First Day at Chilton)  Rodeo chic

3. Rory goes golfing with Richard.  "What's with the hat?" "Grandma gave it to me." "Oh, now, that's just mean." "It's not that bad." "Do you want a mirror?"  (Kill Me Now)  Very colorful hat

4. Lorelai accidentally wears something from the town rummage sale that used to belong to Rachel (before Lorelai knew Rachel existed and apparently before ASP knew Rachel would be a classic beauty and not.....whatever that was). "What the hell do you think you’re wearing?"  (Concert Interruptus)  Yes, Lorelai, what the hell are you wearing?

5. Lorelai is wearing bizarrely patterned shirt while on the phone with Rory, they are discussing Rory thinking Laundry Guy was talking about her asking him out. The bells are mysteriously no longer working. "How self-centered am I that I just assumed that he was talking about me?" "Well, I would have assumed the same thing, so, incredibly self-centered. "  (In the Clamor and the Clangor)  No comment

6. Lorelai wears a hat it looks like she dug out of Michael Jackson's trash when she goes to ask Luke to help her break the bells. They continue to argue over Luke moving in with Nicole. "You know, I was a little tipsy on that cruise ship, but I don't remember anyone pronouncing us husband and wife and Lorelai."  (In the Clamor and the Clangor)  Please, never wear a hat again

7.  Sookie wears a maternity top with awkwardly-placed daisies. She comes over to Lorelai's at 1am, freaking out that the baby is never coming out.  "Ooh! That Andrew. I hate that he was right, that pasty-faced bastard!"  (The Festival of Living Art)  Same shirt, different scene, but the truly awkward flowers are easier to see

8.  Lane wears a knit cap with double pom-poms while she and Rory go shop for new makeup for the latest Korean bride. "Oh, I found the Mrs. Kim-approved makeup in the drawer, but let me tell you, since the last wedding, it has developed a smell."  (Lorelai Out of Water)  I can't decide if she looks like a mouse or a teddy bear, LOL

9.  Lorelai buys a ridiculous get-up to go fishing with Alex. But first, Luke has to come teach her to fish. "Hello, sailor, bait your hook for you?" "You look ridiculous." "I look adorable. No one ever told me that if you fish, you get to buy an outfit. I’ll do just about anything if I can buy an outfit."  (Lorelai Out of Water)  I can't even look at this without dying laughing

10.  Lorelai and Rory are bridesmaids in Sookie's wedding. "Oh hey, while we’re on the subject, um, bridesmaids outfits?" "Ooh, I’m way ahead of you. I’ve already got a couple of ideas." "Is one of them having me design and make them so I don’t secretly hate what you pick and then harbor a secret grudge against you for the rest of our lives?" "It is now."  (I Can't Get Started)  The color isn't terrible, but the cut of the dresses is not flattering to either one of them, at all

11.  Lorelai is the Maid of Honor at her parents' vow renewal.  "Why are you nervous?" "I'm getting married!" "For the second time. Mom, it's a pretend wedding. J.Lo has them all the time."  (Wedding Bell Blues)  You expect me to believe Emily Gilmore picked this out?

12.  Miss Celine picks out the stuffiest old-lady dress suit possible for Emily to wear to Rory's graduation from Chilton.  "Oh, you cannot wear green around grass. I learned that from Tova Borgnine the hard way. Go try the red one on. Red goes wonderful with nature."  (Here Comes the Son)  I can't believe this is what they settled on. Emily looks 95 years old in this.

13.  Lorelai alters the dresses Emily bought for her and Rory to wear to Rory's birthday party at the elder Gilmore's.  "What is that?" "Uh, that's my dress." "Where's the one I bought you?" "This is it." "I thought there was more of it."  (Rory's Birthday Parties)  Hard to find a screenshot which captures the entirety of the dress, but the skirt is horrid. It comes to a point in the front and back.

14.  Lorelai is wearing an orange, gold, and fuchsia patterned top when she stops in at Luke's after Rory and Lane's doomed double date.  "Yeah, if fact you rushed out of here before I had a chance to -- " "A chance to....?" "Kick your ass in poker." "You wish."  (Double Date)  Why, Lorelai?

