Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

15 gone!

Favorite Episode End Scenes – Season 1

1. Pilot – Luke's. The girls have survived their first (somewhat disastrous) FND. Lorelai grills Rory about Dean. Luke tries to get Rory to eat something healthy. “Rory, please, put down that cup of coffee. You do not want to grow up to be like your mom.” “Sorry, too late.”

2. The Lorelai's First Day at Chilton – Town Square. The girls and Lane eat pizza as they walk home. Mrs. Kim has found a bulk tofu supplier. Paris turned fourteen shades of purple when Rory beat her to an answer in history class. Lorelai wonders if Rory thinks Luke is cute. “If you date him, you'll break up, and we'll never be able to eat there again.” Luke waits until they've walked off before changing his sign to Closed.

9. Rory's Dance – Crap Shack. Rory overhears Lorelai and Emily fighting over her falling asleep with Dean at Miss Patty's after the dance, and then gets into a fight with Lorelai herself. “This is crap! You know I didn't do anything. You know this was an accident. You're just mad because I screwed up and I did it in front of Grandma and she nailed you for it. Well I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I screwed up and I'm sorry that you got yelled at, but I didn't do anything and you know it!”

10. Forgiveness & Stuff – Luke's. Lorelai brings Luke a hat and thanks him for being there for her when Richard went to the hospital. They watch the Christmas procession through Luke's window. “It’s hard to imagine living somewhere else, isn’t it?”

12. Double Date – Luke's. Luke and Lorelai talk about the double dates the night before. “Yeah, in fact you rushed out of here before I had a chance to --” “A chance to...?” “Kick your ass in poker.” “Hah, you wish.”

19. Emily in Wonderland – Dragonfly Property. The girls sit outside on the grass and dream about it being beautiful again some day while Sookie wanders around freaking out. “Wow, your own inn.” “Cool, huh?”

Almost there!  12 out!

1. Pilot – Luke's. The girls have survived their first (somewhat disastrous) FND. Lorelai grills Rory about Dean. Luke tries to get Rory to eat something healthy. “Rory, please, put down that cup of coffee. You do not want to grow up to be like your mom.” “Sorry, too late.”

2. The Lorelai's First Day at Chilton – Town Square. The girls and Lane eat pizza as they walk home. Mrs. Kim has found a bulk tofu supplier. Paris turned fourteen shades of purple when Rory beat her to an answer in history class. Lorelai wonders if Rory thinks Luke is cute. “If you date him, you'll break up, and we'll never be able to eat there again.” Luke waits until they've walked off before changing his sign to Closed.

9. Rory's Dance – Crap Shack. Rory overhears Lorelai and Emily fighting over her falling asleep with Dean at Miss Patty's after the dance, and then gets into a fight with Lorelai herself. “This is crap! You know I didn't do anything. You know this was an accident. You're just mad because I screwed up and I did it in front of Grandma and she nailed you for it. Well I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I screwed up and I'm sorry that you got yelled at, but I didn't do anything and you know it!”

10. Forgiveness & Stuff – Luke's. Lorelai brings Luke a hat and thanks him for being there for her when Richard went to the hospital. They watch the Christmas procession through Luke's window. “It’s hard to imagine living somewhere else, isn’t it?”

19. Emily in Wonderland – Dragonfly Property. The girls sit outside on the grass and dream about it being beautiful again some day while Sookie wanders around freaking out. “Wow, your own inn.” “Cool, huh?”

2 out.  One more and then we move on to Season 2!

We have our Top Three!  I've got a lot of running around to do today but I'll try to get Season 2 up some time this afternoon.  No promises.

Pilot – Luke's. The girls have survived their first (somewhat disastrous) FND. Lorelai grills Rory about Dean. Luke tries to get Rory to eat something healthy. “Rory, please, put down that cup of coffee. You do not want to grow up to be like your mom.” “Sorry, too late.”

Forgiveness & Stuff – Luke's. Lorelai brings Luke a hat and thanks him for being there for her when Richard went to the hospital. They watch the Christmas procession through Luke's window. “It’s hard to imagine living somewhere else, isn’t it?”

Emily in Wonderland – Dragonfly Property. The girls sit outside on the grass and dream about it being beautiful again some day while Sookie wanders around freaking out. “Wow, your own inn.” “Cool, huh?”

Edited by Taryn74

Favorite Episode End Scenes Season 2

1.  Sadie, Sadie -- Crap Shack.  Max gives Lorelai the ring he picked out with Rory and Cujo's help.  "I'm getting married."

2.  Hammers & Veils -- Gilmore mansion.  Lorelai comes over to apologize to Emily for waiting to tell her that she and Max were engaged.  "Um, I don't know if you've noticed this or not, but we don't communicate very well. When something good happens to me, I'm just afraid you're gonna make me feel bad about it. And when something bad happens to me, I'm always afraid you'll say 'I told you so.' I'm not sure if that's always fair, and I'm sure I share part of the blame for this circle we get into, but you think your words don't have any effect on me, but they do. And, I just didn't want to feel bad about this, so I waited. And I really didn't mean to hurt you."

3.  Red Light on the Wedding Night -- Town Square.  Lorelai and Rory are going on a road trip.  They wait for the light to change.  "So are we almost there?" "We're almost there and nowhere near it. All that matters is we're going."

4.  Road Trip to Harvard -- Town Square.  Lorelai and Rory get back from their road trip.  Rory tells Lane all about seeing Harvard.  Lorelai calls Sookie.  "I wanna start moving on the inn thing. . .I mean, take serious steps. We're ready, don't you think?"

5.  Nick & Nora, Sid & Nancy -- Town Square.  Rory runs into Jess and he gives her back the book he 'borrowed' from her room earlier.   "I thought you said you didn't read much." "Well, what is much?"

6.  Presenting Lorelai Gilmore -- Gilmore mansion.  Lorelai drops by to 'hang' with Emily.  "You know Mom, if there's ever anything you want to talk about with me, you can." "All right."

7.  Like Mother, Like Daughter -- Chilton.  After the disastrous 'being Puffed' incident, Rory sits back at her usual lunch table, alone.  Another girl joins her and they both sit in silence, reading.

8.  The Ins and Outs of Inns -- Luke's.  Lorelai orders toast.  Luke warns her it's going to take longer because his big toaster is broken.  He doesn't know Jess fixed it.  "I have no idea what you're babbling about. I don't fix things."

9.  Run Away, Little Boy -- Luke's.  Lorelai comes over to tell Luke she's glad she has certain people in her life who will always be there.  "There's Rory, and Sookie, and this town and ... you. I mean, at least I think I've got..." "You do." "Good. Just checking."

10.  The Bracebridge Dinner -- Town Square.  Lorelai and Rory take a horse-drawn sleigh home.  The fancy shmancy snowman has met a terrible fate.  "Bad news for ringer guy. But guess who wins by default?" "I guess that would be us."

11.  Secrets and Loans -- FND.  Lorelai thanks Emily for co-signing the loan to get the termite repairs done on the house, and apologizes for doubting Emily's motives.  "Well, that almost sounded sincere." "Yeah, I should've left off one of the 'really's. That always tips it."

12.  Richard in Stars Hollow -- Gilmore mansion.  Richard gets back from his day with Lorelai and pretends that a lovely time was had by all.  "Well I’m thrilled that you had such a wonderful time. It was good for you to get out like that."

13.  A-Tisket, A-Tasket -- Crap Shack.  Rory and Lorelai make up after their fight about the picnic and Jess, then Rory calls him after Lorelai leaves the room.  "Maybe you can explain what the hell this crazy woman is talking about." "Ah, The Fountainhead."

14.  It Should've Been Lorelai -- Luke's.  Christopher goes off on Lorelai after she 'thanks' him for settling down with Sherry so she can finally move on and get over him.  "Dammit Lorelai, you’re dumping fifteen years of unhappiness on me? Fifteen years of not having healthy, lasting relationships on me?"

15.  Lost and Found -- Luke's apartment.  He's decided to expand and remodel to make room for Jess, rather than rent a new place.  He takes a sledgehammer to the wall.  "That’s your room. Finish up. We’ll hold hands and skip afterwards."

16.  There's the Rub -- Luke's.  Lorelai and Dean watch Rory and Jess talk at the counter.  "She had nothing to do with Jess coming over. Believe me, she did not want him there." "That’s what she told me. And Rory wouldn’t lie, right?" "No, Rory wouldn’t lie."

17.  Dead Uncles and Vegetables -- Luke's.  The Townies gather after Louie's funeral to eat and share stories.  "Don’t you have wakes for people you like?" "I think it might be for you."

18.  Back in the Saddle Again -- Crap Shack.  Lorelai comes home after dropping Rory off at Lane's to find Dean sitting on her porch.  "She likes Jess, doesn't she?"

19.  Teach Me Tonight -- Town Square.  The girls overhear Miss Patty and Babette talking about Jess leaving town after the car accident.  "I can’t believe Luke would send him off like that." "Well, I heard the kid wanted to go. I don’t know. All I know is that Jess is gone."

20.  Help Wanted -- Luke's.  Rory sees that Luke is back after his 'fishing trip' and stops in for a minute.  "Luke?" "Yeah?" "It wasn't his fault." "I know it wasn't."

21.  Lorelai's Graduation Day -- Crap Shack.  Lorelai comes home and finds out Rory missed her graduation because she went to NYC to see Jess.  "Okay, just let me take a shower and get the horrible smell of this horrible day off of me, and then we'll go anywhere you want, my treat, and I won't enjoy it. And then we'll come home and I'll go straight to bed and I'll have a terrible night's sleep, okay?"

22.  I Can't Get Started -- Independence Inn.  Lorelai and Rory try to focus on being happy for Sookie's wedding.  "I think I’m going to Washington." "Oh. Okay."

Edited by Taryn74

3, 11, 14 out.  Vote against two.  (Sorry I forgot to specify last round!)

1.  Sadie, Sadie -- Crap Shack.  Max gives Lorelai the ring he picked out with Rory and Cujo's help.  "I'm getting married."

2.  Hammers & Veils -- Gilmore mansion.  Lorelai comes over to apologize to Emily for waiting to tell her that she and Max were engaged.  "Um, I don't know if you've noticed this or not, but we don't communicate very well. When something good happens to me, I'm just afraid you're gonna make me feel bad about it. And when something bad happens to me, I'm always afraid you'll say 'I told you so.' I'm not sure if that's always fair, and I'm sure I share part of the blame for this circle we get into, but you think your words don't have any effect on me, but they do. And, I just didn't want to feel bad about this, so I waited. And I really didn't mean to hurt you."

4.  Road Trip to Harvard -- Town Square.  Lorelai and Rory get back from their road trip.  Rory tells Lane all about seeing Harvard.  Lorelai calls Sookie.  "I wanna start moving on the inn thing. . .I mean, take serious steps. We're ready, don't you think?"

5.  Nick & Nora, Sid & Nancy -- Town Square.  Rory runs into Jess and he gives her back the book he 'borrowed' from her room earlier.   "I thought you said you didn't read much." "Well, what is much?"

6.  Presenting Lorelai Gilmore -- Gilmore mansion.  Lorelai drops by to 'hang' with Emily.  "You know Mom, if there's ever anything you want to talk about with me, you can." "All right."

7.  Like Mother, Like Daughter -- Chilton.  After the disastrous 'being Puffed' incident, Rory sits back at her usual lunch table, alone.  Another girl joins her and they both sit in silence, reading.

8.  The Ins and Outs of Inns -- Luke's.  Lorelai orders toast.  Luke warns her it's going to take longer because his big toaster is broken.  He doesn't know Jess fixed it.  "I have no idea what you're babbling about. I don't fix things."

9.  Run Away, Little Boy -- Luke's.  Lorelai comes over to tell Luke she's glad she has certain people in her life who will always be there.  "There's Rory, and Sookie, and this town and ... you. I mean, at least I think I've got..." "You do." "Good. Just checking."

10.  The Bracebridge Dinner -- Town Square.  Lorelai and Rory take a horse-drawn sleigh home.  The fancy shmancy snowman has met a terrible fate.  "Bad news for ringer guy. But guess who wins by default?" "I guess that would be us."

12.  Richard in Stars Hollow -- Gilmore mansion.  Richard gets back from his day with Lorelai and pretends that a lovely time was had by all.  "Well I’m thrilled that you had such a wonderful time. It was good for you to get out like that."

13.  A-Tisket, A-Tasket -- Crap Shack.  Rory and Lorelai make up after their fight about the picnic and Jess, then Rory calls him after Lorelai leaves the room.  "Maybe you can explain what the hell this crazy woman is talking about." "Ah, The Fountainhead."

15.  Lost and Found -- Luke's apartment.  He's decided to expand and remodel to make room for Jess, rather than rent a new place.  He takes a sledgehammer to the wall.  "That’s your room. Finish up. We’ll hold hands and skip afterwards."

16.  There's the Rub -- Luke's.  Lorelai and Dean watch Rory and Jess talk at the counter.  "She had nothing to do with Jess coming over. Believe me, she did not want him there." "That’s what she told me. And Rory wouldn’t lie, right?" "No, Rory wouldn’t lie."

17.  Dead Uncles and Vegetables -- Luke's.  The Townies gather after Louie's funeral to eat and share stories.  "Don’t you have wakes for people you like?" "I think it might be for you."

18.  Back in the Saddle Again -- Crap Shack.  Lorelai comes home after dropping Rory off at Lane's to find Dean sitting on her porch.  "She likes Jess, doesn't she?"

19.  Teach Me Tonight -- Town Square.  The girls overhear Miss Patty and Babette talking about Jess leaving town after the car accident.  "I can’t believe Luke would send him off like that." "Well, I heard the kid wanted to go. I don’t know. All I know is that Jess is gone."

20.  Help Wanted -- Luke's.  Rory sees that Luke is back after his 'fishing trip' and stops in for a minute.  "Luke?" "Yeah?" "It wasn't his fault." "I know it wasn't."

21.  Lorelai's Graduation Day -- Crap Shack.  Lorelai comes home and finds out Rory missed her graduation because she went to NYC to see Jess.  "Okay, just let me take a shower and get the horrible smell of this horrible day off of me, and then we'll go anywhere you want, my treat, and I won't enjoy it. And then we'll come home and I'll go straight to bed and I'll have a terrible night's sleep, okay?"

22.  I Can't Get Started -- Independence Inn.  Lorelai and Rory try to focus on being happy for Sookie's wedding.  "I think I’m going to Washington." "Oh. Okay."

10, 16 gone.  Still voting against two.

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

But I gotta say, this is ALREADY tough. Damn. So many good ones. 

Right?  I'm glad we're doing this opening/ending scenes game.  I'm really being reminded how GOOD this show was for most of its run.  

• Love 2