Type keyword(s) to search

Made In Chelsea - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Of course JP wants Binky back--he has no story line/airtime without her.  I hope she stays strong and stays away.  Hell, I'd take a casual fling with Mitten over her getting back with JP.  And I'd bet Ollie would agree.

Olivia reminds me of early Victoria: thinks she's too good for this show, but doesn't let that stop her from being on it.  I think Victoria enjoys playing her role now and embraces it.

I do not want to see "Toff's friends" vs. "Olivia's friends"…that sounds absolutely boring.  As does anything involving Jess.

But…PROUDLOCK IS BACK!! And he still has that fucking earring, at least he ditched the man bun.

• Love 2

This is my secret shame-show!  I've been watching for years, and it's the only show on television with venues and activities that I'm impressed by (is there such a thing as aspirational reality tv?):  Low-key restaurants with outstanding food, classic architecture with tasteful interiors, rowing, country houses, horses, villas in France.....sigh.  

And the locations just serve as a backdrop for fashionable women and gay men trying their hardest to pass as straight (Proudlock, Jamie, Mitten, Francis, JP - I'm talking to you).  And the fabulous Mark Francis and his drag queen sidekick, Victoria.  I feel as though I'm living in South Beach again.

And I love that there are zero loud arguments or embarrassing behaviors on foreign soil.  The cast drinks 24/7 - enough to crack the veneer of English reserve, but never enough to induce "Real Housewives" drunken behaviors (i.e.: "WOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or "TURTLE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!"). 

Although.......most relationship drama is generated by infidelities that occur during blackouts...which seem to taken in stride(!).  As a viewer, I much prefer the alcoholism of the truly wealthy.

The downside?  Watching it is not unlike watching paint dry.  But tastefully applied paint.  Paint that I can dream about for my next life.

Edited by OldButHappy
  • Love 1

British tabloids are reporting that Spencer won't be doing any more reality shows now that his brother is marrying into the Royal-family-once-removed.  Shame - he's definitely the best-looking dude of the whole batch-o-dudes....JMHO, of course.  Though a woman would be out of her mind to date him - if I were in Vegas, I would put money on him marrying a young, virginal, well-bred, "mother of my children" type of woman.  Without exception, that's what every "super-bachelor" that I know ended up doing after years of alpha dating/breaking hearts.

His new royal connection may be the only thing to make him settle into a respectable marriage - the kind of relationship where one cheats discreetly, rather than openly.

Episode 8:

Stephanie hosts a dinner party and strategically seats herself among the bachelors of Chelsea, while Sam finds himself in the middle of the bitter feud between Tiff and Toff.

Airs November 28, 2016.

Oops, it looks like Olivia might get kicked off of the show...a video has surfaced with her doing lines at a late-night party, and the British tabloids are all over it.  I hope not - I think that she's interesting, despite the fact that she and Francis were together in France.

She's not the only one in the group who does blow…I'd be surprised if she leaves the show over this.  Maybe it's that it was caught on video?  Just doesn't seem that big of a deal on a reality show where most people have access to more money in a year than most can make in a lifetime.

Urrrrr I´m so fed up with seeing Frankie. She needs to get a prize for being the most boring, most blah/stupid and most annoying character on the show ever (she´s a triple threat). Then send her away please. What is Jamie thinking? This relationship has to be fake...

I´m up to episode 7 and Binky needs to send JP off on that same trip I´ve decided Frankie´s going on, he´s almost as bad! Out of all the unrealistic story-lines MIC has had, these 2 relationships take the cake.

I've noticed that Rosie & Louise aren't happy unless Binky's unhappy…or they can make her unhappy by shitting on her.  All.of the sudden they feel for JP?  No.  Just trying to justify their airtime.

On 11/30/2016 at 1:45 AM, OldButHappy said:

Agree 100%. However.....http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/38143307/made-in-chelsea-star-olivia-bentley-is-suspended-after-video-drug-claims.  I wonder if her hair-flipping-homeboy will wait for her...I've never seen any boy older than 12 play with his hair as much as he does.

See, this surprises me.  I didn't think anyone cared. LOL

• Love 2

Rosie is dead to me. That bullshit she and Louise were spouting to JP, like he is such a catch? What? He´s not even a catch.

Now he´ll go on to manipulate, control and annoy some other poor girl... but at least Binky is free. Or is she?

Edited by halkatla

Episode 11:

"Made in Chelsea Christmas"

It's Christmas and our Lost Bois throw the ultimate festive party. Jamie enlists the help of reindeer and a sleigh to deliver a romantic present to Frankie.

Airs December 19, 2016.

Episode 12:

"Christmas Party"

Rick Edwards returns for his annual grilling of the Made in Chelsea cast at the revelatory end of season party. The cast react to the drama of series 12 and all the surprises from the past few weeks, as we find out who made whose Christmas card list. There's lots of exclusives and a very special performance of a seasonal classic by the cast.

Aired December 26, 2016.