15.  Rory finalizes plans for the USO-themed charity event during dinner with the grandparents. She's wearing a tan sweater and button-up shirt about twenty years too old for her.  "Partitions?" "For the room." "But we won't have any room. We're sold out."  (We've Got Magic to Do)  Nothing about this outfit goes together

16.  Shira Huntzberger wears something a bit inappropriate for her station to the charity event.  "Now let's talk about your money. You were a two-bit gold digger, fresh off the bus from Hicksville when you met Mitchum at whatever bar you happened to stumble into. And what made Mitchum decide to choose you to marry amongst the pack of women he was bedding at the time, I'll never know. But hats off to you for bagging him. He's still a playboy, you know? Well, of course you know. That would explain why your weight goes up and down 30 pounds every other month."  (We've Got Magic to Do)  If I had her figure I might wear something like that too. Just saying.

17.  Lorelai wears a skin-tight purple dress with sleeves that completely cover her hands to the Doublemint Twins' wedding.  "Sister Sledge! Excuse me."  (Kill Me Now)  Words cannot describe how much I hate this dress

18.  Jackson's Bracebridge Squire attire.  "Lo! Now has come our joyfullest feast. Let every man be jolly."  (Bracebridge Dinner)  Just.....sit and take this all in

19.  Lulu is sick so Kirk has to wear her dress to be the alluring lady for the new Reenactment.  "Is that your dress?" "Yeah. I made it to Lulu’s specifications. Did she get bonier all of a sudden?" "And taller?"  (Women of Questionable Morals)  LOL LOL

20.  The elder Gilmores throw a Male Yale party for Rory. Emily makes her dress like a princess complete with a tiara.  "The party is very nice, Grandma. I was just wondering, do your alumni friends have any daughters?" "Daughters? What do you mean?" "Well, I was just noticing that there are a lot of boys here but not that many girls." "Really? I hadn't noticed. Did you notice, Emily?" "Why no, I haven't. Huh, well. I will have to pay more attention to the guest list next time, won't I, Richard?"  (The Party's Over)  Princess Rory

21.  Lorelai's dress when she confronts her parents about Rory moving out. It's a bit....open in the front.  "Dad was reading the paper, he had to go, so I said I’d make it quick, and we sat here, and we talked about how we were going to stick together and convince Rory to go back to school! That did happen, right? I mean, I’m not completely whacko." "Yes, it did happen." "I mean, obviously I’m a little whacko, because I came here for help in the first place, but I’m not totally delusional!"  (A House is Not a Home)  No comment

22.  Gran and her friends dress like they're fresh out of a Victorian-era painting for the meeting of their Bitter Old Biddies club.  "Lorelai, wonderful. We all need a break for a moment. Come meet my friends. Emily, we were waiting for iced tea or am I imagining things?" "It’s on its way, Mom." "So is death."  (Face-Off)  "I saw her kissing a man in a purple track suit!"

23.  Rory shows up at the Inn wearing a cable-knit sweater approximately three sizes too big for her.  "What's with the muumuu?" "Stop." "No, I'm just saying, you couldn't find one made of metal in case anyone has X-ray eyes?"  (Pilot)  Where did she even get such a huge sweater?

24.  Taylor goes on a cruise and comes back with a toupee.  "I'm combing it differently." "The comb didn't loosen the glue?"  (Tick, Tick, Tick, Boom)  You know, it actually wouldn't have looked that bad if he had color-matched it a little better....

25.  Dean has to sell nachos and wear a cowboy hat to work since Doose's Market now stays open 24 hours a day to cater to the trucker crowd.  "Since when does the trucker crowd off Highway 84 come through Star's Hollow?" "Since we installed an Icee machine."  (Norman Mailer, I'm Pregnant!)  Get along little dogey

26.  Mrs. Kim arranges a tour for Hep Alien when Lane is afraid the band is falling apart.  Gil comes to the emergency band meeting in his sandwich shop uniform.  "Weird? What 'weird'? You need to play, here’s places to play. Nice places. Clean places. Don’t wear that outfit on stage." "It’s my delivery outfit! Lane, tell her I don’t dress like this."  (A House is Not a Home)  LOL LOL

