Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Getting Real

Once again, MJ is her own worst enemy. I'm beginning to wonder if she is actually good at her job.

Lee has a lot of patience. I didn't think he'd come back, and frankly, I'm wondering why he did. I'm not sure she's worth the frustation she causes.

"Next time, swallow ya kids, bitch" - damn! I had to watch that interview a few times. I had a hard time understanding Mercedes's accent.

• Love 1

Once again, MJ is her own worst enemy. I'm beginning to wonder if she is actually good at her job.

Lee has a lot of patience. I didn't think he'd come back, and frankly, I'm wondering why he did. I'm not sure she's worth the frustation she causes.

"Next time, swallow ya kids, bitch" - damn! I had to watch that interview a few times. I had a hard time understanding Mercedes's accent.

MJ is one of the most frustrating characters, ever. I get that it's refreshing to see a woman 'have it together' on the surface, but be a ball of neurosis, privately, but MJ stays doing the most. Getting mad at Lee just because he wasn't ready to move in with her? Girl! Why are you bringing a U-Haul on the second date? They juuuust started being exclusive, and already she's apartment shopping with him? Good thing he had the sense to shut her down about that. Then saying that she walked away from a dope apartment. MJ, no one told you to do that! 

It was nice to see Paul. He seems successful, now. I hope the show didn't forget about that real estate scheme he and the Asian woman was cooking up last season. I'm curious about how that panned out. 

That "swallow ya kids" line was everything. It's crass AF, but, I'd be lying if I'd say I didn't think it was too bad Niecy didn't do that. I didn't understand Mercedes at.all. That was some intense mush mouth. 

• Love 3

I'm beginning to wonder if MJ is actually sane.  Seriously, she needs therapy.  

Lee does have a lot of patience and, honestly, I don't know what he sees in her considering there are a gazillion attractive, sane women in NYC.  I'll be interested in seeing how MJ interacts with his kids.  Something tells me it won't go very well given MJ's tendency to sabotage her relationships.  

Maybe is't just me, but I'm so over finger-wagging, neck-rolling Lisa.  I cringe whenever she's on the screen. And what about her kids?  Does she just skype with them?  I still think she has a crush on MJ.  I halfway expect her to carry a roll of toilet paper around just so she can wipe MJ's ass.

Mercedes was a hoot but I wouldn't want to know her.   

I had forgotten that MJ had a brother named Paul. 

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 2

Yet another Evil Asian Character in the beginning of the episode with the annoying selfie girl.  I was actually really surprised that she said "I have enough segments as it is" to the producers to hopefully guide them to letting MJ have one or two of her own.

You mean Lisa Vidal I guess?  I actually love her, I just think she's so gorgeous so I guess I have a girlcrush on her myself.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
10 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Yet another Evil Asian Character in the beginning of the episode with the annoying selfie girl.  I was actually really surprised that she said "I have enough segments as it is" to the producers to hopefully guide them to letting MJ have one or two of her own.

You mean Lisa Vidal I guess?  I actually love her, I just think she's so gorgeous so I guess I have a girlcrush on her myself.

I thought the selfie girl was pretty nice. Wasn't she the one who invited MJ out for drinks in the first episode? She's young and seems a bit silly, but she's an okay person.

I love Lisa Vidal, too. If they hook up Kara with Nicholas Gonzalez's character, I could watch that all day every day.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, announcergirl said:

I wish her love interest was more attractive. Really. Seriously. 

I look at him at one angle and go "hmmm...not bad" then I look at him at another angle and go "bless his heart."  He's not the handsomest guy, but I think his personality makes up for it.

I don't want to see any more of Kara and the baseball dude.  In fact, the one thing that would make me leave the show is if they begin to focus more on her. 

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 1

I didn't get Lee.  At first, he talked as if he wanted to move in with MJ and then, when she found an apartment he changed his mind.  I was confused by him too.

Lee was right about central heating though.

MJ needs to put a hit on Rhonda, what a bitch.

