Type keyword(s) to search

S32.E01: A Bloody Good Start/S32.E02: Game Enough?

• Start Topic

1. The Season 32 premiere finds seven strangers descending upon their new digs in the Emerald City's Capitol Hill neighborhood; and discovering that they'll be joined by their personal "enemies."

2. A fun game night turns ugly when hostilities erupt between Robbie and Mike.

I uh actually...liked that?

So far Mike is my least favorite (and he looks like he's 32) and Tyara is definitely isolating herself but then was like surprisingly self-aware and rational about some things so I can't completely hate on her. Love Theo, Anika, and Katrina so far.

• Love 1

Exactly.  Why do they have their phones?  It's like RW: L.A.'s Jon with the TV all over again.  There is always someone on their damn phone.

I would have stayed far away from anything romantic with Tyara after her freak out about Theo daring to dance with another girl.  Why is this a thing?  I see  it all the time on these reality shows. My husband never had a problem with me dancing with other guys nor did I care if he danced with other girls.  We knew with whom we were going home.

The Garage!!! Sorry, live in Seattle and we used to go there all the time in college.  

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

Exactly.  Why do they have their phones?  It's like RW: L.A.'s Jon with the TV all over again.  There is always someone on their damn phone.

I would have stayed far away from anything romantic with Tyara after her freak out about Theo daring to dance with another girl.  Why is this a thing?  I see  it all the time on these reality shows. My husband never had a problem with me dancing with other guys nor did I care if he danced with other girls.  We knew with whom we were going home.

The Garage!!! Sorry, live in Seattle and we used to go there all the time in college.  

Also, they just met two days ago and no discussion about dating and she tried to treat Theo like he was another cheating bastard. No way I'm dating that.

• Love 2

In light of all that's going on in culture right now, can we all agree that pressuring people into doing sexual things they may not want to do is not fun or entertaining. Of course this is the RW and we all know that it's tacky as hell. It wasn't necessarily the game that was the problem but the fact that people who didn't go along with it or reluctantly did, were seen as poor sports and closed off. 

• Love 2

Okay, this is the first time I've felt this way in years, but so far, I'm enjoying this one and I'm enjoying the cast.  Last year, they were all just so UGH. 

Love Theo.  He's probably my fave right now.  And for that reason, I beg of him not to get involved with the stank attitude Tyara.  Not a fan of Mike either.  I don't like instigators, but overall, I'm liking it!

I am surprised that there is no one representing the LGBTQ community or the southern sheltered dimwit community, but I like that there's four black people this time.  That's just like real life: a real roll of the dice as to the variety of different communities represented.  I am in.

In light of all that's going on in culture right now, can we all agree that pressuring people into doing sexual things they may not want to do is not fun or entertaining.

This.  I like to think that if I were there, I'd participate for the most part (unlike the stank attitude Tyara), but for sure, if they wanted me to do something I was uncomfortable with, I just wouldn't.  Is it that hard to say no?

• Love 1

Eh.  Kinda boring.  I know phones are a big part of life, but I don't wanna watch a show with people on them.  

Mike is annoying.  Theo seems real cool.  Robbie, the hair looks crusty.   Way too much gel.  Not a good look.  

• Love 1

Only seen the first episode.

At least the FL girl isn't another gun-toting Southern loudmouth like Jenna from whatever that season.

By now, all the people coming on RW has to know they're going to be set up with confrontations from people in their past right?

That's been the MO of the last few season.

• Love 2

A few random thoughts. Forgive me, I promise I'm not actually a terrible person in real life:

- The cast last season was SO UGLY. So I'm glad they got back to casting beautiful people. Jordan and the white girl are so insanely gorgeous. And the guys are pretty cute too. I thought it was hilarious how the girls were towering over the guys though.

- This seems like one of the first casts in a while that could actually be ok without there being a "gimmick" of having a ton of other people come in later. I wouldn't mind if they'd just let this one happen naturally like an old-school season.

- I wanted to hate Tyara for self-isolating but she did bring up a lot of good points that I really agreed with so I can't fully hate her. But it's a little hard to cheer for her because it's like "you signed up to be on The Real World, you knew it was going to be a trashy experience"

- Why is MTV burning off 2 episodes immediately? Are the ratings so bad that they're just trying to crank out TRW quickly to get more people for The Challenge?

- I didn't totally hate the phones. It seemed like a somewhat natural addition for what they've been doing for a while now with showing the crew and such. It certainly beats having one landline for the entire house which just isn't realistic anymore. (Also I read that the phones are somewhat limited, they don't have access to much more than just calls and texts).

Edited by burner
  • Love 1

Just caught up. We're gonna have fourteen of these idiots on this show. Fourteen. I have trouble keeping up with the cast of Survivor when there's a merge. Just a blur of youth and bad ink. Especially Mike. What the fucking fuck is on his chest? Like Scott and Jason puked all over it.

Are we keeping track of when the Space Needle pops up? I think Kim did that on MBTV back in the day. The fireworks looked nice.

• Love 3

Also impressive: BMP can wreck lives with games. I imagine crew members high-fiving as Robbie lost his shit . . . but not loud enough to wake Tyara, of course. I will say that the confessional hidden behind a bookcase? Very nice.