Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: Mother's Day

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I haven't been to the beach in ages, but I remember the sand could be really hot too. You might burn your bare ass sitting on it, depending. 

I often find myself doing the "hot sand" dance as I run up to the boardwalk to get ice cream. I sing a little song with it, too: "Ooh! Eek! Yow! Oooh! Eeek! Shit!" What it lacks in substance it makes up for in volume. 

• Love 7

This is so interesting, I guess the difference is we don't lounge at the beach maybe? The dry sand is hot but we are usually on the wet sand and move according to the tide. I've never really put this much thought into it though! Lol We also live in Florida and mostly go to the more "natural" beaches, for lack of better description. We seldom go to beaches where there are hotels/homes/businesses. Coquina beaches and nature reserves mostly. We do weekend getaways at a couple favorite "resorts" sometimes. Off and on the beach, in and out of the water, between shopping/skating/eating/showering. Still no towels though. I guess we just stopped lugging them around a long time ago. Probably around the time I quit carrying a diaper bag. My youngest is in high school and my oldest will be 29 on Monday. So it's been a while. 

Sorry for getting so off-topic! I really didn't even notice Farrah and Debra didn't have towels on the beach, it's that normal to me. And now, I just put Farrah, normal, and me in the sentence. Eek!

• Love 3
11 hours ago, MissMel said:

This is so interesting, I guess the difference is we don't lounge at the beach maybe? The dry sand is hot but we are usually on the wet sand and move according to the tide. I've never really put this much thought into it though! Lol We also live in Florida and mostly go to the more "natural" beaches, for lack of better description. We seldom go to beaches where there are hotels/homes/businesses. Coquina beaches and nature reserves mostly. We do weekend getaways at a couple favorite "resorts" sometimes. Off and on the beach, in and out of the water, between shopping/skating/eating/showering. Still no towels though. I guess we just stopped lugging them around a long time ago. Probably around the time I quit carrying a diaper bag. My youngest is in high school and my oldest will be 29 on Monday. So it's been a while. 

Sorry for getting so off-topic! I really didn't even notice Farrah and Debra didn't have towels on the beach, it's that normal to me. And now, I just put Farrah, normal, and me in the sentence. Eek!

Actually, this IS really interesting. Our summer home is on an island that isn't very touristy. You won't, for instance, really find any souvenir shops on it. There aren't any stores or restaurants ON the beach although this past summer a dude with an ice cream truck started pulling up to the end of the boardwalk and that was nice. The whole island is a state park with random alligators and crap walking around. Most people get around by bike and the beach is the only real thing to visit there. So I guess we stay prepared with the towels. :-)

• Love 3