Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: Ghosted

Scott, Lydia and Malia search for clues about the Wild Hunt in a mysterious place called Cannan while Liam and and Hayden take drastic measures in the fight against the Ghost Riders.

Meh. I miss Stiles. I don't think that'll change. However, there was still more of Lydia/Scott/Malia than Hayden/Liam, so that was a plus. 

Except Theo's back, so it automatically drops points. Again, the show's writing is so bad. "Let's put him back in the ground." "...Stiles." "Oh, never mind, you can live."

Unfortunately, I doubt that Malia attacking Theo will stick. Also, I doubt that Liam's hanging onto Kira's cool sword for long, because he's going to lose it and Theo will destroy it. I agree with Kira's mom; whatever happens with Theo is on them. I will gladly blame Liam and Hayden for this mess. Also, Theo doesn't seem to be giving them anything truly useful. They also have all the leverage, so all they need to do is send him back into the ground, then resurrect him. Keep doing it until he talks. If he doesn't after the fifth try, keep him down there and find another way. He doesn't have any useful powers anymore, so screw him. 

I love Melissa and Chris a lot. I love that she pointed out to herself that Chris isn't even called Chris by people, but Argent. 

So, Sheriff Stilinski finally ripped open that wallpaper. Did he find Faux Claudia's secret Ghost Rider lair? I assume it's not a doorway/portal to Stiles, but it must have some importance. 

Lenore the Banshee and Dead Drowning Kid were equally as creepy. It's nice to get more Lydia, but I REALLY want to know what other powers she has and how they work. 

Creepy Cannibal Teacher is creepy. I don't trust him. Go away. You look so bland that I honestly thought he was that one werewolf friend of Liam and Mason's. 

• Love 1

I liked the episode.  I just can't anymore with idiot B team Hayden and Liam.  Idiots.  Just straight up dumb idiot children.  They didn't think they should consult with Scott before A) letting the teacher in on the ghost riders info and B) bringing Theo back from wherever he was.  Seriously?  That's the master plan?  Why did Noshiko give them the sword?  Was she taking stupid pills as well?  

I thought Lydia was kind of dumb in this episode though.  It was super obvious to me as soon as she was pulled into the vision that Lenore was a banshee.  It took way too long for Lydia to realize it too.  I liked how creepy Canaan was.  Kind of loved when the little boy punched Malia, violence is not always the answer dear.

I hate that the sheriff is so resistant to accepting he has a son but I also understand that he is probably being whammied 24/7 by his "wife."  Hated the fade to black with him finally tearing down the wallpaper but they showed what it was in the preview for next week.  I always assumed it was Stiles' room and it seems I was correct about that.  His room had to go somewhere.  I'm very interested in seeing the sheriff confront fake Claudia.  I wonder why he got a replacement in place of what was taken?

I do feel that having the nazi werewolf teacher also be an issue this season is too much on top of everything else.  I'll be glad when his storyline is resolved, the ghost riders are pretty interesting enough on their own.

All in all a semi-good episode.  I still feel like this season has been firing on all cylinders for the first time in a long time.  

• Love 2

Was the actor who plays Mason not available? What the hell was Liam doing coming up with the "plans"? Also, why was Malia doing the Canaan research and not Lydia? When you establish research and plan people, show, don't later hand research and planning off to the characters least suited for it. Also, show, when you have a Druidic veterinarian, your nurse will go to him to find out how to treat supernatural whip venom. We haven't seen Deaton since he had Lydia do the automatic writing when she wrote "mischief" over and over. If the actor isn't available, tell us the vet is out of town. The show's completely random use of knowledgeable characters like Deaton and Noshiko drives me nuts. 

Bringing back a loathsome character like Theo is even worse. Ugh!

I did appreciate there being more Scott/Lydia/Malia than Liam/Hayden, and I did appreciate plenty of Melissa/shirtlesshunk!Chris, but this might be my least favorite episode of the season. The season is still better than the DD nonsense, though. 

• Love 1

This was a horrid episode.  They really should have let DOB go after season 5 and write Stiles off last season instead of trying to write entire episodes around his absence.  It's making for a disjointed mess.

Everyone's acting in this episode got even worse, I didn't know that was possible.  They've all completely given up.  Watching Shelley try to force out some tears was just painful.  Moving along, did Scott do...anything these past eps?  Because he actually is the character I never remember after and as the titular character, I would say that's not good.  When I remember the Nazi Wolf more, this is a problem writers.  I seriously have no idea what they're doing with him.  He's supposedly the Alpha...why is he not acting like it?  

Wow, Liam that was dumb.  I actually still like you and you're actually being more proactive than Scott but wow...dumb.  How did you make the executive decision to bring Theo back without consulting your Alpha?  You ARE still a beta, no matter what the writers think.  Was Mason off doing "research" with Cory? In another town?  Why wasn't he involved?  All of these people need to take a seminar in communication.

