Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

Sorry folks, I cannot be responsible for voting out what is probably my favorite Luke/Rory scene of the entire series.  Saying goodbye to 7 instead!

Favorite Episode End Scenes Season 2

6.  Presenting Lorelai Gilmore -- Gilmore mansion.  Lorelai drops by to 'hang' with Emily.  "You know Mom, if there's ever anything you want to talk about with me, you can." "All right."

9.  Run Away, Little Boy -- Luke's.  Lorelai comes over to tell Luke she's glad she has certain people in her life who will always be there.  "There's Rory, and Sookie, and this town and ... you. I mean, at least I think I've got..." "You do." "Good. Just checking."

15.  Lost and Found -- Luke's apartment.  He's decided to expand and remodel to make room for Jess, rather than rent a new place.  He takes a sledgehammer to the wall.  "That’s your room. Finish up. We’ll hold hands and skip afterwards."

17.  Dead Uncles and Vegetables -- Luke's.  The Townies gather after Louie's funeral to eat and share stories.  "Don’t you have wakes for people you like?" "I think it might be for you."

20.  Help Wanted -- Luke's.  Rory sees that Luke is back after his 'fishing trip' and stops in for a minute.  "Luke?" "Yeah?" "It wasn't his fault." "I know it wasn't."

9, even though it's painful. I'm just with you on 20 @Taryn74. I LOVE that Rory is so self aware in Help Wanted and so angry that everyone's treating her like she can do no wrong. It's so refreshing. And I love the way Luke feels about Jess and I love this moment between the two people who care about him, even more because it's so subtle. Wow I'm gushing, I'll shut up.

• Love 2

*assumes fetal position as we say goodbye to 20*

Last time we vote in this painful, painful round!  We get to move on to S3 tomorrow!

6.  Presenting Lorelai Gilmore -- Gilmore mansion.  Lorelai drops by to 'hang' with Emily.  "You know Mom, if there's ever anything you want to talk about with me, you can." "All right."

9.  Run Away, Little Boy -- Luke's.  Lorelai comes over to tell Luke she's glad she has certain people in her life who will always be there.  "There's Rory, and Sookie, and this town and ... you. I mean, at least I think I've got..." "You do." "Good. Just checking."

15.  Lost and Found -- Luke's apartment.  He's decided to expand and remodel to make room for Jess, rather than rent a new place.  He takes a sledgehammer to the wall.  "That’s your room. Finish up. We’ll hold hands and skip afterwards."

17.  Dead Uncles and Vegetables -- Luke's.  The Townies gather after Louie's funeral to eat and share stories.  "Don’t you have wakes for people you like?" "I think it might be for you."

Our Top Three for Season 2!  I'll get started on S3 shortly.  Hopefully it's not going to be as painful, geesh.  Had no idea S2 was full of SO MANY great end scenes!

Presenting Lorelai Gilmore -- Gilmore mansion.  Lorelai drops by to 'hang' with Emily.  "You know Mom, if there's ever anything you want to talk about with me, you can." "All right."

Lost and Found -- Luke's apartment.  He's decided to expand and remodel to make room for Jess, rather than rent a new place.  He takes a sledgehammer to the wall.  "That’s your room. Finish up. We’ll hold hands and skip afterwards."

Dead Uncles and Vegetables -- Luke's.  The Townies gather after Louie's funeral to eat and share stories.  "Don’t you have wakes for people you like?" "I think it might be for you."

• Love 1

Voting against two!

Favorite Episode End Scenes, Season 3

1.  Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days -- Crap Shack. The girls make up after their fight about the Dean/Jess situation. "I mean, yes, I was surprised and I do think the basic sentiment of ‘make up your mind’ was kind of called for." They share a purse donut.

2.  Haunted Leg -- Doose's. Rory runs into Jess. She's upset about him and Shane. "I'm sorry, did I hear from you at all this summer? Did I just happen to miss the thousands of phone calls you made to me, or did the postman happen to lose all those letters you wrote to me? You kiss me, you tell me not to say anything - very flattering, by the way. You go off to Washington, then nothing. Then you come back here all put out because I didn't just sit around and wait for you like Dean would've done? And yeah, what about Dean? Are you still with him? 'Cause last time I checked, you were, and I haven't heard anything to the contrary."

3.  Application Anxiety -- Town Square. It's starting to sink in that Rory's going off to college soon. She and Lorelai ignore all the things they need to be doing and just hang. Luke and Taylor argue over the Old Fashioned Soda Shoppe sign. "And how are you spelling 'rights', Taylor? With two E’s and three S’s?"

4.  One's Got Class and the Other One Dyes -- Town Square. Lorelai meets up with Rory and Lane after being confronted by the helicopter moms upset about the talk at school. "It was one minute on my success in the business world, and that went very well. And it was ten minutes on the possibility that if I had had sex with a different man at a different time in my life, you wouldn’t have been born."

5.  Eight O'Clock at the Oasis -- FND. Lorelai follows Emily into the kitchen to apologize for breaking off her date with Peyton. "I know his mom is your friend, and I shouldn’t have even gotten mixed up in this whole thing if I wasn’t prepared to remember that what I do will affect you, and to me it’s just a Bowie concert, but to you, it’s not."

