Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E19: World Meets Girl

@TDT Didn't know (or forgot) about Biz, but I've been eagerly awaiting SITM! The mini episode thing they did recently was great! Someone needs to request a show for both of those shows! *places finger on nose*

It's been debated on this board who the target audience is of GMW compared to BMW.  After watching this episode, I certainly understand who Disney considered to be the target audience.  As a 35 year old, I felt ANCIENT watching this.  I couldn't make it through more than 5-10 minutes.  I'm glad that they did this for the younger people in the audience, but this episode definitely wasn't for me.  I'm not angry or bitter about that, just saying it answered a question I had.

• Love 7

I am very sad about BFW. I thought it was a good show. I hope Naldo getting a new show does mean this one ends. The way Disney films, kids seems to be on two shows at once i.e. Steven Perry on Mighty Med and GLC, the kids on Jessie and on Bunkd and GGTE

GMW failed in my opinion is because they tried to make ever episode be a "VERY SPECIAL EPISODE" they did not make enough fun episodes, this is why it never captured the magic of BMW

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Aliconehead said:

I am very sad about BFW. I thought it was a good show. I hope Naldo getting a new show does mean this one ends. The way Disney films, kids seems to be on two shows at once i.e. Steven Perry on Mighty Med and GLC, the kids on Jessie and on Bunkd and GGTE

GMW failed in my opinion is because they tried to make ever episode be a "VERY SPECIAL EPISODE" they did not make enough fun episodes, this is why it never captured the magic of BMW

The creators of BFW are planning the Thats So Raven revival/spinoff,so it looks like theyre focusing on that..though i get the feeling that show will meet the same fate as Girl did

Plus it seems Disney and DXD are getting rid of most of their live-action shows to focus more on animated ones(over on Disney XD they burned off all the "new" episodes of Kirby Buckets and that Gamers Guide To Everything show,but they renewed Mega X4  before the first season even premiered))

Edited by TDT
21 hours ago, Aliconehead said:

In both of those instances, the previous shows had finished filming before the new shows started.  Due to child labor laws, there's no way they'd be able to prominently feature the same child actors as leads on two shows filming at the same time.  

I think they had plenty of just fun episodes, and really can't remember more than a few "very special episodes." 

I thought this episode was a sweet thing to do for the cast and for the fans.  The actors were all so good with the kids, and it's clear that the cast really enjoys each other. 

If this was filmed after the finale, I wonder if it was their way of putting a little bow on the series for the fans, since there wasn't a traditional finale episode.  If that's the case, it was a nice way to do it, outside of being able to do a traditional "wrap it all up" finale.  This way, they allowed fans and the cast to talk about what the show meant to them, and celebrate it. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

In both of those instances, the previous shows had finished filming before the new shows started.  Due to child labor laws, there's no way they'd be able to prominently feature the same child actors as leads on two shows filming at the same time.  

I think they had plenty of just fun episodes, and really can't remember more than a few "very special episodes." 

I thought this episode was a sweet thing to do for the cast and for the fans.  The actors were all so good with the kids, and it's clear that the cast really enjoys each other. 

If this was filmed after the finale, I wonder if it was their way of putting a little bow on the series for the fans, since there wasn't a traditional finale episode.  If that's the case, it was a nice way to do it, outside of being able to do a traditional "wrap it all up" finale.  This way, they allowed fans and the cast to talk about what the show meant to them, and celebrate it. 

I think thats what one of the online articles i read had said, that the show is"saying an early goodbye to fans" with this episode..

Looking at some of the castmembers's social media accounts it gives the impression that they pretty much accepted the fact the show is ending,not seeing any tweets like "#SaveGMW" or whatever(at least last time i checked)

Edited by TDT

This episode was sweet for all of the young fans.  I liked how the younger cast interacted with the kids in the audience.  I'm old as dirt because when they would ask about favorite characters my immediate reaction was "HOW ARE THESE CHILDREN NOT APPRECIATING CORY?!" 

I shut the episode off before it was over but it wasn't for me anyway.

• Love 1

I was real disappointed when the cast asked the audience if they had any questions.  Almost everyone raised their hand, but when they were picked, the cast asked the question and not the audience member.  The bay window for the audience was a nice touch.

23 hours ago, Akenta said:

I was real disappointed when the cast asked the audience if they had any questions.  Almost everyone raised their hand, but when they were picked, the cast asked the question and not the audience member.  The bay window for the audience was a nice touch.

I thought that was the whole point of the episode, to focus on the fans/audience rather than cast members.

The little speech by adult cast members and the way Sabrina and Rowan interacted at the end made more sense in the light of show cancellation