Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Eleven Thirteen

47 minutes ago, haberdashersaurus said:

The Resistance, as depicted, makes no sense to me.

I made the comment early on in S1 that the Resistance would do far better if they focused on helping the population with food and medicine, thereby undermining the Alien rule.  But they're stuck in a never ending video game of Alien Combat, and they're losing.

• Love 1

It's also important to remember, though, that the military guys who might have had the real smarts to organize a forceful resistance were all hanging out at the VFW.  That's why the resistance is so bad -- almost all the guys who would have known what they were doing and had experience at such thing got blowed up.   Same thing with political/social activists, I imagine. The people who could have led a revolt were removed post haste, leaving only the inexperienced and the posers to try and fight the aliens.  

Also, if it weren't for the moon stuff, I'd say they weren't aliens at all.  But the moon makes that hard to conceive.  

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, whiporee said:

That's why the resistance is so bad -- almost all the guys who would have known what they were doing and had experience at such thing got blowed up

Which begs the question about whether they knew what they were doing when they gathered together in one location. Though, I'm sure it was a failure of imagination - we tend to prepare for known tactics. Aliens with that kind of knowledge, and that kind of fire power wouldn't have been their first guess.

• Love 1

Well, remember the guy who he had the conversation with was predicting something else -- the neo Nazis or whatever -- had produced the EMP. At that point, they didn't have a concept of death from above -- they just thought they had chosen a strong point and were rallying forces for the conventional battle that was coming. 

Then boom. 

3 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

Which begs the question about whether they knew what they were doing when they gathered together in one location. Though, I'm sure it was a failure of imagination - we tend to prepare for known tactics. Aliens with that kind of knowledge, and that kind of fire power wouldn't have been their first guess.

You still don't concentrate like that. The guy Broussard was talking to said himself, we're labor not management. They seemed to be just those more willing to use violence than most, but didn't pass the filter to be recruited into the Red Hats. Which gets me thinking that if they knew he was home with the leverage of his mother's care Broussard may have made a perfect recruit as a Red Hat unit leader.

• Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 8:22 PM, Haleth said:

Was it?  I missed that. Was he going to Sydney?

Not that it probably matters, but he was on a flight to New York.

I'm still debating in my head whether the hosts are aliens or future humans, or what.   It just seems odd they are called "our Hosts" which implies we're guests.   And if we are, what are the Hosts' reasons for being here and keeping us around.   (Apart from the vague "It was inevitable" from the Governor-General's liaison).  If they wanted to wipe us out, they could have done that easily enough it seems.

3 hours ago, jcin617 said:

I'm still debating in my head whether the hosts are aliens or future humans, or what.

Maybe the entire cast are the aliens, and it's the unseen earthlings that have come back to wipe them out.  Sorry, too soon after the Twilight Zone marathon?

• Love 1

I think this show made a huge and maybe irreversible error by not showing some of the initial invasion in the pilot and second episode.

Those scenes might have completel caught the public attention when it was a brand new show.

i have the feeling the story telling was not designed enough to grab viewers from the beginning. People aren't going to hang around for a year to have some basic plot points explained. 

Im not sure why they made the choices they did, possibly for budgetary reasons they couldn't afford some things in the pilot. But I think too that the writers and showrunners were counting on a mysterious alien invasion to propel the show. The problem is that viewers are burned out on that storytelling style and that the leads aren't good enough to carry the show.

its a shame because the show could be good. I don't know anyone else who watches it and it gets barely any attention here. They missed their chance to engage the entire viewing public with dramatic alien takeover.

• Love 1