Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions

betsyboo

ha19 minutes ago, betsyboo said:

@luna1122 - here you go!

ha! thanks!

so: I really like Regan and think Megan Fox is hilarious. I like her too cool dynamic and delivery. I'm uncertain I buy her and Nick as a real couple, but I get why they'd find each other attractive. Nick is a weirdo, but he's a cute weirdo.

I also find Robby amusing, or maybe I just like the actor. I don't want him n Jess together in the long run, but for now, I'm good with them. I like the weird, unexpected, unbelievable layers we keep finding about him:  He did hot yoga with Darlene Love. He saved Elon Musk's life. He has a gold record for playing with Santana. There's a PBS documentary about him.

Oh, and I still find this show very funny.

• Love 5

I also like the actor who plays Robby.

My UO is that I don't have a vehement opinion about Reagan or Robby. And I also don't care if Nick and Jess are endgame. But I do have one about Jess - I just don't care about her anymore. I'm not rooting for her. These days I FF thru her/Nick mostly and just watch Schmidt and Winston.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, luna1122 said:

Oh, and I still find this show very funny.

Blasphemy!!

Okay. The show still has its moments, and every episode typically gets a few laughs from me. But it lost so much of its early season magic.

Robby is... okay. The actor who plays him is good. I liked his begrudging friendship with Schmidt and their joint pining for CeCe. But the episode where all the awful stuff kept happening to him really turned me off from his character and I can't even explain why. I probably would have thought he and Jess were perfect together... a season ago. But now that she's admittedly still into Nick, I just can't feel anything good toward their story.

The unbelievable layers we keep discovering about him might make sense if the characters hadn't known him for 4 years. We first met him in season 2! CeCe dated him, he was one of Schmidt's groomsmen. It all seems so strange to me.

Anyway... here's my (possibly?) UO, and it goes all the way back to season 1...

I was CERTAIN that Jess and Schmidt were going to be the centerpiece couple on this show. They had great chemistry together, and as much as I love Cece-Schmidt, I still think they would have been the perfect pairing.

• Love 2

I like the character of Robby a lot, but I agree that he doesn't have any chemistry with Jess. I wish they could keep him around for another reason.

I also have lost my love for Jess. She's a shell of who she used to be, and her story lines are the least interesting parts of the episodes now.

• Love 1

I like Robby and Jess together and think they compliment each other well. We don't often see male versions of Jess in media so I think he's interesting.

I was shouting "Nooo" during the Jess and Nick scene. As someone who was rooting for them early on, now it seems so forced.

• Love 2
On 12/1/2017 at 9:12 PM, ae2 said:

I was CERTAIN that Jess and Schmidt were going to be the centerpiece couple on this show. They had great chemistry together, and as much as I love Cece-Schmidt, I still think they would have been the perfect pairing.

There was a moment in season 1, episode 13 "Valentine's Day", where it looked that Schmidt and Jess were going to hook up after some words from Schmidt telling her to choose someone familiar to have her first one-night-stand. Jess just went to her room to grab that huge box of condoms that she had bought, but Nick caught her in her way to Schmidt's room, where Cece was already there

• Love 1
On 1/23/2017 at 5:14 PM, Aquarius97 said:

There was a moment in season 1, episode 13 "Valentine's Day", where it looked that Schmidt and Jess were going to hook up after some words from Schmidt telling her to choose someone familiar to have her first one-night-stand. Jess just went to her room to grab that huge box of condoms that she had bought, but Nick caught her in her way to Schmidt's room, where Cece was already there

Oh my gosh, yes! I almost forgot about that!! Remind me, did Nick know that Jess was about to try to hook up with Schmidt? 

4 hours ago, saratothej said:

Oh my gosh, yes! I almost forgot about that!! Remind me, did Nick know that Jess was about to try to hook up with Schmidt? 

Nick caught Jess knocking Schmidt's door with the box of condoms in her hand. Jess tried to deny it when Nick asked her, but it was undeniable

17 hours ago, Aquarius97 said:

Nick caught Jess knocking Schmidt's door with the box of condoms in her hand. Jess tried to deny it when Nick asked her, but it was undeniable

Gah, yes! I need to go back and re-watch the earlier seasons. They were so much better. 

Well I guess the fact that I still love this show and I still love Jess is an unpopular opinion! To me the show is still funny and quirky and sweet. Every season had it's ups and downs, but it's remained pretty consistently entertaining. Reagan was a great character and I really liked her, but her time has passed and now we get to have Nick and Jess together again and I love it. 

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:51 PM, Gothish520 said:

Well I guess the fact that I still love this show and I still love Jess is an unpopular opinion! To me the show is still funny and quirky and sweet. Every season had it's ups and downs, but it's remained pretty consistently entertaining. Reagan was a great character and I really liked her, but her time has passed and now we get to have Nick and Jess together again and I love it. 

I only started watching the show about a month ago - I marathoned it on Netflix. Usually, when I end a marathon I get a little sad but move on, but with New Girl, I just started back at the beginning and am on season 4 again! While there are definitely weaker moments later on, I also find it consistently entertaining.

• Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:04 AM, libby80 said:

I don't like Jess. Is this an unpopular opinion?

It took me an entire season to be able to watch a full episode of this show.  I felt such second hand embarrassment for Jess that it was painful.

Eventually I got used to it.