6.  Take the Deviled Eggs -- Town Square. The townies have all gathered for the Town Loner's protest, but nobody can understand him. Someone has egged Jess' car. With deviled eggs. "Someone prepared deviled eggs to throw at my car?"

7.  They Shoot Gilmores, Don't They? -- Dance Marathon. Dean and Rory have very publicly broken up. Kirk has won the dance marathon for the fifth year in a row. "Wait, what are you doing? I’m here, I’m standing, I used my yellow card!"

8.  Let the Games Begin -- Crap Shack. The girls spend some time winding down after their 'eventful' day at Yale. "Coffee, and Ovaltine."

9.  A Deep-Fried Korean Thanksgiving -- Luke's. The girls stop in after Thanksgiving dinner with the grandparents. They realize they didn't have to skip the rolls at the first three dinners since they left without eating much. They grab a bag of leftover rolls from Luke. "Just a little something for the walk home."

10.  That'll Do, Pig -- Crap Shack. Lorelai tells Rory about dinner with Gran and her parents. Rory tell Lorelai about hanging out with both Dean and Jess at the Winter Carnival. "Jess knows I’m friends with Dean, Dean knows I’m dating Jess, and they both seem fine with it. What?" "I just like that once in awhile, you still seem like a little kid."

11.  I Solemnly Swear -- Crap Shack. Alex calls Lorelai to ask her out and they talk about potential coffee shop names. "So, still won’t let go of The Mudhouse, huh?"

12.  Lorelai Out of Water -- Crap Shack. The girls talk about Lorelai's date with Alex while they watch Jayne Mansfield swim around in the bathtub. "Not the brightest fish in the pond, but she’s awfully pretty."

13.  Dear Emily and Richard -- Gilmore mansion. Lorelai brings Emily a DVD player and a stack of DVDs. "But there are wires involved and connections and electricity. You could hurt yourself or set the house on fire." "In your Easter bonnet. . ." "You could ruin our television set." ". . .with all the frills upon it, you’ll be the grandest fella in the Easter parade. Hoo! I'll be all in clover. . ." "I don’t like being ignored, Lorelai." ". . .and when they look us over, we’ll be the proudest people in the Easter parade."

14.  Swan Song -- Crap Shack. The girls eat Chinese food and talk about if Rory is ready for sex. "Nothing’s happened yet, but. . .it might. Maybe." "Maybe?" "Maybe. . .with Jess."

15.  Face-Off -- Crap Shack. Lorelai starts to tell Rory about dinner and Gran's fella, but Rory is tired and upset after seeing Dean with Lindsey at the hockey game and getting into it with Jess. "Fine, fine. Let me just say two words – jogging suit."

16.  The Big One -- Crap Shack. After the disastrous CNN speech, Rory finds three of the 'big envelopes' in the mailbox. "Apparently, you are the biggest virgin in the world."

17.  A Tale of Poes and Fire -- Independence Inn.  Lorelai, Sookie, and Michel take in the extent of the damage from the fire. Rory finds all of the Yale paraphernalia in her room.

18.  Happy Birthday, Baby -- Town Square. The girls discuss their very different relationships with Emily & Richard. Lorelai sees all the birthday stuff Rory put together. "What is that?" "The world’s largest pizza. Almost."

19.  Keg! Max! -- Kyle's house. Cops are called when Jess and Dean get into a fight at Kyle's party. "Okay, dump your cups and go home. Now."

20.  Say Goodnight, Gracie -- Bus. Rory sees Jess in the back. She's taking a later bus because her first class got cancelled. "So, you'll call me?" "Yeah, I'll call you."

21.  Here Comes the Son -- Crap Shack. Lorelai realizes Rory's been chosen Valedictorian. "Hey, listen, my little Holly Hunter in Broadcast News, I'm gonna let you freak out and study like a mad woman and stress yourself out until finals, but once they're over, we are gonna celebrate big time. . .'cause this is amazing."

22.  Those Are Strings, Pinocchio - Chilton. Lorelai and Rory take in the atmosphere one last time. "Wait, wait. Look around for a second. Notice?" "Notice what?" "It's not so scary anymore."

11 and 19 are our first casualties!  Voting against two.

1.  Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days -- Crap Shack. The girls make up after their fight about the Dean/Jess situation. "I mean, yes, I was surprised and I do think the basic sentiment of ‘make up your mind’ was kind of called for." They share a purse donut.

2.  Haunted Leg -- Doose's. Rory runs into Jess. She's upset about him and Shane. "I'm sorry, did I hear from you at all this summer? Did I just happen to miss the thousands of phone calls you made to me, or did the postman happen to lose all those letters you wrote to me? You kiss me, you tell me not to say anything - very flattering, by the way. You go off to Washington, then nothing. Then you come back here all put out because I didn't just sit around and wait for you like Dean would've done? And yeah, what about Dean? Are you still with him? 'Cause last time I checked, you were, and I haven't heard anything to the contrary."

