Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Brave-ish Heart

ApathyMonger

I didn't feel sorry for the PT Cruiser.

The alien realm of the shadow people was really dark. Granted, it's the shadow people, so... no real landscape or otherworldliness. Just dark.

I liked that the parents got involved.

The pretty flowers did do a lot of damage.

No idea why people weren't taking out their phones and filming/taking pics of the shadows devouring the 'flowers'. Too logical, probably.

The Governors still remind me of Missy/The Master. The Prince has a lot of growing up to do. Some good exchanges with him and Quill.

I for one hated the parents involvement. It just seemed to dilute the seriousness of the situation for them to constantly bicker in the background and interfere in things they had no idea about. 

I like the Governor lady even if she was a bit smug and self satisfied towards the end. 

Jesus this show is shit isn't it?

Poorly written, dreadful acting especially from that half a heart girl and her father, and to top it all off it all seems very angst driven. Same problems as Moffett era WHO.

Its such a chore to sit through. At this stage only made bearable by the gay couple and Miss Quill.

• Love 2

Yep. Only reason to watch is Miss Quill. I loathe the rest of the angsty teens, with the possible exception of Charlie's somewhat reasonable boyfriend. When I think about it, I hated angsty teens when I was a teen. 

Watching people being attacked by pretty pink flowers was hilariously cheesy, as was the blue glowing heart thing with April and her mom. I think her scene's were meant to be powerful or something but I giggled every time her chest lit up and the actress tried to pull it off as something.  Watching Prince Idiot angst over what to do was boring. Not being able to hear a damn thing that happened in shadow world made that whole storyline uninteresting. This show went downhill fast. It's just too stupid, but not in a fun cultish way. It's just kind of crap. I mean, really, people are just stepping in and out of rips in time/space now? WTF?

In the original run of Doctor Who, did they have anything like the killer petals? Such a low-tech concept, yet it works. Just make somebody mutilated, cover him/her with petals. Done. So easy.

I'm good with the series so far. Right now, the big mystery lies with the Head Teacher, and the suspense comes from Ms. Quill being able to snap and murder everybody in sight.