Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E09: Glasnost

• Start Topic

I am really curious if Miguel Ferrer had a stroke, because if not, that's some scarily accurate portrayal.

I knew from the beginning that the daughter would end up as Callan's sister.

And Kensi seemed to recuperate awfully fast this week, at least as far as her legs went.

• Love 3

I googled Miguel Ferrer but couldn't find anything other than speculation. I do worry because his face seems quite gaunt in addition to his slurred speech. Really hope he's okay.

regarding the episode, I thought it was good. I enjoy the easy banter between Kensi and the other patient. It doesn't hurt that he's easy on the eyes lol! And now that Callen has a first name and a sister/nephew, I hope we get some interaction between them. But if Eric is going to continue in the field, they've got to tone down his cartoonish behavior. He did well when he had to fire his weapon, but the childishness has to stop.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

I googled Miguel Ferrer but couldn't find anything other than speculation. I do worry because his face seems quite gaunt in addition to his slurred speech. Really hope he's okay.

I did the exact same thing with no real information.  I also googled why the actress who plays Kensi has such an unusual look to her eye. It is a birthmark on the iris of her eye. That may be old news to all of you but that just blew me away. I didn't know there was such a thing.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, llewis823 said:

I also googled why the actress who plays Kensi has such an unusual look to her eye. It is a birthmark on the iris of her eye. That may be old news to all of you but that just blew me away. I didn't know there was such a thing.

Welcome to the fold!  When I started watching this show, I did the exact same thing.  I thought the makeup artists were bad on the show, to always have her eyelashes clumped and stuck together like that with mascara.  I was so sympathetic to the actress, thinking how gawd-awful annoying that must be, but it was there episode after episode before I realized it wasn't mascara.  Then I broke out the Google....

• Love 1

We have only been watching all the NCIS shows since April. My husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer (NO SYMPTOMS WHATSOEVER - LADIES MAKE YOUR MEN GET CHECKED!) And he had surgery (successful I might add!) and he got hooked on all the NCIS shows that re-run during the day while he recuperated from surgery. So now I'm hooked too. lol  The nice thing about having never watched these shows before is that now with all the reruns and all the years they've all been on but we haven't watched, there is ALWAYS an episode new to us on!

• Love 3

That was a great episode all around. Eric in the field felt like the writers finally noticed people complaining about how they treat the character. Yeah, we did get some childish actions during the interrogation scene but the rest was a real surprise. And I sort of dig his obsession with grenades LOL! The Kensi and Deeks scene was really touching - such a simple gesture yet loaded with so much meaning. Thanks to the intro monkeys it was clear that Callen would get another sister. Still I liked the story, for once Hetty's actions did not remain nebulous but it became clear by the end that she had been one step ahead of everybody else. Daniel J. Travanti was great - especially in the scenes with Linda Hunt. And I really appreciated that Callen decided to let Alex know -  'no more secrets' tied in nicely with the episode title.

Edited by MissLucas
  • Love 2