Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: FALLENORACLE

The recruits break into the NSA on a mission to delete their personal information, but the rogue CIA group has other plans. Meanwhile, in the future, the hostages plot an escape via underground tunnels in order to get the terrorists to reveal themselves.

It took me awhile, but I finally figured out the secret behind this week's episode.  It was about misdirection.  "They" had us sitting there for an entire hour (minus the commercials, 47 minutes), thinking there a was a coherent plot, and I, for one, fell for it.  Who knows what "they" accomplished in that hour.

Seriously, once again, you send trainees into a high security area with the admonition that, if you fail the first time, you're out of the CIA?  And it only took one day of pickpocket training to become experts.  The only thing they had going for them was that the NSA building had equally incompetent people working in it.

5 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

It took me awhile, but I finally figured out the secret behind this week's episode.  It was about misdirection.  "They" had us sitting there for an entire hour (minus the commercials, 47 minutes), thinking there a was a coherent plot, and I, for one, fell for it.  Who knows what "they" accomplished in that hour.

Seriously, once again, you send trainees into a high security area with the admonition that, if you fail the first time, you're out of the CIA?  And it only took one day of pickpocket training to become experts.  The only thing they had going for them was that the NSA building had equally incompetent people working in it.

It brings up the same problem throughout both seasons, none of the trainees are learning anything, so the dual timelines doesn't work since it's not being applied to the terrorist crisis plot.  All it does is make things convoluted when there's been nothing but  overdone 'terrorists' reveals that are all pointless until the finale reveal.

So confused.  I thought I was following the present day plot, but now I don't know.  CANNOT do a rewatch to try and figure it out.  Can someone help me?  Is this right?   The AIC is doing sanctioned missions.  So they aren't really the AIC, they are just other CIA agents.  But the "terrorists" are looking for AIC agents.  And will killed the first lady to find them . . . .?  And Ryan is one of the terrorists?  And that one lady that was married to Sebastian?  She's AIC?  Or was she one of the terrorists?  Really, I can usually follow along with twists and turns.  Maybe I don't remember enough from one episode to another.

2 hours ago, Heatsja said:

So confused.  I thought I was following the present day plot, but now I don't know.  CANNOT do a rewatch to try and figure it out.  Can someone help me?  Is this right?   The AIC is doing sanctioned missions.  So they aren't really the AIC, they are just other CIA agents.  But the "terrorists" are looking for AIC agents.  And will killed the first lady to find them . . . .?  And Ryan is one of the terrorists?  And that one lady that was married to Sebastian?  She's AIC?  Or was she one of the terrorists?  Really, I can usually follow along with twists and turns.  Maybe I don't remember enough from one episode to another.

I think Lydia is doing sanctioned missions, so they are just other CIA agents. And that's what Ryan got recruited for, so that's why everyone kept telling Alex and Shelby they were wrong with the whole investigation back at the beginning of the season (before the hostage crisis). 

But the terrorists that took everyone hostage in the present are a separate group. Leigh was part of that and was recruited after she got kicked out of training for a reason I don't remember. Ryan and the other people recently recruited were recruited for something different. But, wait, then that doesn't explain how Ryan is pretending to be a terrorist. Sorry, I just confused myself.

Did we see that lady that was married to Sebastian before this episode? 

My problem with this show is that I just can't bring myself to pay that much attention.

Carly was the one Sebastian slept with in their seduction episode right? and now his ex wife? If Leon was out, what was he doing in the present? Is he fbi? Lydia had the drives and she lost them??

Yes I am so confused too. :/ 

9 hours ago, piequinn35 said:

Carly was the one Sebastian slept with in their seduction episode right? and now his ex wife? If Leon was out, what was he doing in the present? Is he fbi? Lydia had the drives and she lost them??

Yes I am so confused too. :/ 

I think so, but it doesn't seem to matter since they might be dead anyways.

I didn't post here about the show this season because I don't give the show my full attention. I am so confused now I came here for clarification but I see others are equally confused. I pretty much followed the plot last season but this is ridiculous. I don't even remember what is on the drives.

So, t this point the players are:

FBI agents, some undercover at the CIA: Ryan, Alex, Shelby, Nima, Miranda, Will; regular CIA: Owen, Sebastian, Harry (on loan from MI6); black ops CIA: Leon, Diana, Lydia. And then the amorphous terrorists, of whom only Carly has shown herself. Or is Miranda with them for real? And we have no idea what the terrorists want or why they staged the hostage crisis. I hope they explain things coherently in the end.

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 1:49 PM, Dowel Jones said:

This one paragraph is better writing than anything the professionals have put together this season.

On 2/14/2017 at 7:00 PM, Free said:

It brings up the same problem throughout both seasons, none of the trainees are learning anything, so the dual timelines doesn't work since it's not being applied to the terrorist crisis plot.

They sort of make it work. The flashbacks were all about "misdirection" and in the current timeline, the misdirection was Sebastian's wife. They were all looking at her while the rest of the bad guys took Will (and the very important McGuffin hard drives).

On 2/14/2017 at 1:49 PM, Dowel Jones said:

The only thing they had going for them was that the NSA building had equally incompetent people working in it.

All government facilities have incompetent people working in them. I think it's a basic requirement for government work. Have you never been to the DMV?

59 minutes ago, marcee said:

They sort of make it work. The flashbacks were all about "misdirection" and in the current timeline, the misdirection was Sebastian's wife. They were all looking at her while the rest of the bad guys took Will (and the very important McGuffin hard drives).

All government facilities have incompetent people working in them. I think it's a basic requirement for government work. Have you never been to the DMV?

The problem is that the characters aren't developed, you have people here not even knowing who Sebastian's wife is or if she appeared before.  So it's hard to care about any plot twists or which character may or may not be a terrorist since they overplayed that so many times already that it loses any impact it might've had.

1 hour ago, Free said:

The problem is that the characters aren't developed, you have people here not even knowing who Sebastian's wife is or if she appeared before.  So it's hard to care about any plot twists or which character may or may not be a terrorist since they overplayed that so many times already that it loses any impact it might've had.

Don't get me wrong. Quantico is a complete shitshow. It has been since season 1 episode.. I don't know, maybe 3? Nothing makes sense, everyone's a triple agent and somehow Alex always looks Pantene ready. I was just responding that they were actually trying to draw parallels between the timelines and yes, government workers are typically incompetent across the board - not just for this silly plot.

2 hours ago, marcee said:

Don't get me wrong. Quantico is a complete shitshow. It has been since season 1 episode.. I don't know, maybe 3? Nothing makes sense, everyone's a triple agent and somehow Alex always looks Pantene ready. I was just responding that they were actually trying to draw parallels between the timelines and yes, government workers are typically incompetent across the board - not just for this silly plot.

Even so, that's more of a copy and paste between the timelines which adds nothing to the series.  All it does is overcomplicates things for no good reason.

This show sits in my DVR for a long time, but I finally watched and would like to know WHO they were talking about at the end? What roommate with a name I do not know? I yelled out loud "How are we supposed to remember these people?!?" Get canceled, show. For some reason I can't delete you so you are going to have to self-destroy. 

47 minutes ago, Gillian Rosh said:

I know (KNOW) I will regret asking this, but why are the bad guys/rogue agents called AIC? I ask because I've only been watching the show intermittently and checking in here.

I think that's what the main characters call them because it's CIA backwards.  They call themselves by a different name, which I can't really remember.

Owen: I hear you have a particular set of skills.

Harry: (Knowing chuckle) who have you been talking to?

Blair and Russell obviously had fun with that exchange.

And now I'm ready for Harry to employ his seduction techniques on Owen.