Type keyword(s) to search

The GoT Effect: Once Great Shows That Got So Bad They Sent You Into A Rage Spiral

• Start Topic

On 12/28/2023 at 4:23 PM, Cobalt Stargazer said:

"Everywhere she goes, evil men die and we cheer her for it. And she grows more powerful and more sure that she is good and right." Tyrion Lannister

I think if they had expanded more on that, it wouldn't have seemed so random. Tyrion's position was not only that Daenerys was insane, but that she was insane and that she was praised for her insanity, her ruthlessness in destroying those she saw as evil. Even if it was a slow capitulation to madness, it's not like most of the people around her didn't know what she was doing, and either because of their fears of her dragons or the human armies she commanded, no one moved to stop her. I recently saw a clip on Twitter where Jamie was readying his soldiers because they heard whooping and hollering coming over the ridge, mounted riders approaching, and then Dany flew in on Dracarys' back and suddenly it was a barbecue for her soldiers to mop up the survivors. It's not like no one knew what she was capable of, but instead of studying on how she was initially seen as heroic (or at least not a lunatic) we get this in the end:

299526874_1875290779469299_8300696048847884204_n.thumb.jpg.91797dba6adcf08434bc277cfa7ad457.jpg

You probably have a point there.  I didn't have a problem with Dany's end and actually had been expecting it because I saw a pattern to her constant use of the threat to torch everyone, but others may not have and I can see maybe needing a little more discussion of that between Jon and Tyrion.

• Like 3
37 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

I didn't have a problem with Dany's end and actually had been expecting it because I saw a pattern to her constant use of the threat to torch everyone,

Same. I'd been calling it since season 2. 

• Like 4

I think people were just honked off that TPTBs seemed to want to rush the end of the series and were just piling on at that point. 

I mean, they literally spelled it out with the Varys voice over, after we learned who Jon Snow really was - 'When a Targaryean is born, the gods flip a coin...' Well, there were only two left, and Jon was clearly the more stable. 

• Like 6