Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

I'll go with the flow and say 11.  I know which one I want to win, but don't have a strong preference between the other two.

11 is gone.  It's down to the wire!  Which one is going to pull out the winner?

4.  Lane has Mrs Kim over to the apartment she shares with Zach and Brian. "This, we'll clean up. Window will be fixed. Temporary fridge. You two are girls." (Last Week Fights...)

5.  Lane sneaks in and kisses Mrs. Kim while she sleeps.  (Afterboom)

4 for the win!  It encapsulates so much of what I love about the growth of that relationship. Mrs. Kim isn't happy with Lane's choices, but she finds a way to make peace with it for the sake of her relationship with her daughter. And it is so funny. 

Our awesome, awesome winner:

Lane has Mrs Kim over to the apartment she shares with Zach and Brian. "This, we'll clean up. Window will be fixed. Temporary fridge. You two are girls." (Last Week Fights...)

As someone mentioned above, this moment really highlights Mrs. Kim's changing relationship with her daughter, and shows both of them willing to make concessions for the other without completely ignoring the things they feel strongly about, or pretending that something is totally okay with them when it's not.  I love it.

• Love 3

Richard serves Johnny Machete and they find out Rory is going to Yale.

Where did all the anvils go? Maybe they should ask Bob.

Richard talks about his trip to Atlantic City. Emily is less than pleased. 

Richard and Emily are upset because the neighbors gave out the king size candy bars for Halloween. Plus there are balls thumping

The owls- Lorelai didn't donate because she didn't read the newsletter. She says the owls will be fine and Emily says apparently not.

Kropogs dinner

Nitwit juice dinner with Luke

Rory's 16th birthday party

Richard serves meat at his drinks, detracting from Emily's dinner

Women of Questionable Morals where the dog attends

All of Friday Night is Alright for Fighting

"At least she had a husband"

Haunted Leg where dinner is interrupted by Chris and Emily throws him out

Jason weasels his way into a dinner

Oy with the poodles 

Die Jerk dinner where they discuss Rory's article

Partings where Chris and the counselor attend

The one with the accountant where Lorelai escapes through the window after asking him to predict Emily's death

1. Emily tells the girls Cousin Claudia has died, and reminisces about the time they stayed with Rudoph Gottfried while they were in Munich. "Mom, you socialized with a Nazi? That's despicable! That's heinous!" "No, dear, that was a joke." (Cinnamon's Wake)

2. Richard serves Johnny Machete for dinner, despite Emily's disdain.  "I saw an open can of cream of mushroom soup. Nothing good can come of that."  Rory reveals that she's decided to go to Yale.  (Happy Birthday, Baby)

3. Richard shares that he and Jason have acquired a Bob.  "Did he have to give himself two weeks' notice? Is there gonna be a sad little going-away party where he brings in his own cake and blows out his candles?" Maybe Bob knows where all the anvils went.  (Tick Tick Tick Boom)

4. Richard tells the girls about his trip to Atlantic City. The clients loved it. Emily did not. "I'll save you a trip. Tip an overflowing trash can on your front porch and walk up and down on it." (Die, Jerk)

5. Richard and Emily are upset with the neighbors. They gave out king-sized candy bars at Halloween and have flying, thumping balls all over the place. It may be time to go to the homeowner's association. "Or if that doesn't work, you could throw some hoods on and burn a full-size Mars bar on their front lawn." "King-size, Lorelai. King-size." (An Affair to Remember)

6. Jason sets Richard up with wi-fi. Richard is going to google Emily. Lorelai doesn't believe Jason can weasel his way into an invitation to dinner. "Emily, my business partner is going to be standing outside eating a cheeseburger." Everyone discusses Rory's article in the Yale paper and Jason wants recommendations for where to take a date for dinner. (Die, Jerk)

7. Lorelai didn't donate to save the spotted owls because she hasn't read her Chilton newsletter. "They'll live." "Well apparently they won't, dear. That's why they need the donations in the first place." (Rory's Dance)

8. Logan comes to dinner, and Richard and Emily fawn over him. "I’m glad to hear that Kropog is still part of the Yale vernacular. Tradition is so important." (How Many Kropogs to Cape Cod?)