27.  Lorelai tries to make up to Michel for yelling at him by helping him sell the motor home he won on The Price is Right.  She's wearing a dress with color paneling that makes her look somewhat shapeless.  "Twenty grand? You’re just giving this thing away." "That’s what I was told to do. I didn’t know about the maple-ish paneling." "Michel, you can’t sell this thing for twenty thousand dollars. What are you thinking?" "Apparently, I’m not. Apparently, I never think."  (Pulp Friction)  No comment

28.  American Travel Magazine comes to photograph the Dragonfly for an article about the Top Ten Inns in Connecticut.  Lorelai wears a really ugly maroon shirt with purple flowers across one shoulder.  "So, Hal, what do you think? Living room, reception area might be a nice place to start." "I really need to shoot the exteriors first. We're about to lose the light." "Oh, great idea. Well, let me tell you, we are very proud of our exteriors."  (Pulp Friction)  You really want to be in a magazine, immortalized for all time, wearing that?

29.  Lorelai buys Luke a new hat as a thank-you for closing the diner and driving her to the hospital when Richard possibly has a heart attack. She puts it on him......front-facing. "Does that look wrong!"  (Forgiveness & Stuff)  Yes, it does look wrong

30.  Luke starts wearing a black hat after he and Lorelai break up and she sleeps with Christopher.  JJ hearts break all around the world.  "Congratulations on the reopening." "Oh, yeah, thanks. Back to normal, I guess." "New hat?" "Yeah. "  (Lorelai's First Cotillion)  Sadness

31.  Kirk accidentally drives his car into Luke's wall, then opens an open-air diner across the street while Luke's is closed for repairs.  "What say you and I go over to the diner across the street and pick us up a nice cup of coffee?" "Forget it. I'm fine. What diner across the street?" "This place - Kirk's. Great place. The owner's a real character and the coffee's fantastic."  (That's What You Get, Folks, For Making Whoopee)  I know it's scandalous, but it made me laugh. Really hard.

Edited by Taryn74
2 hours ago, lulu1960 said:

I did giggle at some and your comments were priceless. I am amused because Luke isn't on the list. I guess you can't really mess up his flannel look can you? LOL

That occurred to me as well.  Oh!  I just thought of one!  I'll add it.

Okay, it's time to start voting! Since the links don't move over when I C&P, just scroll up to the most recent list above to make your selections. I should have time to fix it before next round, but for now this will do. Voting against three.

18 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

OK, so now just to be sure I do this right.  The least egregious are voted out first, leaving the truly horrific to "win", correct?

That was what I had in mind, yes. I should add instructions, LOL.

@lulu1960 want to change your votes?

12 - I liked the color but thought the sparkles were a  bit over the top for a graduation.

20 because the dress wasn't all that bad if they had lost the bling. Of course the whole meat market idea was horrible.

27 Didn't think it was too awful.

Testing to see if quoting myself will bring over the links......

Yes! That worked! Okay so you'll just have to open up the full quote to see what to vote on.

12 - The color was fine, the sparkles were a bit OTT but not too noticeable, I just hated the cut of the top. I don't know why they always dressed Emily in such boxy clothes, especially seeing how amazing she looked in the black dress she tried on earlier in that episode. (It was way too formal for a daytime graduation but damn! She looked smoking for a lady her age. Hell, she looked smoking for a lady MY age.)

20 - The Male Yale party was gross, but I thought Rory looked pretty all blinged up.

27 - I had no recollection of this dress at all until I went hunting down screencaps, and Lorelai has worn much, much worse.

Still voting against three!

On 9/8/2019 at 10:52 PM, Taryn74 said:

The 'What Not to Wear' GG Edition (vote out FIRST the ones you DON'T hate as much)

1. Lorelai's not-so perfect wedding dress.  "I don't understand. How did this happen? This morning, you didn't know whether you were gonna wear a white dress or not." "I know. But then Sookie and I went to check out these invitations, you know, and right next door, there was this little bridal shop, and we thought, oh, we'll just go in, look around, you know no big deal, you know, just girl fun, right? And I went in, and I turned around, and there it was. The perfect dress." "The..." "The bodice is this blush-coloured silk tulle, and it has all these little crystal beads on it, and the skirt is a blush silk tulle with a blush silk/satin lining, and the back goes into a train. And, oh, it has a cream satin sash, so you get a little white in there, which I know is very important to you. I tried it on, and it fit me perfectly, and it was on sale, and so I bought it. And from the minute I bought the dress, everything else fell into place." (The Perfect Dress)  The (im)perfect dress

