Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: The Painting

yeswedo

Having just been released from prison, Mike, a convicted felon, has gotten not one, but two jobs in the span of a week?

And they sure wrapped up Harvey's family drama quickly. Not complaining. Although yummy Billy Miller is never a bad thing.

• LOL 1

Mike not being a lawyer makes so much sense, although he likely won't be able to hold himself back in court forever, so the show keeps working on getting him a license.   How was Marissa planning to argue her case to begin with if she is only a law student? (who, by the way, I believe can argue certain cases while working in law school-approved clinics.)

So it's still Pearson Spector Litt, is it? At least they saved a couple of grand from not having to redo signs, letterheads, and such. 

I had to laugh at Harvey's "My flight doesn't leave for another two hours" comment about his bags still at the office.  Three words, Harvey.  Transportation. Security. Agency.  And yelling curse words won't work on them.

I hope that Harvey-lite's client doesn't go around telling her neighbors that the clinic forwarded her $3500 dollars for rent.  That might just cause a wee bit of trouble down the line.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

So it's still Pearson Spector Litt, is it? At least they saved a couple of grand from not having to redo signs, letterheads, and such. 

I had to laugh at Harvey's "My flight doesn't leave for another two hours" comment about his bags still at the office.  Three words, Harvey.  Transportation. Security. Agency.  And yelling curse words won't work on them.

I hope that Harvey-lite's client doesn't go around telling her neighbors that the clinic forwarded her $3500 dollars for rent.  That might just cause a wee bit of trouble down the line.

Knowing Louis, he's paid for that "Pre-Screening" get out of line free card.   Every lawyer at my firm has it (even ones that don't travel regularly).  You jump through hoops to obtain it, but there's a special line at the airport and you don't have to remove your shoes.   Of course, that's a little law firm "inside baseball"!

12 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Knowing Louis, he's paid for that "Pre-Screening" get out of line free card.   Every lawyer at my firm has it (even ones that don't travel regularly).  You jump through hoops to obtain it, but there's a special line at the airport and you don't have to remove your shoes.   Of course, that's a little law firm "inside baseball"!

It's called TSA Pre and it's not a big deal to get. Now if you get a GOES card (expedited customs) it's takes more time but it's worth the time, effort and money to get. It includes TSA Pre. 

Finally a decent episode to watch. I get Harvey's anger and angst. The  writers need to have more Louis without all the mood swings. Not much Rachel which is good. Overall an episode I didn't need to FF thru some of the show.

Edited by CaptainCranky
  • Love 2

This show is such a melodrama now.  Zero corporate law, which was the twist that differentiated Suits from every other legal drama.  At this point they're hardly featuring any normal law either.  It's just the same people angsting.  I really enjoyed this show in it's early seasons but it's lost it's way so much that I barely recognize the show I got engaged in.

• Love 2
On 2/3/2017 at 4:07 AM, CaptainCranky said:

It's called TSA Pre and it's not a big deal to get. Now if you get a GOES card (expedited customs) it's takes more time but it's worth the time, effort and money to get. It includes TSA Pre. 

Finally a decent episode to watch. I get Harvey's anger and angst. The  writers need to have more Louis without all the mood swings. Not much Rachel which is good. Overall an episode I didn't need to FF thru some of the show.

Oh - I was under the impression you plunked down a couple hundred for it for some reason - maybe that's what I'm confusing it with.  I was surprised when I went to my niece's wedding in Orlando last year that I got a "pre" designation on my boarding pass.  I have to admit, if I was a frequent flyer, I'd want it myself.  

On 2/8/2017 at 0:16 PM, Carolina Girl said:

Oh - I was under the impression you plunked down a couple hundred for it for some reason - maybe that's what I'm confusing it with.  I was surprised when I went to my niece's wedding in Orlando last year that I got a "pre" designation on my boarding pass.  I have to admit, if I was a frequent flyer, I'd want it myself.  

You pay $85 for the pre-check, $100 for the Global Entry.  The biggest hurdle is the time going and interviewing to get the status IMO.  Nowadays, lots of cards and even Orbitz new reward status gives you Pre-Check or Global Entry for free.

I was really torn with this episode.  I can totally understand Harvey's anger and his continual holding on to something like that, what his mom did was traumatic and unforgivable to drag Harvey into her complicity.  However, he should understand that people are not perfect, even his parents and even his dad, and family is family so it is time to move on.  IMO, the problem was the audacity of the mother at dinner to actually have the nerve to "forgive" Harvey.  For crying out loud, talk about not being able to read the room.  It took Harvey THIS many years to be able to even come close to forgiving you, and you want to try to belittle what he was doing by throwing some blame game around?  THAT is NOT how a parent is supposed to behave.  Sure, Harvey maybe SHOULD have gotten over things earlier, by being an adult, but that does not give YOU the right to "forgive" him for it.  He didn't BETRAY you or YOUR trust, or traumatize YOU.  Yeah so you claim he was an adult and SHOULD have forgiven you, but YOU were an adult when he didn't do that, he was a CHILD when you messed up as an ADULT.  Geezus, sorry, getting off my soapbox now.

And that new husband was so chickenshit, charging into the house and acting all big body about how DARE Harvey talk to his mom that way, and yet, claims he didn't come here for a fight when Harvey dared him to take a swing. 

• Love 4
On ‎25‎.‎3‎.‎2017 at 12:26 AM, HawaiiTVGuy said:

I was really torn with this episode.  I can totally understand Harvey's anger and his continual holding on to something like that, what his mom did was traumatic and unforgivable to drag Harvey into her complicity.  However, he should understand that people are not perfect, even his parents and even his dad, and family is family so it is time to move on.  IMO, the problem was the audacity of the mother at dinner to actually have the nerve to "forgive" Harvey.  For crying out loud, talk about not being able to read the room.  It took Harvey THIS many years to be able to even come close to forgiving you, and you want to try to belittle what he was doing by throwing some blame game around?  THAT is NOT how a parent is supposed to behave.  Sure, Harvey maybe SHOULD have gotten over things earlier, by being an adult, but that does not give YOU the right to "forgive" him for it.  He didn't BETRAY you or YOUR trust, or traumatize YOU.  Yeah so you claim he was an adult and SHOULD have forgiven you, but YOU were an adult when he didn't do that, he was a CHILD when you messed up as an ADULT.  Geezus, sorry, getting off my soapbox now.

I agree completely.

Even generally, it's not enough to say "I am sorry" but you has to listen to the other how your actions have hurt him and give him empathy. It's not about feelings, or even your guilt, it's about his feelings! 

On ‎3‎.‎2‎.‎2017 at 10:48 PM, Rascotes said:

This show is such a melodrama now.  Zero corporate law, which was the twist that differentiated Suits from every other legal drama.  At this point they're hardly featuring any normal law either.  It's just the same people angsting. 

I think that the the crux of the matter was when Donna said that Harvey regarded his closest collegues as "family" and therefore he is so reluctant to accept that Mike "left" the firm.

First, I think that it's an odd concept of family. In normal families parents accept, indeed, wait for, that when children grew up, they leave the home for study and work, to date and marry. Therefore Harvey, although being a little sad for losing Mike's constant company, should at the same be glad that Mike can cope without his advice.

Second, the workplace is *not* "family" where ties are natural and emotional. Of course collegues can be friends but that's not the most important thing but how they work. It's not good for a firm's athmosphere when some are favored not because they work better than others but because the boss is intimate with them. Not to speak of sacrificing the firm and other workers in order to help the favorite on trouble.