9. Luke comes to dinner, and Emily spends the evening politely insulting him. "And I like this coat of yours, there's something nice about simple cloth." (You Jump, I Jump Jack)

10. Emily tells the girls to go around and put post-it notes on all the things they'd like to receive in the will. Lorelai wants to talk to her about Rory's birthday. "Should I sit down?" "Yeah, but not there, okay? We've got a post-it on that. We'd like to keep it nice." Emily refuses to change the night they come over for dinner and plans a party instead.  (Rory's Birthday Parties)

11. Richard serves appetizers during his drinks-with-the-girls portion of the evening, upsetting Emily. She then proceeds to force them to eat seconds at dinner to prove they really are still hungry. "Grandma's mean." "If it flew, swam, or crawled on this earth, we just ate it." (The Party's Over)

12. A stray dog finds its way to the Gilmore manse. Richard lets it stay in the pool house with him, Emily sits in during drinks to keep an eye on it but tells them to pretend she isn't there. "Okay. Well, um, Rory, oh my G-d, did I tell you about the horrendous thing that Mom did? She can be such a witch with a ‘B’." Emily has to tell the girls Straub has died, since they are not speaking to Christopher. (Women of Questionable Morals)

13. The Gilmores laugh, cry, and fight their way through an evening. "I only wished I'd remembered to call her a cocktail waitress." Friday Night Dinners have officially been reinstated. (Friday Night's Alright for Fighting)

14. Things are strained at FND after Lorelai and Christopher aren't together anymore, again. Rory tries to make peace. Lorelai reads in the paper that Shauna Christy killed her husband. "At least she had a husband to kill." (Haunted Leg)

15. Christopher shows up during FND because neither Lorelai or Rory will return his calls. Emily firmly tells him it's time to leave when she sees he is upsetting the girls. "You know, you need a mask and a horse when you do that." (Haunted Leg)

16. Lorelai gives Richard and Emily a pity invite to Sookie's wedding. She gives up trying to convince them it's a legitimate invitation. "Oy, with the poodles already."  (I Can't Get Started)

17. Emily surprises everyone by inviting Christopher to FND and then tries to set him up with a family friend. "Christopher, Lynnie once threw her mother the most wonderful birthday party. I think she made the cake herself, didn't you, Lynnie? Oh, these days a woman who can bake is a rare treasure, isn't she? And Lynnie is a Leo." (Partings)

18. Emily lets Rory skip FND to go on a 3-month anniversary date. She invites someone over and tries to set him up with Lorelai. "I'd love to be picking my locale right now." Lorelai sneaks out the window to escape. (Star Crossed Lovers and Other Strangers)

19. Rory attends FND alone because Lorelai has to buy last-minute things for the move to Yale. Emily holds Rory hostage with ballroom dancing videos until Lorelai comes to rescue her. "She won't let me leave, ever. This is Iran in '79 and you are Jimmy Carter." (Ballrooms & Biscotti)

20. The girls attend the first - of many - Friday night dinners. Rory is tall. Richard brags on Christopher. Lorelai and Emily argue about whether it's always going to be like this. "Well, fine, you have your precious pride and I have my weekly dinners. Isn't that nice? We both win." (Pilot)

21. Rory invites Jess to FND. He shows up with a black eye. He and Rory argue until he leaves, upset that she doesn't believe he didn't get in a fight with Dean. "Oh, great, so now I have to explain to my Grandma why my boyfriend who showed up a half-hour late with a black eye is walking out." "Well, you like making up stories in your head so that should be easy for you." (Swan Song)

22. Rory invites Dean to FND to celebrate her being in the top three percent of her class. Richard spends the evening grilling Dean and is not pleased with Rory dating him. "This family has standards. You live up to them, and you should expect that everyone that you spend time with live up to them also. You are a gifted girl with immense promise, and you should learn very early that certain people can hold you back." (Sadie, Sadie)

The girls are having a heated discussion while waving around meatballs. They get them taken away.

The first FND after the big blow up. Lorelai compliments Emily's roses. She's missed her calling. They are civil. Richard loves shrimp! " (You've Been Gilmored)

Luke and Lorelai go to FND and talk April, insurance, and suicide by starter pistol. "Fell prey to a telephone scam running out of Estonia. Took his life with a track-and-field starter's pistol.  On your mark, get set, die awkwardly."  (You've Been Gilmored)

1. Emily tells the girls Cousin Claudia has died, and reminisces about the time they stayed with Rudoph Gottfried while they were in Munich. "Mom, you socialized with a Nazi? That's despicable! That's heinous!" "No, dear, that was a joke." (Cinnamon's Wake)

