Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

24 is outta here!

1.  Rory, Jess, and Paris eat tons of junk food and discuss literature. Jack Kerouac needs to learn to edit. Paris covers for Rory when Angry!Dean shows up, saying she has a crush on Jess. (There's the Rub)

4.  Paris gets asked out by Jamie, but doesn't realize it was for an actual date. (Lazy Hazy)

5.  Paris goes to the Bangles concert with Rory and they bond over how silly Madeline and Louise are being. (Concert Interruptus)

27.  Paris tries to find the 'seedy underbelly' of Stars Hollow.  "Reverend Nichols, huh?  What is that, like Doctor Feelgood?"  Luke wants to know how much Rory likes this person.  Rory tells him to do what he's gotta do.  (RiSH)

Edited by Taryn74

4 is gone!  We're really down to it now!  I don't think I've seen any votes at all for 5 so far which is making me really nervous for 1, which is my favorite for lots of reasons.

1.  Rory, Jess, and Paris eat tons of junk food and discuss literature. Jack Kerouac needs to learn to edit. Paris covers for Rory when Angry!Dean shows up, saying she has a crush on Jess. (There's the Rub)

5.  Paris goes to the Bangles concert with Rory and they bond over how silly Madeline and Louise are being. (Concert Interruptus)

27.  Paris tries to find the 'seedy underbelly' of Stars Hollow.  "Reverend Nichols, huh?  What is that, like Doctor Feelgood?"  Luke wants to know how much Rory likes this person.  Rory tells him to do what he's gotta do.  (RiSH)

Oh man, I love 5...I also love the softer side of Paris, and for me, this whole episode is the foundation of the Paris/Rory friendship, and it's a lot more about Paris as the main focus, rather than about an ensemble and Paris being secondary.

That said, these are all awesome moments...there's so much to love with Paris.

Two of my very favorites survived to the end!  Yay!  

I'm going to go ahead and cast a vote this round, against 27, because 1 is not only a favorite Paris moment, it's one of my favorite scenes of the entire series.

• Love 1

I generally prefer the non-sweet Paris side, but #27 isn't that memorable for me and I love the Jess/Paris discussion leading up to the sweeter moment.

So tickled that this is our winner!!  I love this one because it's not "vulnerable" Paris but she's not on her guard and overly caustic either.  She's just in her element and enjoying herself.

Rory, Jess, and Paris eat tons of junk food and discuss literature. Jack Kerouac needs to learn to edit. Paris covers for Rory when Angry!Dean shows up, saying she has a crush on Jess. (There's the Rub)

Let's start listing favorite Michel moments for our next game!

I'll start off with -

Michel ignores Lorelai's babbling about Rory going to the club with Richard.  "To me, you are the teacher in the Charlie Brown cartoon." -- Kill Me Now

Michel telling the French guests that he is from Texas.

People are particularly stupid today. I can't talk to any more of them.

Michel plays with the kids (Who wants to play an insipid board game?)

Michel rolls "Truman" Davy under the bed. He was playing baby crepe

Baby Crepe!  Hahahaha.

1.  Michel ignores Lorelai's babbling about Rory going to the club with Richard.  "To me, you are the teacher in the Charlie Brown cartoon." -- Kill Me Now

2.  Michel telling the French guests that he is from Texas.  "Sir, I'm just a simple country boy from Texas. I do not understand this francais business you're babbling about."  -- Cinnamon's Wake

3.  "People are particularly stupid today. I can't talk to any more of them." -- Pilot

4.  Michel plays with the kids ("Who wants to play an insipid board game?") -- A Messenger, Nothing More

5.  Michel rolls "Truman" Davy under the bed. He was playing baby crepe.  -- The Nanny and the Professor

Michel lets Emily into the Crap Shack to pick up Rory's things. ("I am here. I am here and not at the Dragonfly Inn, which I theoretically run, when I'm not busy answering doors like Benson.") -- New and Improved Lorelai

• Love 1

When Michel redid the Inn's website to be a picture of himself.  You click on different parts of him to navigate.

When he won the trailer on Price is Right but insists he did not jump or wear a t-shirt.

When he calls Rory "Little Lorelai" for stealing his pink sticky notes.

"I'm being punked, I know I'm being punked."  The Nanny and the Professor

Where he won't swear on Destiny's Child not to count the blueberries "Pick another group!"

The wedding planning for the "Doublemint Twins".  ("The battle for soup versus salad is waging in the other room. Come quick and settle it, please, as I'm running out of French curse words that they won't understand." ) -- Kill Me Now 

When he's calling other hotels about jobs as the Independence Inn is on fire.

When Sookie and Lorelai visit him at his new hotel.

When he's supposed to fire the guy but ends up adopting two dogs.