Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: Home Is Where the Heart Is

Trey
  • Start Topic

Good episode but Casting really needs to pay more attention. The Mossad guy (the actor I mean) did an arc on Mothership. As a member of Mossad, working in the Kidon unit. Very jarring to see essentially the same character with a different name.

Lovely scene between Granger and Deeks 

Glad Anna was with Nell this week instead of Callen.  Loved the football jerseys with the aliases on them. Mr Carl is back!

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

Good episode but Casting really needs to pay more attention. The Mossad guy (the actor I mean) did an arc on Mothership. As a member of Mossad, working in the Kidon unit. Very jarring to see essentially the same character with a different name.

I agree!! And I missed his real name so I wasn't sure if he was actually supposed to be Malachi.

I fully expected this arc with Densi, but I have to say, I was so pleased with their initial scene and hoping that they wouldn't go the Kensi-pushing-everyone-away-refusing-visitors route, that I was even more annoyed when it actually happened. I really hope they don't draw it out any longer than Daniela Ruah's mat leave!

• Love 3

I don't think they'll draw out Kensi being hurt any long than they have to. I wasn't surprised by that scene, in fact I was sort of expecting it. I don't think Kensi had really been told the extent of her injuries when she first work up. This is probably the first time she's ever been injured like this and until that point had probably been expecting the doctor to say she'd be down a month or two, then back a 100% and her life goes on. 4-6 months of rehab with no guarantees is a blow and something she's still processing. It is going to take time to for her to come to terms with her new life and the uncertainty of not knowing what is going to happen. She may very well be looking at the end of her career and completely change of lifestyle. And that is not something she can handle right now.

I love how Deeks is being so supportive but now he's going to have to figure out a different kind of supportive. Until now, the focus has been on Kensi waking up. I don't think he's had time to really think about what comes next and since she woke up, he's of course going to be optimistic because it's such an improvement from where she was a couple of days ago. I think Kensi probably would have reacted better if he's said he wasn't sure what was going to happen but that for now, to focus on the physical therapy. I think it was the 'you'll be fine, even better than before' that really got to her because he doesn't know that and it at least appears he's somewhat in denial about potential permanent impairment.

15 hours ago, anna0852 said:

14 hours ago, secnarf said:

I agree!! And I missed his real name so I wasn't sure if he was actually supposed to be Malachi.

Yes! I had to IMDB him! (Because normally I just call him Oded Lite). It was interesting that the "naval" involvement of it was over in the first 10 seconds, but that they kept at it.

Eric, I know you were worried about your gf. But maybe don't watch her getting blown up on repeat. Also- the X-box training? What the wha??

I heart Mr. Carl. hahahahahahaha

I didn't miss Hetty at all.

the daughter looked like a young Sydney Penny.

• Love 1

I really enjoyed this episode. It was an interesting Cotw, and I  liked Sam and Callen being all set to help Martin whether Grainger approved or not.

Loved seeing Grainger being all warm and fuzzy with Deeks.  Deeks needs someone to look after him too with the emotional strain he's going through.  I do hope Kensi starts focusing on getting better rather than on what's going to happen if she doesn't learn to walk again.  I know in real life that's what people go through but it doesn't make for good tv watching, imo, at least.

I am a little surprised at how much I like Anna with the team - I thought she'd be intrusive but now I think she fits right in. She and Nell were great going into the field together.

One thing that annoyed, and I see it in a lot of shows, is the person, Martin in this case, who speaks perfectly good unaccented English, but as soon as his true identity is revealed, he speaks with a strong accent.  Why do they do that?

• Love 2

I think it's because accents are hard to hold, no matter how good you are at them. Once his identity was revealed there was no need to hold the accent. And I was already suspicious before he dropped it since he was using words like spanner and flat instead of wrench and apartment.

• Love 2

But why would you learn to do a perfect accent and then get the vocabulary wrong? Vocab is way easier to learn than accents. If you were fluent, you'd know the basic US vocabulary differences like apartment or wrench even if you learned some other version of English. No, there's no excuse, it was all very silly.

Edited by Lebanna
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, anna0852 said:

I wasn't surprised by that scene, in fact I was sort of expecting it. I don't think Kensi had really been told the extent of her injuries when she first work up. This is probably the first time she's ever been injured like this and until that point had probably been expecting the doctor to say she'd be down a month or two, then back a 100% and her life goes on. 4-6 months of rehab with no guarantees is a blow and something she's still processing. It is going to take time to for her to come to terms with her new life and the uncertainty of not knowing what is going to happen. She may very well be looking at the end of her career and completely change of lifestyle. And that is not something she can handle right now.

Perfect take Anna and I agree 100%! 

Notice how Kensi's mood changed after she'd spoken w the doctor? As you said this was her firdt time hearing the expect of her injuries and her prognosis. 

Daniela and Eric are doing such a great job with this storyline. I appreciate that R.Scott researched this type of injury and wrote these scenes from a place of realism. 

When Sam pulled out that drawer full of weapons hidden in the wall it got me wondering. Are the walls in that apartment building like 3 feet thick? If not, I wonder what is on the other side of the wall? Maybe his next door neighbor comes home every day to a drawer full of machine guns sticking out in his living room.

The hostage exchange made absolutely zero sense. If the kidnapper isn’t going to reveal the barrel the girl is hidden in, then just shoot him right there and you are no worse off then you were before. Actually you would be better off because the Mossad guy would still be around as an extra set of eyes to join in the search.

• Love 4
On 10/31/2016 at 10:25 AM, Trey said:

Loved seeing Grainger being all warm and fuzzy with Deeks.  Deeks needs someone to look after him too with the emotional strain he's going through.

Me too, that was a great scene.  Being someone close to someone going through something like that is really hard.  The patient gets most of the attention, which makes sense.

I did have a couple of questions.  1)when the doctor was there, I could have sworn he was having her move her left arm, resisting the pressure from him and all, but when he left it looked like she couldn't move it, did I miss something?  And 2)when Nell came back to ops after the explosion, it really looked like there were two mannequins sitting in front of computers behind her and Eric.  They weren't moving at all, and didn't look human.  Did anyone else notice that?

• Love 2