2. Richard serves Johnny Machete for dinner, despite Emily's disdain.  "I saw an open can of cream of mushroom soup. Nothing good can come of that."  Rory reveals that she's decided to go to Yale.  (Happy Birthday, Baby)

3. Richard shares that he and Jason have acquired a Bob.  "Did he have to give himself two weeks' notice? Is there gonna be a sad little going-away party where he brings in his own cake and blows out his candles?" Maybe Bob knows where all the anvils went.  (Tick Tick Tick Boom)

4. Richard tells the girls about his trip to Atlantic City. The clients loved it. Emily did not. "I'll save you a trip. Tip an overflowing trash can on your front porch and walk up and down on it." (Die, Jerk)

5. Richard and Emily are upset with the neighbors. They gave out king-sized candy bars at Halloween and have flying, thumping balls all over the place. It may be time to go to the homeowner's association. "Or if that doesn't work, you could throw some hoods on and burn a full-size Mars bar on their front lawn." "King-size, Lorelai. King-size." (An Affair to Remember)

6. Jason sets Richard up with wi-fi. Richard is going to google Emily. Lorelai doesn't believe Jason can weasel his way into an invitation to dinner. "Emily, my business partner is going to be standing outside eating a cheeseburger." Everyone discusses Rory's article in the Yale paper and Jason wants recommendations for where to take a date for dinner. (Die, Jerk)

7. Lorelai didn't donate to save the spotted owls because she hasn't read her Chilton newsletter. "They'll live." "Well apparently they won't, dear. That's why they need the donations in the first place." (Rory's Dance)

8. Logan comes to dinner, and Richard and Emily fawn over him. "I’m glad to hear that Kropog is still part of the Yale vernacular. Tradition is so important." (How Many Kropogs to Cape Cod?)

9. Luke comes to dinner, and Emily spends the evening politely insulting him. "And I like this coat of yours, there's something nice about simple cloth." (You Jump, I Jump Jack)

10. Emily tells the girls to go around and put post-it notes on all the things they'd like to receive in the will. Lorelai wants to talk to her about Rory's birthday. "Should I sit down?" "Yeah, but not there, okay? We've got a post-it on that. We'd like to keep it nice." Emily refuses to change the night they come over for dinner and plans a party instead.  (Rory's Birthday Parties)

11. Richard serves appetizers during his drinks-with-the-girls portion of the evening, upsetting Emily. She then proceeds to force them to eat seconds at dinner to prove they really are still hungry. "Grandma's mean." "If it flew, swam, or crawled on this earth, we just ate it." (The Party's Over)

12. A stray dog finds its way to the Gilmore manse. Richard lets it stay in the pool house with him, Emily sits in during drinks to keep an eye on it but tells them to pretend she isn't there. "Okay. Well, um, Rory, oh my G-d, did I tell you about the horrendous thing that Mom did? She can be such a witch with a ‘B’." Emily has to tell the girls Straub has died, since they are not speaking to Christopher. (Women of Questionable Morals)

13. The Gilmores laugh, cry, and fight their way through an evening. "I only wished I'd remembered to call her a cocktail waitress." Friday Night Dinners have officially been reinstated. (Friday Night's Alright for Fighting)

14. Things are strained at FND after Lorelai and Christopher aren't together anymore, again. Rory tries to make peace. Lorelai reads in the paper that Shauna Christy killed her husband. "At least she had a husband to kill." (Haunted Leg)

15. Christopher shows up during FND because neither Lorelai or Rory will return his calls. Emily firmly tells him it's time to leave when she sees he is upsetting the girls. "You know, you need a mask and a horse when you do that." (Haunted Leg)

16. Lorelai gives Richard and Emily a pity invite to Sookie's wedding. She gives up trying to convince them it's a legitimate invitation. "Oy, with the poodles already."  (I Can't Get Started)

17. Emily surprises everyone by inviting Christopher to FND and then tries to set him up with a family friend. "Christopher, Lynnie once threw her mother the most wonderful birthday party. I think she made the cake herself, didn't you, Lynnie? Oh, these days a woman who can bake is a rare treasure, isn't she? And Lynnie is a Leo." (Partings)

18. Emily lets Rory skip FND to go on a 3-month anniversary date. She invites someone over and tries to set him up with Lorelai. "I'd love to be picking my locale right now." Lorelai sneaks out the window to escape. (Star Crossed Lovers and Other Strangers)