2. It's Rory's first day at Chilton but all of Lorelai's clothes are at the cleaners.  "What?" "Nothing. I just didn't know the rodeo was in town." (The Lorelais' First Day at Chilton)  Rodeo chic

3. Rory goes golfing with Richard.  "What's with the hat?" "Grandma gave it to me." "Oh, now, that's just mean." "It's not that bad." "Do you want a mirror?"  (Kill Me Now)  Very colorful hat

4. Lorelai accidentally wears something from the town rummage sale that used to belong to Rachel (before Lorelai knew Rachel existed and apparently before ASP knew Rachel would be a classic beauty and not.....whatever that was). "What the hell do you think you’re wearing?"  (Concert Interruptus)  Yes, Lorelai, what the hell are you wearing?

5. Lorelai is wearing bizarrely patterned shirt while on the phone with Rory, they are discussing Rory thinking Laundry Guy was talking about her asking him out. The bells are mysteriously no longer working. "How self-centered am I that I just assumed that he was talking about me?" "Well, I would have assumed the same thing, so, incredibly self-centered. "  (In the Clamor and the Clangor)  No comment

6. Lorelai wears a hat it looks like she dug out of Michael Jackson's trash when she goes to ask Luke to help her break the bells. They continue to argue over Luke moving in with Nicole. "You know, I was a little tipsy on that cruise ship, but I don't remember anyone pronouncing us husband and wife and Lorelai."  (In the Clamor and the Clangor)  Please, never wear a hat again

7.  Sookie wears a maternity top with awkwardly-placed daisies. She comes over to Lorelai's at 1am, freaking out that the baby is never coming out.  "Ooh! That Andrew. I hate that he was right, that pasty-faced bastard!"  (The Festival of Living Art)  Same shirt, different scene, but the truly awkward flowers are easier to see

8.  Lane wears a knit cap with double pom-poms while she and Rory go shop for new makeup for the latest Korean bride. "Oh, I found the Mrs. Kim-approved makeup in the drawer, but let me tell you, since the last wedding, it has developed a smell."  (Lorelai Out of Water)  I can't decide if she looks like a mouse or a teddy bear, LOL

9.  Lorelai buys a ridiculous get-up to go fishing with Alex. But first, Luke has to come teach her to fish. "Hello, sailor, bait your hook for you?" "You look ridiculous." "I look adorable. No one ever told me that if you fish, you get to buy an outfit. I’ll do just about anything if I can buy an outfit."  (Lorelai Out of Water)  I can't even look at this without dying laughing

10.  Lorelai and Rory are bridesmaids in Sookie's wedding. "Oh hey, while we’re on the subject, um, bridesmaids outfits?" "Ooh, I’m way ahead of you. I’ve already got a couple of ideas." "Is one of them having me design and make them so I don’t secretly hate what you pick and then harbor a secret grudge against you for the rest of our lives?" "It is now."  (I Can't Get Started)  The color isn't terrible, but the cut of the dresses is not flattering to either one of them, at all

11.  Lorelai is the Maid of Honor at her parents' vow renewal.  "Why are you nervous?" "I'm getting married!" "For the second time. Mom, it's a pretend wedding. J.Lo has them all the time."  (Wedding Bell Blues)  You expect me to believe Emily Gilmore picked this out?

13.  Lorelai alters the dresses Emily bought for her and Rory to wear to Rory's birthday party at the elder Gilmore's.  "What is that?" "Uh, that's my dress." "Where's the one I bought you?" "This is it." "I thought there was more of it."  (Rory's Birthday Parties)  Hard to find a screenshot which captures the entirety of the dress, but the skirt is horrid. It comes to a point in the front and back.