• Love 1

I missed the part where Lee acted like he wanted to move in with MJ, but if he did, I think he would have preferred  a more affordable place (if there is such a thing in NYC).  Assuming he'd want to contribute financially, I think he looked around at the place she was considering and said "no way can I help pay for this."  

• Love 2
On 2/4/2017 at 11:12 AM, Ohwell said:

I missed the part where Lee acted like he wanted to move in with MJ, but if he did, I think he would have preferred  a more affordable place (if there is such a thing in NYC).  Assuming he'd want to contribute financially, I think he looked around at the place she was considering and said "no way can I help pay for this."  

One evening they were hanging out in MJs hotel room, and she casually mentioned that she was feeling claustrophobic and needs to speed up her real estate search. Lee casually mentioned that his sublet was about to be up. Then they paused, looked at each other, and were like, "We're not really having this conversation, are we?" But they were both smiling. 

--I missed the scene where Lee told MJ it was too early for them to move in together. 

On 2/1/2017 at 10:29 AM, Ohwell said:

I'm beginning to wonder if MJ is actually sane.  Seriously, she needs therapy.  

Lee does have a lot of patience and, honestly, I don't know what he sees in her considering there are a gazillion attractive, sane women in NYC.  I'll be interested in seeing how MJ interacts with his kids.  Something tells me it won't go very well given MJ's tendency to sabotage her relationships.  

I totally agree. And going back to the first episode, when the matchmaker told MJ she couldn't work with her, I wish she would have used her psychology/sociology/crazy client experience to kindly tell MJ that she should consider therapy because of some deep-seated issues that would make a long-term relationship difficult. She could have been effective even if she weren't kind and simply had told MJ that she was a crazy-ass byotch who'd never find her lifelong mate if she didn't deal with her baggage. 

On 2/1/2017 at 10:29 AM, Ohwell said:

Maybe is't just me, but I'm so over finger-wagging, neck-rolling Lisa.  I cringe whenever she's on the screen. And what about her kids?  Does she just skype with them?  I still think she has a crush on MJ.  I halfway expect her to carry a roll of toilet paper around just so she can wipe MJ's ass.

I used to feel that way about Kara, but she has really won me over this season. Every move she's made has been smart and productive. And clearly, she's the one with the brains in this friendship. The reason she and MJ are in NY with this great opportunity is because of Kara. And the reason they're currently being blocked at every turn is because MJ decided to befriend Ronda and blab about the charity and about Justin/Jason?--fine ass Michael Ealy. 

I think she pushes and supports MJ because MJ has the better on-camera face and presence. Kara knows she's better behind the camera. As Kara showed when she was playing around with the baseball player, she doesn't talk like a journalist or deliver news with an "anchor" voice. Or even with a lively sports commentator voice. 

I'm not sure what's going on with her kids, but she does mention them from time to time. 

On 2/2/2017 at 9:27 AM, Ohwell said:

I look at him at one angle and go "hmmm...not bad" then I look at him at another angle and go "bless his heart."  He's not the handsomest guy, but I think his personality makes up for it.

My son watched a preview for the show and said Lee looks like Frozone (from The Incredibles). I had to laugh because he was right. Lee is a great guy--seems almost too good to be true. I wonder if he has a dark side. 

Edited by topanga
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, topanga said:

I used to feel that way about Kara, but she has really won me over this season. Every move she's made has been smart and productive. And clearly, she's the one with the brains in this friendship. The reason she and MJ are in NY with this great opportunity is because of Kara. And the reason they're currently being blocked at every turn is because MJ decided to befriend Ronda and blab about the charity and about Justin/Jason?--fine ass Michael Ealy. 

I think she pushes and supports MJ because MJ has the better on-camera face and presence. Kara knows she's better behind the camera. As Kara showed when she was playing around with the baseball player, she doesn't talk like a journalist or deliver news with an "anchor" voice. Or even with a lively sports commentator voice. 

I'm not sure what's going on with her kids, but she does mention them from time to time. 

While I agree that Kara's very good at her job, I just find her highly annoying and I've never warmed up to her.