19. Rory attends FND alone because Lorelai has to buy last-minute things for the move to Yale. Emily holds Rory hostage with ballroom dancing videos until Lorelai comes to rescue her. "She won't let me leave, ever. This is Iran in '79 and you are Jimmy Carter." (Ballrooms & Biscotti)

20. The girls attend the first - of many - Friday night dinners. Rory is tall. Richard brags on Christopher. Lorelai and Emily argue about whether it's always going to be like this. "Well, fine, you have your precious pride and I have my weekly dinners. Isn't that nice? We both win." (Pilot)

21. Rory invites Jess to FND. He shows up with a black eye. He and Rory argue until he leaves, upset that she doesn't believe he didn't get in a fight with Dean. "Oh, great, so now I have to explain to my Grandma why my boyfriend who showed up a half-hour late with a black eye is walking out." "Well, you like making up stories in your head so that should be easy for you." (Swan Song)

22. Rory invites Dean to FND to celebrate her being in the top three percent of her class. Richard spends the evening grilling Dean and is not pleased with Rory dating him. "This family has standards. You live up to them, and you should expect that everyone that you spend time with live up to them also. You are a gifted girl with immense promise, and you should learn very early that certain people can hold you back." (Sadie, Sadie)

23. Rory and Lorelai have a heated discussion while waving around meatballs. Emily calls for Musepa to come take their plates away. "Spaghetti and meatballs is just too much excitement." (Driving Miss Gilmore)

24. The Gilmores are politely but awkwardly civil with each other at dinner. Lorelai admires the floral arrangement. Emily may have missed her calling. They are allowed to discuss Yale, just not pay for it. Richard loves shrimp. Emily wants to know why she has not yet received a 'Save the Date' card for Lorelai's wedding. "I mean, I assume I'm invited. I haven't heard. I haven't heard if I'm invited, if I'm in the wedding, if I need a dress. And now you won't tell me the date of this wedding that I may or may not be invited to." (You've Been Gilmored)

25. Luke and Lorelai go to FND and talk April, insurance, and suicide by starter pistol. "Fell prey to a telephone scam running out of Estonia. Took his life with a track-and-field starter's pistol.  On your mark, get set, die awkwardly."  (You've Been Gilmored)

- Straub and Francine come to FND when Christopher comes to town and see Rory for the first time since she was a baby. Straub "doesn't care how smart you say that girl is", and accuses Lorelai of ruining Christopher's life. Richard defends Lorelai: "You recant that! My daughter is very successful at what she does!", but later lays into her when she tries to thank him: "Yes it does matter why I did it, it matters greatly!". Emily fixes Rory a plate in the kitchen and assures her that no part of her existance has ever been a dissapointment, "not for one single second". She calls Straub a big ass. Christopher and Lorelai end up on the balcony.-Christopher Returns

-A snowstorm keeps Lorelai from getting to FND and strands Rory in Hartford for the night. She introduces her grandparents to frozen pizza and they look at old pictures of Lorelai-Love and War and Snow

And speaking of frozen pizza..

-Rory and Lorelai split up and each have dinner with one of the elder Gilmores to try and convince them to reconcile. Rory and Richard eat frozen pizza and she drops hints about going back to something comforting. He calls her a lovely girl. She says she has good genes. Meanwhile, Emily tells a flustered Lorelai she wants to date.-Emily Says Hello

We have over 30 now, so you folks start voting!  Let's start out voting against three.

23. Rory and Lorelai have a heated discussion while waving around meatballs. Emily calls for Musepa to come take their plates away. "Spaghetti and meatballs is just too much excitement." (Driving Miss Gilmore)

24. The Gilmores are politely but awkwardly civil with each other at dinner. Lorelai admires the floral arrangement. Emily may have missed her calling. They are allowed to discuss Yale, just not pay for it. Richard loves shrimp. Emily wants to know why she has not yet received a 'Save the Date' card for Lorelai's wedding. "I mean, I assume I'm invited. I haven't heard. I haven't heard if I'm invited, if I'm in the wedding, if I need a dress. And now you won't tell me the date of this wedding that I may or may not be invited to." (You've Been Gilmored)

25. Luke and Lorelai go to FND and talk April, insurance, and suicide by starter pistol. "Fell prey to a telephone scam running out of Estonia. Took his life with a track-and-field starter's pistol.  On your mark, get set, die awkwardly."  (You've Been Gilmored)