On 12/12/2016 at 2:06 PM, halkatla said:

Now he´ll go on to manipulate, control and annoy some other poor girl... but at least Binky is free. Or is she?

Hmm, I don't know about that since I just saw that Binky is pregnant with JP's baby.....

This is terrible news.  I'm happy for her, but sad we will never be free from JP unless she permanently leaves the show.  And why him?  Couldn't she procreate with someone more interesting/less of a controlling asshole?

• Love 1

Binky definitely looks good.  The boys' reaction to the pregnancy news was better than the girls.  I wonder if Binky & JP plan to leave the show sometime this year.

And does it seem like they are setting up yet another "Did Louise get drunk & cheat?" storyline?  That dude was way too fake interested in her. 

Episode 2:

As some of the Chelsea gang head to Mauritius, there's trouble in paradise for Tiff, who starts to wonder if she and Sam want different things out of their relationship.

Airs March 27, 2017.

Mauritius, wow.  What a place - so beautiful!

Tiff needs to use the Kate Middleton strategy:  If Sam isn't in the settling down mode, set him free.  Play it cool, and keep the door open.  If someone better comes along, go for it; if you feel he's your true love, keep a low profile and wait and see.  But when I was Tiff's age, I had a boyfriend that was like Sam, and I acted exactly like Tiff is, so it's easier said than done ( he died a couple of months after we parted, so I'll never know how my/Tiff's approach would have ultimately ended up..though I suspect the answer would have been, "not well").

Ryan is on his way out, even if he doesn't know it.  Louise has a zero tolerance policy with respect to insecurity and clingy-ness.  I'd be more into the pro player if he would just button up his shirt.

Props to Mark Francis on his pregnancy styling advice to Binky - she's looking very chic.

Am liking Olivia more - was surprised at how quickly she and Daisy patched things up, and I look forward to her telling her hair-flipping paramour to hit the road next week.

Episode 3:

Mimi rocks Olivia and Fredrik with news of a secret flirtation, while Louise's night out with Alex causes Ryan to worry that this old friend is a bad influence on his other half.

Airs April 3, 2017.

I don't care much about Olivia, but she was right--you don't act super flirtatious with someone when you have a girlfriend.  And Mimi thinking she's cute enough to get away with, "I have a flirtatious personality!"…Girl, bye.  Once you know someone is taken, you turn down the flirt, at least a little…unless you're an asshole.  Plus, Mimi really thinks she's the bees' knees…doesn't she know that the show has gone through countless "cute" blondes?

• Love 2

Olivia handling Mimi made me laugh, even if calling her a whore was a bit too far.  Francis' reaction was the best.  

Jamie always has one set of rules for himself and another set for everyone else.  Sam has every right to be mad and talk to his buddies about it.  Jamie's just pissed that everyone sides with Sam because SAM IS RIGHT.  Jamie is being a prick.

Best part of the episode, though, was the previews.  I cannot wait to see Ollie & JP watching a birthing video together.  I was rolling just from the brief clip!

• Love 1

This show has been going down the drain for years, but if they're really moving in the direction to try and make Frankie and Harry the new "it couple" hopefully that will be the death of it. The show had the formula of rotating in new cast members and promoting mid-level cast while phasing out older cast members. But trying to get the audience to invest in Frankie and Harry is a mistake. Both characters are awful, were introduced as awful, and have never been anything more than antagonists to our beloved cast. Frankie was introduced to us as the stereotypical wet blanket girlfriend, then moved on to just be a tramp who wanted to cheat on Jamie. Harry was introduced to us as a weasel who doesn't give a damn about bro code, and he's done nothing to change that. I'm not sure why the Show thinks we want to see these two together, other than it will keep them away from our more endearing cast members. 

And I'm SOOO ready to move on from Sam and Tiff. Their entire relationship was built on cheating on each other, lying to each other, yelling at each other, and treating each other like garbage. I hate the expression that they need to grow up, because the way they treated each other isn't about maturity, it's about just not caring about other people. These are things they should have learned as kids. 

• Love 2

I guess I'm the only one still watching this show, lol. I had this show on in the background while doing other things. About the only way to watch, sadly. The new "main group" is pretty deplorable, centering around Liv and Harry. Liv, who dumps her boyfriend because she thinks drinking in clubs with strangers is a better life choice than settling down with someone who cares for you, only to then whine and cry like a spoiled brat when she's still not happy. She's not the victim. 

And Harry has never been likable. His girlfriend is cute and sweet, but Harry has never shown himself to be anything other than a self absorbed prick.

Jamie has actually mellowed some, and Ell is gorgeous. But most of the likable characters didn't get much screen time this season. And everything seemed disjointed. Maybe they've brought in too many new people so the connections within the group don't seem as strong. 

Liv is the worst - she's sctually infuriating. How pathetic that she treated like shit and then dumped Digby because her mates basically told her to and more oathetic that he not only put up with her badmouthing him to anyone who'd listen but then practically begged her to get back with him.

delighted that Sam called her out in the last episode.

This season really felt like The Liv Show and not in a good way.