Echoing what was stated above, why is Malia in charge of research?  Can't she like barely read?  Idk, but it just seems like something that would be over her capabilities.  

I hate Hayden. 

I could have been down with Melissa/Argent but it's just so forced.  Like every other ship on this damn show.  But TW isn't about ships, amirite Posey/Jeff Davis?

I don't know what was up with banshee Lenore and her dead wet son and frankly, I don't really care.  I guess the GR brought him back and that's why the town is gone?  I'm just tired.

At least Papa Stilinski finally knows something's up.  

610 and then I'm out.  

Edited by onyxrose81
  • Love 1

I thought this episode was really weak, especially after they got my expectations up last week with a strong Stiles-centric episode. I did like how Theo knew this was not a Scott-sanctioned mission and basically asked to speak to one of the grownups. And I'd be down with the Melissa/Chris pairing if it weren't that a) I'm an ardent Sheriff/Melissa shipper and b) hey, remember when he threatened to murder your son? No? Right, you were out of the loop then. Could someone tell her, please? 

On 1/4/2017 at 9:01 AM, ahisma said:

Also, why was Malia doing the Canaan research and not Lydia? When you establish research and plan people, show, don't later hand research and planning off to the characters least suited for it.

This. And on the same note, why was Malia driving instead of Scott or Lydia? I'm just saying, I still remember those cones she took down in Mr. Yukimura's driver's ed class.

At least Stilinski is onto stuff. And Melissa continues to be the most qualified medical professional in Beacon Hills. Sorry, Deaton.

Also, I just realized this show used "Hungry Like the Wolf" in a completely non-werewolf context and am deeply amused. ETA: I just learned that Russell Mulcahy, who's directed many episodes of Teen Wolf, was the director of the "Hungry Like the Wolf" music video.

Edited by bettername2come
  • Love 5

I knew that at some point the show would fall off the wagon of decent episodes. This one was soooo sloooow. The whole Canaan bit was apparently just to tell us that banshees are immune to Ghost Riders. That was a hell of a waste of time for just that. The kiddie pack resurrected Theo (bad kids! Time out for you – preferably for the rest of the show). And that was just to find out that the Ghost Riders are stuck.

Bits that I liked:

Kira’s sword is back! That’s a really nice effect. Also: Kira was actually mentioned instead of never being talked about again.

Scott coming home to his kids having really messed up in his absence. Complete with the disappointed parent look.

Theo not being instantly redeemed (alas! there’s still time for that).

The sheriff slowly coming round to the idea of Stiles.

Bits that I hated:

Melissa and Chris taking up screen time without cause. I just don’t see the point of their storyline or them. But that’s true for every other “romantic” relationship on this show, too.

Liam’s lack of brain power is wearing really thin (if they’re really looking for someone to replace Scott when he leaves, why hasn’t anyone jumped to the obvious conclusion?).

Theo!!! Why can’t this show ever let their villains rest? Especially the dead ones?

Why did they all phone in their performances? And the writing? Both were atrocious.

My question is why is Canaan not on any maps even as a ghost town?

And hey, Melissa has now has chemist as another feather in her cap! There’s no end to that woman’s talents!

My question is why is Canaan not on any maps even as a ghost town?

When the Ghost Riders disappear people, they alter the memories of those around and the physical records (e.g., Claudia's medical records). So when everyone from Canaan was gone, the roads signs to the place disappeared, the highway patrol who used to check up started passing it by, the state tax authority didn't have any Canaan people in their records anymore, map makers would follow the department of transportation's records of roads... (I don't know how NO ONE would have visited in the era of satellites and Google Earth, though.)

• Love 2

Canaan seemed very close to many towns so someone should have accidentally found it.  Satellites are always mapping terrain.  It would have been noticed by someone.  *sigh*  It's just another thing that makes no sense.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, onyxrose81 said:

Canaan seemed very close to many towns so someone should have accidentally found it.  Satellites are always mapping terrain.  It would have been noticed by someone.  *sigh*  It's just another thing that makes no sense.  

Honestly, not that they'll ever explain it and not that this makes much sense, but I'm just going to assume that when the entire town is wiped out, the Ghost Riders somehow supernaturally cloak it. And perhaps, only people who are looking for it (maybe just supernatural beings) can find it. Plus, if it's still on the map from thirty years ago, the Ghost Riders don't erase the town entirely out of existence. Just from the point where everyone's gone. 

• Love 1

I'm in favor of anything that has Noshiko.  I've been thinking all along that we're going to see pretty much every character (well, the living ones) in the final season, and better Peter and she, they're confirming my suspicions.