26. Straub and Francine come to FND when Christopher comes to town and see Rory for the first time since she was a baby. Straub "doesn't care how smart you say that girl is", and accuses Lorelai of ruining Christopher's life. Richard defends Lorelai: "You recant that! My daughter is very successful at what she does!", but later lays into her when she tries to thank him: "Yes it does matter why I did it, it matters greatly!". Emily fixes Rory a plate in the kitchen and assures her that no part of her existance has ever been a dissapointment, "not for one single second". She calls Straub a big ass. Christopher and Lorelai end up on the balcony. "My parents have got to seal these windows up, I swear to G-d." (Christopher Returns)

27. A snowstorm keeps Lorelai from getting to FND and strands Rory in Hartford for the night. She introduces her grandparents to frozen pizza and they look at old pictures of Lorelai. "Mom had a coming out party?" "No, she didn't." "....Oh." (Love and War and Snow)

28. Rory and Lorelai split up and each have dinner with one of the elder Gilmores to try and convince them to reconcile. Rory and Richard eat frozen pizza and she drops hints about going back to something comforting. He calls her a lovely girl. She says she has good genes. Meanwhile, Emily tells a flustered Lorelai she wants to date. "Hey, I told you not to make me have dinner alone with her." "What did you say to her?" "I said, 'are you getting back with Dad?' And she said he wouldn't butter her roll." (Emily Says Hello)

29. Lorelai invites the parents to the opening of the test run of the Dragonfly. Richard and Emily are having a difficult time being civil. "I packed our things. I think it's time to go. I hope you've had your fun." "Oh, yeah. It's been a blast." (Raincoats and Recipes)

30. Rory finds out she's got a new job. She leaves in three days. "So, this is it. This is the last time we'll see you for who knows how long." "Oh, yeah, I guess it is." "After-dinner drinks for sure." (Bon Voyage)

31. Rory goes back to FND and is cool and distant after the debacle at the vow renewal. "We do have a contract. But it’s to come to dinner. Period. There’s no agreement on how vivacious or bubbly I have to be." (So...Good Talk)

5 minutes ago, lulu1960 said:

8 (I hate this one with the heat of a 1000 suns)

8 for sure. Kropogs is always in hard competition with AVV for my absolute least favorite episode, and it's all because of how much I hate every part of this dinner.

Also..17, 24.

Edited by Bumblebee Tights
Double quote

17, 8, and 4 are outta here!  Continue to vote against three.

26. Straub and Francine come to FND when Christopher comes to town and see Rory for the first time since she was a baby. Straub "doesn't care how smart you say that girl is", and accuses Lorelai of ruining Christopher's life. Richard defends Lorelai: "You recant that! My daughter is very successful at what she does!", but later lays into her when she tries to thank him: "Yes it does matter why I did it, it matters greatly!". Emily fixes Rory a plate in the kitchen and assures her that no part of her existance has ever been a dissapointment, "not for one single second". She calls Straub a big ass. Christopher and Lorelai end up on the balcony. "My parents have got to seal these windows up, I swear to G-d." (Christopher Returns)

27. A snowstorm keeps Lorelai from getting to FND and strands Rory in Hartford for the night. She introduces her grandparents to frozen pizza and they look at old pictures of Lorelai. "Mom had a coming out party?" "No, she didn't." "....Oh." (Love and War and Snow)

28. Rory and Lorelai split up and each have dinner with one of the elder Gilmores to try and convince them to reconcile. Rory and Richard eat frozen pizza and she drops hints about going back to something comforting. He calls her a lovely girl. She says she has good genes. Meanwhile, Emily tells a flustered Lorelai she wants to date. "Hey, I told you not to make me have dinner alone with her." "What did you say to her?" "I said, 'are you getting back with Dad?' And she said he wouldn't butter her roll." (Emily Says Hello)

29. Lorelai invites the parents to the opening of the test run of the Dragonfly. Richard and Emily are having a difficult time being civil. "I packed our things. I think it's time to go. I hope you've had your fun." "Oh, yeah. It's been a blast." (Raincoats and Recipes)

30. Rory finds out she's got a new job. She leaves in three days. "So, this is it. This is the last time we'll see you for who knows how long." "Oh, yeah, I guess it is." "After-dinner drinks for sure." (Bon Voyage)

31. Rory goes back to FND and is cool and distant after the debacle at the vow renewal. "We do have a contract. But it’s to come to dinner. Period. There’s no agreement on how vivacious or bubbly I have to be." (So...Good Talk)

29, 21, and with my tie-breaking vote, 9 are goners!  Didn't care for any of these so I'm glad to see them go.  Continue to vote against three.