14.  Lorelai is wearing an orange, gold, and fuchsia patterned top when she stops in at Luke's after Rory and Lane's doomed double date.  "Yeah, if fact you rushed out of here before I had a chance to -- " "A chance to....?" "Kick your ass in poker." "You wish."  (Double Date)  Why, Lorelai?

15.  Rory finalizes plans for the USO-themed charity event during dinner with the grandparents. She's wearing a tan sweater and button-up shirt about twenty years too old for her.  "Partitions?" "For the room." "But we won't have any room. We're sold out."  (We've Got Magic to Do)  Nothing about this outfit goes together

16.  Shira Huntzberger wears something a bit inappropriate for her station to the charity event.  "Now let's talk about your money. You were a two-bit gold digger, fresh off the bus from Hicksville when you met Mitchum at whatever bar you happened to stumble into. And what made Mitchum decide to choose you to marry amongst the pack of women he was bedding at the time, I'll never know. But hats off to you for bagging him. He's still a playboy, you know? Well, of course you know. That would explain why your weight goes up and down 30 pounds every other month."  (We've Got Magic to Do)  If I had her figure I might wear something like that too. Just saying.

17.  Lorelai wears a skin-tight purple dress with sleeves that completely cover her hands to the Doublemint Twins' wedding.  "Sister Sledge! Excuse me."  (Kill Me Now)  Words cannot describe how much I hate this dress

18.  Jackson's Bracebridge Squire attire.  "Lo! Now has come our joyfullest feast. Let every man be jolly."  (Bracebridge Dinner)  Just.....sit and take this all in

19.  Lulu is sick so Kirk has to wear her dress to be the alluring lady for the new Reenactment.  "Is that your dress?" "Yeah. I made it to Lulu’s specifications. Did she get bonier all of a sudden?" "And taller?"  (Women of Questionable Morals)  LOL LOL

21.  Lorelai's dress when she confronts her parents about Rory moving out. It's a bit....open in the front.  "Dad was reading the paper, he had to go, so I said I’d make it quick, and we sat here, and we talked about how we were going to stick together and convince Rory to go back to school! That did happen, right? I mean, I’m not completely whacko." "Yes, it did happen." "I mean, obviously I’m a little whacko, because I came here for help in the first place, but I’m not totally delusional!"  (A House is Not a Home)  No comment

22.  Gran and her friends dress like they're fresh out of a Victorian-era painting for the meeting of their Bitter Old Biddies club.  "Lorelai, wonderful. We all need a break for a moment. Come meet my friends. Emily, we were waiting for iced tea or am I imagining things?" "It’s on its way, Mom." "So is death."  (Face-Off)  "I saw her kissing a man in a purple track suit!"

23.  Rory shows up at the Inn wearing a cable-knit sweater approximately three sizes too big for her.  "What's with the muumuu?" "Stop." "No, I'm just saying, you couldn't find one made of metal in case anyone has X-ray eyes?"  (Pilot)  Where did she even get such a huge sweater?

24.  Taylor goes on a cruise and comes back with a toupee.  "I'm combing it differently." "The comb didn't loosen the glue?"  (Tick, Tick, Tick, Boom)  You know, it actually wouldn't have looked that bad if he had color-matched it a little better....

25.  Dean has to sell nachos and wear a cowboy hat to work since Doose's Market now stays open 24 hours a day to cater to the trucker crowd.  "Since when does the trucker crowd off Highway 84 come through Star's Hollow?" "Since we installed an Icee machine."  (Norman Mailer, I'm Pregnant!)  Get along little dogey

26.  Mrs. Kim arranges a tour for Hep Alien when Lane is afraid the band is falling apart.  Gil comes to the emergency band meeting in his sandwich shop uniform.  "Weird? What 'weird'? You need to play, here’s places to play. Nice places. Clean places. Don’t wear that outfit on stage." "It’s my delivery outfit! Lane, tell her I don’t dress like this."  (A House is Not a Home)  LOL LOL

28.  American Travel Magazine comes to photograph the Dragonfly for an article about the Top Ten Inns in Connecticut.  Lorelai wears a really ugly maroon shirt with purple flowers across one shoulder.  "So, Hal, what do you think? Living room, reception area might be a nice place to start." "I really need to shoot the exteriors first. We're about to lose the light." "Oh, great idea. Well, let me tell you, we are very proud of our exteriors."  (Pulp Friction)  You really want to be in a magazine, immortalized for all time, wearing that?