3.  Application Anxiety -- Town Square. It's starting to sink in that Rory's going off to college soon. She and Lorelai ignore all the things they need to be doing and just hang. Luke and Taylor argue over the Old Fashioned Soda Shoppe sign. "And how are you spelling 'rights', Taylor? With two E’s and three S’s?"

4.  One's Got Class and the Other One Dyes -- Town Square. Lorelai meets up with Rory and Lane after being confronted by the helicopter moms upset about the talk at school. "It was one minute on my success in the business world, and that went very well. And it was ten minutes on the possibility that if I had had sex with a different man at a different time in my life, you wouldn’t have been born."

5.  Eight O'Clock at the Oasis -- FND. Lorelai follows Emily into the kitchen to apologize for breaking off her date with Peyton. "I know his mom is your friend, and I shouldn’t have even gotten mixed up in this whole thing if I wasn’t prepared to remember that what I do will affect you, and to me it’s just a Bowie concert, but to you, it’s not."

6.  Take the Deviled Eggs -- Town Square. The townies have all gathered for the Town Loner's protest, but nobody can understand him. Someone has egged Jess' car. With deviled eggs. "Someone prepared deviled eggs to throw at my car?"

7.  They Shoot Gilmores, Don't They? -- Dance Marathon. Dean and Rory have very publicly broken up. Kirk has won the dance marathon for the fifth year in a row. "Wait, what are you doing? I’m here, I’m standing, I used my yellow card!"

8.  Let the Games Begin -- Crap Shack. The girls spend some time winding down after their 'eventful' day at Yale. "Coffee, and Ovaltine."

9.  A Deep-Fried Korean Thanksgiving -- Luke's. The girls stop in after Thanksgiving dinner with the grandparents. They realize they didn't have to skip the rolls at the first three dinners since they left without eating much. They grab a bag of leftover rolls from Luke. "Just a little something for the walk home."

10.  That'll Do, Pig -- Crap Shack. Lorelai tells Rory about dinner with Gran and her parents. Rory tell Lorelai about hanging out with both Dean and Jess at the Winter Carnival. "Jess knows I’m friends with Dean, Dean knows I’m dating Jess, and they both seem fine with it. What?" "I just like that once in awhile, you still seem like a little kid."

12.  Lorelai Out of Water -- Crap Shack. The girls talk about Lorelai's date with Alex while they watch Jayne Mansfield swim around in the bathtub. "Not the brightest fish in the pond, but she’s awfully pretty."

13.  Dear Emily and Richard -- Gilmore mansion. Lorelai brings Emily a DVD player and a stack of DVDs. "But there are wires involved and connections and electricity. You could hurt yourself or set the house on fire." "In your Easter bonnet. . ." "You could ruin our television set." ". . .with all the frills upon it, you’ll be the grandest fella in the Easter parade. Hoo! I'll be all in clover. . ." "I don’t like being ignored, Lorelai." ". . .and when they look us over, we’ll be the proudest people in the Easter parade."

14.  Swan Song -- Crap Shack. The girls eat Chinese food and talk about if Rory is ready for sex. "Nothing’s happened yet, but. . .it might. Maybe." "Maybe?" "Maybe. . .with Jess."

15.  Face-Off -- Crap Shack. Lorelai starts to tell Rory about dinner and Gran's fella, but Rory is tired and upset after seeing Dean with Lindsey at the hockey game and getting into it with Jess. "Fine, fine. Let me just say two words – jogging suit."

16.  The Big One -- Crap Shack. After the disastrous CNN speech, Rory finds three of the 'big envelopes' in the mailbox. "Apparently, you are the biggest virgin in the world."

17.  A Tale of Poes and Fire -- Independence Inn.  Lorelai, Sookie, and Michel take in the extent of the damage from the fire. Rory finds all of the Yale paraphernalia in her room.

18.  Happy Birthday, Baby -- Town Square. The girls discuss their very different relationships with Emily & Richard. Lorelai sees all the birthday stuff Rory put together. "What is that?" "The world’s largest pizza. Almost."

20.  Say Goodnight, Gracie -- Bus. Rory sees Jess in the back. She's taking a later bus because her first class got cancelled. "So, you'll call me?" "Yeah, I'll call you."

21.  Here Comes the Son -- Crap Shack. Lorelai realizes Rory's been chosen Valedictorian. "Hey, listen, my little Holly Hunter in Broadcast News, I'm gonna let you freak out and study like a mad woman and stress yourself out until finals, but once they're over, we are gonna celebrate big time. . .'cause this is amazing."

22.  Those Are Strings, Pinocchio - Chilton. Lorelai and Rory take in the atmosphere one last time. "Wait, wait. Look around for a second. Notice?" "Notice what?" "It's not so scary anymore."

14, 15 gone.  Voting against two.

12,20 out. Voting against two.

8 is unanimously out! That hasn't happened in a while. 16 also out. Still voting against two.

1 hour ago, deaja said:

22 would be one of my favorites if Lorelai hadn’t been so determined to vandalize the beautiful woodwork!

I always took that as a joke.  (With Lorelai, though, you really never know LOL.)