Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: Autumn

"You'all hirein'?"  I thought Autumn would try to correct his phone etiquette, but instead she said "good job".  SMH.  I didn't catch them saying how old Dustin was, but his mother has definitely been enabling him for far too long.  The cup of urine at the restaurant table, the giant pot leaf blanket at the hospital, the old ball cap that I could smell from through my television...  what a mess.  I actually liked Autumn, and I felt like she wasn't entirely stupid.  And neither was her mother, although she did end up with two pregnant teenagers.  I wonder where Misty's baby-daddy was.  I'm glad Autumn filed for child support and I'm glad her final comment to the camera was "sorry to break it to you, but you probably won't end up with the boy you have a baby with." or some words to that affect, as she held back tears.     

So far this season I think both Maddy and Autumn are far more realistic about their circumstance than previous teen moms on previous seasons.

• Love 2

Count me shocked that Dustin got a job at all. I wonder if the bike shop wanted the PR.

I wondered about Misty's baby daddy, too. Maybe she called MTV too late in her pregnancy to be featured, and there was another pregnant teen in the house...

Dustin's mom supposedly called the cops on Dustin and then let him off the hook? I'm not sure I buy it the way it was presented. At any rate, Dustin wasn't interested in being responsible for a kitten, never mind a baby. Autumn's final talking-head crushed my soul. Dealing with teenage heartbreak and the loss of your first love sucks under any circumstances. To watch your child effectively be abandoned, too...I felt so awful for her. She knows just how bad she screwed up.

Oh my. Watching Autumn was just heart wrenching. She was trying so hard and really had faith that Dustin was going to step up. I know everyone but her saw that it wasn't going to happen, but I really wish for her sake that it had.

I'm glad that Dustin at least like being around that baby, but having him not caring about anything other than holding Drake for a few minutes was really painful for Autumn. And ditto on her talking head at the end being sad. You could tell she had finally realized Dustin was never going to step up and she is going to be left trying to explain his absence to their son for the rest of his life. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy, let alone a sweet kid like Autumn.

Oh my. Watching Autumn was just heart wrenching. She was trying so hard and really had faith that Dustin was going to step up. I know everyone but her saw that it wasn't going to happen, but I really wish for her sake that it had.

I'm glad that Dustin at least like being around that baby, but having him not caring about anything other than holding Drake for a few minutes was really painful for Autumn. And ditto on her talking head at the end being sad. You could tell she had finally realized Dustin was never going to step up and she is going to be left trying to explain his absence to their son for the rest of his life. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy, let alone a sweet kid like Autumn.

And that happens to so many mothers.

I really liked Autumn's Family.  She is lucky to have them, truly!  Dustin was absolutely horrific.  It took her a bit, but I'm glad she realized that finally.  It didn't take her as long as say.. Chelsea from Teen Mom 2 to realize that Adam was not her knight-in-shining-armor.

I enjoyed Autumn and her family but could not handle the drug test at the restaurant thing. If I was eating nearby and saw them put a urine sample on the table, I probably would've gagged. Gross.

Good on Autumn, though. She really seemed to put her life together, little by little. Baby Daddy tried a little, too, but if I was his mom, we would've had a long talk.