Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: We Can Kill People

I loved Abby's scene the best.  I am enjoying the fact that Abby is being written as a "regular" teenager and not too far in either direction of the annoying teenager spectrum.   She reacts to what is going on in her family like you "might" think a teenager would.  

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I dig Abby.  

For some reason the neighbor's line delivery of "She's not toddler hot" had my husband and I in stitches.

I am not usually one for zombie shows- that is more DHs thing but I am really enjoying this show.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, saoirse said:

Abby (and the actress who plays her) are so AWESOME. She's a fantastic find, reminds me of Jane Levy from Suburgatory. And yes, Abby and the neighbor kid remind me of real life teenagers.

This!  At first I was sure that I  had to  have seen her in something else; she seemed SO familiar.  But now that you say this, I think it's more so that she reminds me SO much of Jane Levy's character in Suburgatory. And that's a good thing.

I admit I was a little iffy about the pilot episode of this show (I'm VERY vomit-phobic) but each episode seems to get better.  Lines like the aforementioned "toddler hot," "a young, single Hitler" and  (paraphrased) "Yes, honey, I’m worried about our daughter, but not as much as the murdering and eating thing" all had me legitimately laughing at loud.

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 1
On 2/4/2017 at 10:24 AM, janie jones said:

I like Abby other than that chunk of hair on the right side of her head that's longer than the rest.  It's all I can look at.

Yes, this is driving me absolutely insane. I don't understand if that's part of the style or what, but it really, really irks me.

• Love 2
On 2/4/2017 at 11:24 AM, janie jones said:

I like Abby other than that chunk of hair on the right side of her head that's longer than the rest.  It's all I can look at.

Its funny I didn't even notice that until I read your post and decided to re-watch and looked for it.  And even then I had to really look.   Not something I would notice on my own.  Then I thought about it and I kinda liked her hair style.    It looked like a teenagers hair and not an overly done television style of perfect head hair.   

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I was wondering how they would handle Sheila's first non-Nathan Fillion kill.  I like how how first started with some obvious choices like a pedophile and a drug dealer, but then it ends up being some asshole in a sports car, that was being a jerk to Joel.  Maybe not "right", but there is always something fun about watching a general douchebag get taken down a peg.  Of course, in this case, it means getting killed, eaten, and stuffed in a freezer!

Abby's little rebellious streak is fun.  I loved how baffled both the neighbor and her friend where during all of it.

Yep, the cop is so going to keep digging and likely be a future victim.  Also noticed that Sheila was eyeing Richard T. Jones' cop as well.  So many choices!

Really enjoying this.  Drew Barrymore and Timothy Olyphant are a pair that I never knew I wanted.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Ha, I'm with Sheila - every guy who has dated a teenager claims they didn't know!

I mean, let's just say for the sake of argument that Cole was telling the truth (that Sarah told him she was 21 and he has been selling drugs to help his divorced sister) - he broke up with his girlfriend at a taco place, didn't even bother to get out of the car, AND he took her quesadilla. He's definitely a dick. I don't care how many hugs he gives Joel - that was a shitty way to break up with someone.

Often I cringe at kids when they're not on shows specifically about/for teenagers, but Abby, Eric, and Sarah are all being portrayed realistically and in a funny way, so they can definitely stay. I think that Abby's escalating rebellion/need for drama starting with ditching school for the first time and then retaliating against Cole is well within the realm of what a normal high school student would do. I just hope that Abby doesn't keep needing more and more dangerous things to do.

Ha, Porsche guy ended up being the perfect victim - a super sketchy douchebag who owns a strip club and a waste management company and has photos of women taken from inside a toilet? Bon appetit, Sheila!

• Love 2