Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

1, 5 gone.  Still two.

Favorite Episode End Scenes, Season 3

2.  Haunted Leg -- Doose's. Rory runs into Jess. She's upset about him and Shane. "I'm sorry, did I hear from you at all this summer? Did I just happen to miss the thousands of phone calls you made to me, or did the postman happen to lose all those letters you wrote to me? You kiss me, you tell me not to say anything - very flattering, by the way. You go off to Washington, then nothing. Then you come back here all put out because I didn't just sit around and wait for you like Dean would've done? And yeah, what about Dean? Are you still with him? 'Cause last time I checked, you were, and I haven't heard anything to the contrary."

3.  Application Anxiety -- Town Square. It's starting to sink in that Rory's going off to college soon. She and Lorelai ignore all the things they need to be doing and just hang. Luke and Taylor argue over the Old Fashioned Soda Shoppe sign. "And how are you spelling 'rights', Taylor? With two E’s and three S’s?"

4.  One's Got Class and the Other One Dyes -- Town Square. Lorelai meets up with Rory and Lane after being confronted by the helicopter moms upset about the talk at school. "It was one minute on my success in the business world, and that went very well. And it was ten minutes on the possibility that if I had had sex with a different man at a different time in my life, you wouldn’t have been born."

6.  Take the Deviled Eggs -- Town Square. The townies have all gathered for the Town Loner's protest, but nobody can understand him. Someone has egged Jess' car. With deviled eggs. "Someone prepared deviled eggs to throw at my car?"

7.  They Shoot Gilmores, Don't They? -- Dance Marathon. Dean and Rory have very publicly broken up. Kirk has won the dance marathon for the fifth year in a row. "Wait, what are you doing? I’m here, I’m standing, I used my yellow card!"

9.  A Deep-Fried Korean Thanksgiving -- Luke's. The girls stop in after Thanksgiving dinner with the grandparents. They realize they didn't have to skip the rolls at the first three dinners since they left without eating much. They grab a bag of leftover rolls from Luke. "Just a little something for the walk home."

10.  That'll Do, Pig -- Crap Shack. Lorelai tells Rory about dinner with Gran and her parents. Rory tell Lorelai about hanging out with both Dean and Jess at the Winter Carnival. "Jess knows I’m friends with Dean, Dean knows I’m dating Jess, and they both seem fine with it. What?" "I just like that once in awhile, you still seem like a little kid."

13.  Dear Emily and Richard -- Gilmore mansion. Lorelai brings Emily a DVD player and a stack of DVDs. "But there are wires involved and connections and electricity. You could hurt yourself or set the house on fire." "In your Easter bonnet. . ." "You could ruin our television set." ". . .with all the frills upon it, you’ll be the grandest fella in the Easter parade. Hoo! I'll be all in clover. . ." "I don’t like being ignored, Lorelai." ". . .and when they look us over, we’ll be the proudest people in the Easter parade."

17.  A Tale of Poes and Fire -- Independence Inn.  Lorelai, Sookie, and Michel take in the extent of the damage from the fire. Rory finds all of the Yale paraphernalia in her room.

18.  Happy Birthday, Baby -- Town Square. The girls discuss their very different relationships with Emily & Richard. Lorelai sees all the birthday stuff Rory put together. "What is that?" "The world’s largest pizza. Almost."

21.  Here Comes the Son -- Crap Shack. Lorelai realizes Rory's been chosen Valedictorian. "Hey, listen, my little Holly Hunter in Broadcast News, I'm gonna let you freak out and study like a mad woman and stress yourself out until finals, but once they're over, we are gonna celebrate big time. . .'cause this is amazing."

22.  Those Are Strings, Pinocchio - Chilton. Lorelai and Rory take in the atmosphere one last time. "Wait, wait. Look around for a second. Notice?" "Notice what?" "It's not so scary anymore."

3, 4 gone. Still two.

2.  Haunted Leg -- Doose's. Rory runs into Jess. She's upset about him and Shane. "I'm sorry, did I hear from you at all this summer? Did I just happen to miss the thousands of phone calls you made to me, or did the postman happen to lose all those letters you wrote to me? You kiss me, you tell me not to say anything - very flattering, by the way. You go off to Washington, then nothing. Then you come back here all put out because I didn't just sit around and wait for you like Dean would've done? And yeah, what about Dean? Are you still with him? 'Cause last time I checked, you were, and I haven't heard anything to the contrary."

6.  Take the Deviled Eggs -- Town Square. The townies have all gathered for the Town Loner's protest, but nobody can understand him. Someone has egged Jess' car. With deviled eggs. "Someone prepared deviled eggs to throw at my car?"

7.  They Shoot Gilmores, Don't They? -- Dance Marathon. Dean and Rory have very publicly broken up. Kirk has won the dance marathon for the fifth year in a row. "Wait, what are you doing? I’m here, I’m standing, I used my yellow card!"

9.  A Deep-Fried Korean Thanksgiving -- Luke's. The girls stop in after Thanksgiving dinner with the grandparents. They realize they didn't have to skip the rolls at the first three dinners since they left without eating much. They grab a bag of leftover rolls from Luke. "Just a little something for the walk home."

10.  That'll Do, Pig -- Crap Shack. Lorelai tells Rory about dinner with Gran and her parents. Rory tell Lorelai about hanging out with both Dean and Jess at the Winter Carnival. "Jess knows I’m friends with Dean, Dean knows I’m dating Jess, and they both seem fine with it. What?" "I just like that once in awhile, you still seem like a little kid."

13.  Dear Emily and Richard -- Gilmore mansion. Lorelai brings Emily a DVD player and a stack of DVDs. "But there are wires involved and connections and electricity. You could hurt yourself or set the house on fire." "In your Easter bonnet. . ." "You could ruin our television set." ". . .with all the frills upon it, you’ll be the grandest fella in the Easter parade. Hoo! I'll be all in clover. . ." "I don’t like being ignored, Lorelai." ". . .and when they look us over, we’ll be the proudest people in the Easter parade."

17.  A Tale of Poes and Fire -- Independence Inn.  Lorelai, Sookie, and Michel take in the extent of the damage from the fire. Rory finds all of the Yale paraphernalia in her room.

18.  Happy Birthday, Baby -- Town Square. The girls discuss their very different relationships with Emily & Richard. Lorelai sees all the birthday stuff Rory put together. "What is that?" "The world’s largest pizza. Almost."

21.  Here Comes the Son -- Crap Shack. Lorelai realizes Rory's been chosen Valedictorian. "Hey, listen, my little Holly Hunter in Broadcast News, I'm gonna let you freak out and study like a mad woman and stress yourself out until finals, but once they're over, we are gonna celebrate big time. . .'cause this is amazing."

22.  Those Are Strings, Pinocchio - Chilton. Lorelai and Rory take in the atmosphere one last time. "Wait, wait. Look around for a second. Notice?" "Notice what?" "It's not so scary anymore."

7, 10 out.  Voting against one now!

22 out!

Well I think 2 is out.  LOL.

Ya'll left me to decide this one.  Hmmm.  As much as the town loner/deviled eggs incident amuses me, I just love the 'safe space' vibe we get from the girls stopping back by Luke's on their way home from a trying dinner at the grandparents.  (Never mind that it was Lorelai who made it a trying evening, LOL, that's beside the point.)  So, 6 out!

18 minutes ago, lulu1960 said:

I was leaning towards this one as well.

We’ve reached the point of the game where it’s “good scene, but not one of my favorites.”

18 it is!  Last time we're voting for S3.