29.  Lorelai buys Luke a new hat as a thank-you for closing the diner and driving her to the hospital when Richard possibly has a heart attack. She puts it on him......front-facing. "Does that look wrong!"  (Forgiveness & Stuff)  Yes, it does look wrong

30.  Luke starts wearing a black hat after he and Lorelai break up and she sleeps with Christopher.  JJ hearts break all around the world.  "Congratulations on the reopening." "Oh, yeah, thanks. Back to normal, I guess." "New hat?" "Yeah. "  (Lorelai's First Cotillion)  Sadness

31.  Kirk accidentally drives his car into Luke's wall, then opens an open-air diner across the street while Luke's is closed for repairs.  "What say you and I go over to the diner across the street and pick us up a nice cup of coffee?" "Forget it. I'm fine. What diner across the street?" "This place - Kirk's. Great place. The owner's a real character and the coffee's fantastic."  (That's What You Get, Folks, For Making Whoopee)  I know it's scandalous, but it made me laugh. Really hard.

Edited by Taryn74
On 9/10/2019 at 1:08 PM, Taryn74 said:

8 - Lane does look a little bit silly, but in that 'still young enough to pull it off' kind of way.

3 - Ditto to the above, and Lorelai only made a big deal out of it because she was already mad about Rory going golfing with Richard, IMO.

21 - Eh.

Don't forget to open up the full quote to see all the choices. Still voting against three.

7 - I think It's pretty! 

10 - I liked these dresses on them. 

31 - so funny. 

sorry I've been MIA. I was adventuring around Ireland! 

Also, I had to edit because I didn't understand the rules of the game at first. LOL! I'm all jet lagged over here. 

Edited by ghoulina

10 - I just can't get over how Lorelai's dress made her look like her panty lines were showing every time she took a step. I think it was just the way the dress pulled, but that's what it looked like (any time she was shown from the back). And Rory's dress accentuated her sloping shoulders. It just bugs me.

16 - TBH I think Shira looked amazing. If I had her figure I'd probably wear dresses like that to the grocery store LOL.

29 - I love that the blue hat came to symbolize so much over the course of the series.

Remember to open the full quote to see all the choices! Voting against three.

23 hours ago, Taryn74 said:

7 I thought it was cute. Never noticed the daisy placement

17 I didn't mind this dress. Lauren had the body for it

PS I was watching You Jump, I Jump Jack, yesterday and Lorelai was wearing another of those dresses with the panel in the midsection. Wasn't a fan of that one either. As I rewatch episodes, I'm looking at their clothes LOL.

• LOL 1

7 - I thought the top was really cute too, although now "the daisies" are the first thing I notice. At least it wasn't an off-white top with pink flowers, ha ha.

9 - It was utterly ridiculous, and I laughed every time I saw it, but dang if she didn't somehow manage to look cute in it. I really have to wonder what Alex thought, heh.

31 - I know I shouldn't laugh, but I do. Every time. Kirk is such an opportunist. Hey at least the man's willing to work! (And he looks perfect normal in what he's wearing, which is the point of this particular game LOL, so out this one goes!)

We're getting very few multiple votes for anything, so let's drop to voting against two to see if it helps. Remember to open up the quote to see all the choices and links to refresh your memory on the clothes.

On 9/13/2019 at 6:36 AM, Taryn74 said:

17 - I really, really hate this dress. The sleeves are what bug me the most, but the tie at the top is also weird and if my wedding event planner (ha! as if! I was married in a small country church and we did most everything ourselves) showed up at my wedding in a dress that looked like a second skin I would be pretty pissed off.

15 - I do think the outfit is really mismatched and the cardigan is too old for Rory, but otherwise....meh.

23 - I didn't really even notice the huge sweater until Lorelai was making fun of her over it.

Voting against two! Open the quote to see all the selections and links.

22 hours ago, Taryn74 said:

25 - He looks so ridiculous, LOL, but Taylor's gonna Taylor.

28 - Yuk.

Still voting against two!

On 9/15/2019 at 9:46 AM, Taryn74 said: