Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

15 is gone!  (And it's the one I would have voted for if I'd have had to play tie-breaker, so all is good in GG world today.  I can't even remember anything about the episode other than Lindsey's mom yelling at Rory and Lorelai in town square.  Not that Rory didn't deserve it.)

1. Rory's Birthday Parties

2. Forgiveness & Stuff

3. Double Date

4. The Bracebridge Dinner

5. A-Tisket, A-Tasket

6. Dead Uncles & Vegetables

7. They Shoot Gilmores, Don't They?

8. A Deep Fried Korean Thanksgiving

9. Those Are Strings, Pinocchio

10. The Fundamental Things Apply

12. Luke Can See Her Face

13. Last Week Fights, This Week Tights

14. Raincoats & Recipes

16. Written in the Stars

There is so much I love about this episode (Rory's graduation speech being the top of the list, her meeting and negotiation with her grandparents) but also so much I hate about this episode (Sookie going in and out of the graduation ceremony proving once again that she and Lorelai have no decorum when it comes to big emotional events, Lorelai wanting to vandalize Chilton, Jess calling, etc.). Then there is stuff I just don't care about (Luke and Nicole).  So, for all the good of the episode, I'm voting against it.

35 minutes ago, lulu1960 said:

Wait did I miss a round of voting?

Messenger got voted out?

It looks like you missed the round yesterday/this morning, Lulu.  Messenger was the latest casualty.

Oh man, 1 or 3.  1 or 3.  As much as it pangs my heart, I guess I'm going to have to vote against 3, even though it's one of my favorites of the entire series.  But that's more for the individual scenes rather than the episode as a whole, whereas I love Rory's Birthday Parties as a whole.

1. Rory's Birthday Parties

2. Forgiveness & Stuff

5. A-Tisket, A-Tasket

14. Raincoats & Recipes

16. Written in the Stars

• Love 1

7 (again! ?) Not that I don't like it, just that I like the others better. But Dean and Jess both being at the dance marathon always has me cringing. Jess shouldn't have provoked Dean and put Rory in that position and Dean shouldn't have shouted at her and dumped her infront of everyone. And this is coming from a Jess fan!

• Love 1

1 or 9.  Why ya'll keep doing this to me?!?  *pulling hair*

I guess it's time to let Rory's Birthday Parties go.  TAS,P has almost everything I love about this show (and only a few things that make me groan).

2. Forgiveness & Stuff

5. A-Tisket, A-Tasket

14. Raincoats & Recipes

16. Written in the Stars

Lorelai and her childish tantrum at Thanksgiving dinner are out the door! (That is the ONLY part of that episode I don't adore, though.  I guess they had to throw something in to keep it from being perfect, heh.)

2. Forgiveness & Stuff

5. A-Tisket, A-Tasket

14. Raincoats & Recipes

16. Written in the Stars

• Love 1

Am I the only one who fast forwards through that whole section of ADFKT?! I usually like Lorelai and can understand her perspective, but those scenes are just embarrassing! 

My vote: 16. 

It's weird, but I just had higher expectations of LL. And I'm kind of an anti-Logan person, so that contributes to why I love that one a little less than the other episodes in that list. 

I didn't think most people loved either of these episodes as much as I do, so I'm very excited to see them here! These are both on my "desert island" list. 

Edited by stillsearching74
5 minutes ago, lulu1960 said:

The Fundamental Things Apply: "Now Luke, the train is not going to leave the screen."  Ha! cracks me up every time.

Haha yeah! I just loved how he just went along with Lorelai's rules. He knew better to argue and then his disbelief when it was Lorelai that actually broke them all! ? And I loved how they were both giving Rory dating advice and at the end when both Lorelai and Rory put a blanket over Luke when he was asleep. ?

21 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

7, again.  I hated the whole dance marathon thing.

I kind of have a love/hate with TSG,DT.  I love the 40s theme, everyone looks so classy and beautiful, and the Kirk/Lorelai dance-off rivalry is a thing of beauty . . . but you will never, ever convince me that a bunch of teenagers came to town square at 4 - 5 o'clock in the morning to watch a dance marathon.  I don't care who was out on that dance floor.  Just, no.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, elang4 said:

Haha yeah! I just loved how he just went along with Lorelai's rules. He knew better to argue and then his disbelief when it was Lorelai that actually broke them all! ? And I loved how they were both giving Rory dating advice and at the end when both Lorelai and Rory put a blanket over Luke when he was asleep. ?

I love the whole phone call with Emily as well. That is such a great episode. 

19 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

I kind of have a love/hate with TSG,DT.  I love the 40s theme, everyone looks so classy and beautiful, and the Kirk/Lorelai dance-off rivalry is a thing of beauty . . . but you will never, ever convince me that a bunch of teenagers came to town square at 4 - 5 o'clock in the morning to watch a dance marathon.  I don't care who was out on that dance floor.  Just, no.

Same. I'll always love me some polka-dot dresses and victory rolls. Andrew and his Liam Neeson tantrum is great. But I hate how both Rory and Jess behave in front of their significant others (and I'm a bit Rory/Jess shipper). It was just so uncomfortable. Also not a fan of Jackson getting so mad at Lorelai, when SOOKIE was the one telling their private business. That's how friends talk, they give their opinions. But she wasn't inserting herself. But then, we're back to Mrs. Kim and Jess, Mrs. Kim and Dave, and a mountain of egg salad and I just.....it's great. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 1

Ok, now I'm going with 9, even though it's hopeless, haha. I love TSG,DT. Everyone's criticisms are totally valid, but I think it's an almost perfect episode that encapsulates all of the things that 'make' the show, especially in the early seasons. Lots of townie goodness, quirky town event complete with gorgeous costumes, fun Lorelai and Rory stuff, great Luke/Lorelai moments, and the culmination of the Rory/Jess/Dean triangle (finally!). I love that Dean finds his backbone. I'm a sucker for Lane and Dave. There are even some nice Lorelai and Emily moments. Ah well. 

• Love 3

Well I had to do it.  7 is goners!

2. Forgiveness & Stuff

5. A-Tisket, A-Tasket

14. Raincoats & Recipes

16. Written in the Stars

I love all these episodes so this is hard now! ? But I'll go with the majority and say 5 just because Dean was so pathetic in that ep. Loved all the Luke/Lorelai interaction in it though.