Type keyword(s) to search

S32.E08: Drop the Mike

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Per the aftershow.

Ha Taiya is full of it with her accent. She did it to portray herself a certain way.

Kass go the fuck home if you are worried about providing for your kid. You are bringing no money home from this. There is no job. Get out!

I don't think Mike is a racist. I judge things like that based on intent and not content. He's just fucking around and thinks he's funny. But, once you put words out there, people will feel the way they want to feel and it's their right. Listen to that person, apologize and move on from there. You can't tell them how to feel. 

• Love 2

I'm a bit tired of hearing about Kass and him having to work long hours to provide for his kid...Dude is wearing a $300 belt and a $500 backpack...he can't be hurting that bad, I guess.

The Mike situation is a no brainer to me, I told feel as if he's racist...he made a bad joke to another drunk person and shit got taken out of context...I'm kind of glad he left b/c he would've never heard the end of it.

I really love Orlana... and even though Kass is annoying, I kinda want homegirl to get some play.

• Love 2

Not caring about the show. I'm good with Mike becoming a pariah and not getting Challenge invites because . . . dude, look at him. Look at him. He's a creepy motherfucker even if you don't find out that he joined the Aryans to avoid getting raped. Does that explain the tattoos?

• Love 2

IDK if Mike is truly racist or if he just needs his privilege checked.  I think it may be the latter, but I'm cool with never seeing him again (I'm one of the seven people who watched him on AYTO).

• Love 2

I do think Mike is a racist and it's not because of the stupid joke he told.  I think he just felt comfortable saying it, and feeling like he knows he's not prejudiced and he tries to talk like he's so street, but doesn't really get the undertones that make it so painful to his black friends.  I'm one of those people that don't know how and why people started throwing the n word around like it's an endearment.  Maybe trying to take the sting out of it. I don't know, I'm not black so I don't think I have a right to say anything.  But I know the horrible history of the term and would never even think to say it as a joke.  But mikes young and probably doesn't flinch like I do.

No, what makes me think Mike is racist is he was in jail for two weeks and immediately joined the aryan brotherhood. Doesn't seem like he held out for a second, or fought it, or thinks it's not completely understandable  that he did that.  I like it that Kass went there by saying how wrong and unacceptable it was. 

Mike is a scary, creepy, bad tempered weirdo who stole from his roommate Peter before and now walked out with his shoes.  Remember how he was so weird talking to himself and making those odd angry faces that time in the confessional?  I cannot imagine what Jordan sees in him.  He makes me want to run away.  I hope he stays gone but I have my doubts because he does appear on the aftershow and he's still friendly with them all.  Unfortunately.  

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Rbonnie said:

But mikes young and probably doesn't flinch like I do.

Wait, Mike is young? I have my doubts about that too. He's one of those guys who thinks that because he has black friends and has lived in mixed race neighborhoods, that he has a pass to say whatever. When the other roommates where like "nah, brah" he made the ultimate white fragility move and ran off (with someone else's shoes who had already stolen from in the past). At best he's a selfish, entitled douche at worst he's a criminal in the making. Remember the time he was creeping around in the middle of the night, talking to himself? Wasn't he also holding a knife?

Edited by Soobs
On 12/3/2016 at 6:15 PM, Soobs said:

Remember the time he was creeping around in the middle of the night, talking to himself? Wasn't he also holding a knife?

I don't remember a knife, but that's crazy,  Why wasn't he kicked off immediately? What has happened to this show 

On Tuesday, December 06, 2016 at 10:07 AM, Rbonnie said:

I don't remember a knife, but that's crazy,  Why wasn't he kicked off immediately? What has happened to this show 

That's not an actual reason to kick someone off and I don't remember a knife. They also used the guy before and there were no issues like that so I can't judge the show over that. 

If I'm remembering correctly, Mike was kicked off of are you the one for domestic violence issues. The girl he liked, whose name I forget, goaded him for a long time until he lost it and chucked her across the room. I'm wondering if he got a lot of backlash from that, leading him to just leave the real world as opposed to staying and defending himself. He kept saying that they are going to portray him however they want so he's just going to leave and not give them any more footage to manipulate.